Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
Hey guys, I seriously need your advice.

I'm planning to travel late end of July to my home country and its important that I do it during July to August due to family issues. My citizenship application is pending LPP after the March 2, 2023 update. Test is passed and LPP is in progress. AOR is July 2. Considering the timelines in the past and the current strike situation, do you think its safe enough for me to believe that I will get my passport before last week of July? I need the Canadian passport to travel as I have to travel via States and I dont have a US visa. Or do you think I should wait and forget about travelling this upcoming July/August?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

I'm planning to travel late end of July to my home country and its important that I do it during July to August due to family issues. My citizenship application is pending LPP after the March 2, 2023 update. Test is passed and LPP is in progress. AOR is July 2. Considering the timelines in the past and the current strike situation, do you think its safe enough for me to believe that I will get my passport before last week of July? I need the Canadian passport to travel as I have to travel via States and I dont have a US visa. Or do you think I should wait and forget about travelling this upcoming July/August?
What's your processing office? After LPP complete people are waiting for months for oath too. So it's a tricky situation.

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
What's your processing office? After LPP complete people are waiting for months for oath too. So it's a tricky situation.
Its Vancouver.

Yoruba girl

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019

I think you should plan for worst case scenario. No one knows how long the strike is going to last.

Reactions: shaheersinn

Limerick

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Oath Scheduled on May 9th.. Please let me know what documents I need to take.... is passport mandatory? or Driving License is enough?

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
As per Google sheet after LPP there are examples of Oath after 1, 2 and 3 months. So keep your fingers crossed and hope for everything getting completed by June based on best case scenario.
Its pretty confusing and getting on my nerves now. But I guess I cant do much about it. If its taking even upto 3 months from LPP then I will cancel my plan.

Apr 23, 2023
2 days ago called IRCC, agent told that they didn't even start the LPP (test completed 6th of feb - online applicant). Today I see LPP completed on 12th of April. I'm so excited. Does that mean decision has been made? Usually how long takes to oath?
Hello Bidil,
What exactly did you ask the agent when you called IRCC? The status of your application?
Thank you in advance!

LucienV

Mar 1, 2023
Its pretty confusing and getting on my nerves now. But I guess I cant do much about it. If its taking even upto 3 months from LPP then I will cancel my plan.
Or possibly look into getting a US visa (renewals are quicker if that applies to you) and go on with your short planned trip as long as your PR card is still valid. I imagine there’s going to be a back log regarding rescheduling of cancelled ceremonies once the strike comes to an end ‍♂

Reactions: Yoruba girl