+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Citizenship Applications

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Oath completed on Aug-14. No e-certificate yet. Got the email with portal link, but when I enter the details there, says certificate not ready.

AOR: Aug-5
Application submission Date :- Jul-29
Application type (paper based/ Online) :- Online
City:-Ottawa
Days in Canada:- 1130
AOR:- Aug-5
CPC: Sydney
BG completed: Dec-13
Test Invite: Mar-14
Test taken: Mar-18
Test complete: Mar-21
LPP complete: June-8
Tracker update for oath: Jul-27
Oath: Aug-14

Reactions: forw.jane

Manjinder7

May 16, 2019
Mine is all in progress except test. So frustrating and nothing we can do while many people who applied in 2023 are getting their oath invites.
Similar with me,
Applied online 07, July 2022
Test and Background- complete
LPP- complete 17 August 2023
Citizenship Ceremony- Not started

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Similar with me,
Applied online 07, July 2022
Test and Background- complete
LPP- complete 17 August 2023
Citizenship Ceremony- Not started
At least your background and LPP are completed. Good for you

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Anybody contacted their MP?

what should I write in the email to the MP?

This is what I wrote:

Hi xx,

I reside in xx County and applied for Citizenship in April 2022. Originally from Australia, I moved to Canada in 2012 and became a permanent resident in 2016.

I recently received my application notes via ATIP to discover there has been no progress on my file since my successful test completion in November 2022. As I am hearing about others applying in 2023 already being scheduled for their oath, this is becoming a frustrating experience for me.

Is this something that you are able to explore for me? My citizenship application details are below.

Below I included by UCI, application number and timeline.

They replied with consent forms to fill out with specific details. They contacted IRCC on my behalf within the week and replied with the usual BS of 'you're within normal processing times and it should be done by November'.

• Sad
Reactions: Fel123 and jojee2k6

Sandra84

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Canada
AOR - July 25th 2022
Fingerprint request - Nov 2022
BG completed - Dec 12th 2022
Test completed - Feb 8th 2023
GU - March 2nd 2023
LPP - August 18th 2023
Oath - not started

Whew! LPP updated today on the tracker with the August 18th date. I'm so relieved! Oath date left!

Last edited:

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Background check completed today. Such relief. I thought application would never move forward.

Cool2021

Jul 30, 2021
I’m glad here we’ve July Applications thread.

I applied on July 18 and received an email on August 21 that I am missing two documents which are police certificates for two countries which I visited. One is less than seven days and the other one on two occasions on one occasion is less than 183 days like almost 4 months and on second occasion more than 183 days but I have provided for that Police certificate, but now they requesting me to provide the police certificates for both countries or explanation why I cannot provide the police certificate.

I have two questions, my first question: is how I can write back to them using web form or should I send a physical mail to provided address?

The Police certificate I provided is obtain from the country local police not from the embassy. Do you think that can be an issue?

Thanks in advance

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I’m glad here we’ve July Applications thread.

I applied on July 18 and received an email on August 21 that I am missing two documents which are police certificates for two countries which I visited. One is less than seven days and the other one on two occasions on one occasion is less than 183 days like almost 4 months and on second occasion more than 183 days but I have provided for that Police certificate, but now they requesting me to provide the police certificates for both countries or explanation why I cannot provide the police certificate.

I have two questions, my first question: is how I can write back to them using web form or should I send a physical mail to provided address?

The Police certificate I provided is obtain from the country local police not from the embassy. Do you think that can be an issue?

Thanks in advance
Reply back to the same email they asked for the Police Certificate.
The Police Certificate from the country's local police shouldn't be an issue as long as it's valid for 6 months from your application submission.
Even if you hadn't stayed for more than 183 days unfortunately the officer can still ask for it.

Cool2021

Jul 30, 2021
Thank you so much for your response, however, the email did say if I stayed in the country from more 183 days, then I’m required to provide the police certificate or why I cannot provide it.

do you think should I just email back and give them the reason that I did not stay more than 183 days so the condition doesn’t apply on me I believe the officer might have overlooked or something because he saw that I stayed in those countries, so I need to have a police certificate for all of them occasions.

Following is the part of the email which she received:

Police Certificate Request

· You must provide a police certificate for each country or territory where you have been present for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18). If you cannot get a police certificate, please explain why. A police certificate or explanation for no certificate is required for your time spent in XYZ.

· You didn’t upload a police certificate (wrong or blank document uploaded).

To fix this issue

· Upload the correct police certificate

Cool2021

Jul 30, 2021
Reply back to the same email they asked for the Police Certificate.
The Police Certificate from the country's local police shouldn't be an issue as long as it's valid for 6 months from your application submission.
Even if you hadn't stayed for more than 183 days unfortunately the officer can still ask for it.
And you mean I should just email back to the same email where I received the request for more information?

Cause I received three emails in one email it says they have received my application and a letter attached to it. I believed it was AOR after that I received two more emails in which they asking me for Police certificates and my tracker shows no AOR issued yet.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
And you mean I should just email back to the same email where I received the request for more information?

Cause I received three emails in one email it says they have received my application and a letter attached to it. I believed it was AOR after that I received two more emails in which they asking me for Police certificates and my tracker shows no AOR issued yet.
Absolutely you should reply back to the same email that you got. When it comes to Police Certificates they are not very lenient so if I were you I would try to obtain it but if you decide not to provide it be prepared for delays.

Reactions: Cool2021

Cool2021

Jul 30, 2021
Absolutely you should reply back to the same email that you got. When it comes to Police Certificates they are not very lenient so if I were you I would try to obtain it but if you decide not to provide it be prepared for delays.
baffles my mind that in instances they ask for Police certificates for stay less than 183 days — it’s already so hard to get certificate from all those embassies in first place.

I’m gonna provide the police certificate for The occasion where I stayed more than 183 days and for the other, I would write them that I did not stay more than 183days so I don’t need a certificate for that period.
Let’s see what happens.

Thanks for your input anyways.

Reactions: Calgary222

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
LPP completed today
Phew

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
An update from me in relation to rescheduling: my application history was updated on 22 June 2023 to "Citizenship Oath: Not started".

I hope that means someone looked at my file and a rescheduled ceremony isn't too far away. Fingers crossed!
My tracker finally updated on 29 August to "Scheduled for Citizenship Oath" (on 12 September; but no email invitation yet so I don't know whether online or in person).

So that was 4 months almost to the day after my initial ceremony was scheduled.

EDIT: I received my Notice to Appear on 1 September 2023. Video Ceremony (out of Winnipeg).

Last edited: