FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi @cansha @Naturgrl @sk1984indian

I am in a very critical situation. If you can please advice me what should i do know it will be a great help.

SItuation: I landed as a PR on March and in April i had to return back to my home country due to some urgency. Now I am preparing to return to Canada. I am the only child of my parents and my parents wants to apply for their visit visa now before I leave as otherwise it will be hard for them to collect the documents and so on. My worry is that as I will be giving them the invitation letter to visit me in Canada, will the fact that I am with them in their home country during their application processing might make their application case weak? Do you think this fact may cause the VO to deny the application? There are some RCIC immigration lawyer who said it won't be a problem but others said it will be a problem so I am really confused.

Can you recommend me your thoughts on the above? and also share whether there is anything i can do to prevent rejection? thanks

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
So yesterday, I observed Eligibility started for my mom. What's an average time after that for a decision to be made? Or its so random, no point of overthinking about it :)
My timeline is similar to yours:

Application submitted for Visitor Visa: July 22, 2022
Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL): July 23, 2022
Biometrics Completed: July 26, 2022
Biometrics updated in IRCC Portal: August 9, 2022

No updates since then ...

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Hi @cansha @Naturgrl @sk1984indian

I am in a very critical situation. If you can please advice me what should i do know it will be a great help.

SItuation: I landed as a PR on March and in April i had to return back to my home country due to some urgency. Now I am preparing to return to Canada. I am the only child of my parents and my parents wants to apply for their visit visa now before I leave as otherwise it will be hard for them to collect the documents and so on. My worry is that as I will be giving them the invitation letter to visit me in Canada, will the fact that I am with them in their home country during their application processing might make their application case weak? Do you think this fact may cause the VO to deny the application? There are some RCIC immigration lawyer who said it won't be a problem but others said it will be a problem so I am really confused.

Can you recommend me your thoughts on the above? and also share whether there is anything i can do to prevent rejection? thanks
If there is a confusion, always take a safer route

thundervolt

Aug 13, 2022
Parent Visitor Visa application - Philippines
(We mentioned that we are going to provide everything, no fund showing from my mother's end)
Applications July 25
Biometric request July 25
Biometric submitted July 27
Passport request August 13

Although my niece application is still in process..
Applications July 25
Biometric request July 25
Biometric submitted July 27
Biometric latest update: August 9

Last edited:

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
Looks like my wife's visitor visa (from India) is stuck or something.

Applied on July 9
Biometrics updated on July 11

Eligibility review has not started yet. No other updates.

nehpannu

Nov 6, 2019
Looks like my wife's visitor visa (from India) is stuck or something.

Applied on July 9
Biometrics updated on July 11

Eligibility review has not started yet. No other updates.
Its too early to say stuck.
i applied for mom on july7 only bckgrnd chk strtd. Waiting for elgblty to strt.
I guess totally depends on VO coz i have seen many june people are getting now & some lucky one of july & some may files are still on hang. So…

nehpannu

Nov 6, 2019
So yesterday, I observed Eligibility started for my mom. What's an average time after that for a decision to be made? Or its so random, no point of overthinking about it :)
Its a good news. Usually they give their decision within one week (mostly in 2 days) after elgblty starts.
Yuh will get it soon…

Reactions: Kornet

nehpannu

Nov 6, 2019
Hi @cool_canada

Congratulations on the approval. its a great news.

I am also going to apply for my parents. But they don't have any travel history so we are worried.

If you can kindly describe in details about how you made the documentation more stronger it will be very helpful for me :) Also if you can share what documents have you shown to strengthening the home ties pls ? Thanks ^_^
Travel history is not necessary.you just have to proove their home ties strongly and genuine reason for visiting.
You can show their assets/ property/job/source of income/ some bank balance to proove they have enough funds to visit and will go back .

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Travel history is not necessary.you just have to proove their home ties strongly and genuine reason for visiting.
You can show their assets/ property/job/source of income/ some bank balance to proove they have enough funds to visit and will go back .

Thanks for your reply. Can you give me some idea what reason can i give for my parents that can be considered as a strong reason for them to visit me? Also can you tell me when did you apply ? thanks