+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Citizenship Applications

Keets45

May 14, 2018
Everything just reverted back to "Complete" and the tracker for my partner and I now says that my Citizenship Ceremony is scheduled for January 6.

All the statuses for our child still say "In Progress."

My understanding is that kids under 14 don't need to attend the oath, correct?

Will they automatically be granted citizenship after my partner and I take our oath?
Hi... I am in the similar situation now. Can you please let me know if your child was automatically granted citizenship after your oath was taken? And the status changes to complete after that?
My child's status still says " In Progress" whereas ours is marked all complete.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Everything (except oath) completed on Dec 13th, still no oath update on the tracker nor invitation
Have you tried contacting them via the email address through which you received your test invite to ask about the Oath. In the past it has worked for many people.

guitarman

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Hi... I am in the similar situation now. Can you please let me know if your child was automatically granted citizenship after your oath was taken? And the status changes to complete after that?
My child's status still says " In Progress" whereas ours is marked all complete.
Yes. Their application in the online tracker said "not started" for just about everything, while my partner's was updated to complete for almost everything.

Yesterday, a week after our oath, their online tracker (along with mine and my partners) were all updated to complete, saying that they are now a citizen.

How long has it been for your child's application since your oath?

Note that we received our certificates on Wednesday, just a few days after our oath. At that point, I think our status still hadn't updated fully. I believe that didn't happen until yesterday, though the tracker says January 11.

qua

Feb 27, 2019
Jul 04, 2022 Application filed -- Online -- Montreal -- Single
Nov 30 2022 Citizenship test moved to In progress
Dec 02 2022 Scheduled start date for citizenship test
Dec 05, 2022 Background verification Completed
Dec 09 2022 Appeared for citizenship test
Dec 15 2022 Citizenship test pass
Jan 12, 2023 Language , Prohibitions, Physical presence Completed
Citizenship Ceremony -- > Not Started

SiaRia

Star Member
Dec 9, 2022
Jul 04, 2022 Application filed -- Online -- Montreal -- Single
Nov 30 2022 Citizenship test moved to In progress
Dec 02 2022 Scheduled start date for citizenship test
Dec 05, 2022 Background verification Completed
Dec 09 2022 Appeared for citizenship test
Dec 15 2022 Citizenship test pass
Congrats! I takes almost a month after the test has been completed for the Language , Prohibitions, Physical presence to get completed?
I have seen for some people it takes a month or two, and for some, it takes a few days.

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Have you tried contacting them via the email address through which you received your test invite to ask about the Oath. In the past it has worked for many people.
No, the email says "This mailbox should only be used to provide documentation related to a citizenship application or to provide a reasonable explanation for missing or beingunable to attend a scheduled event (with documentary evidence).". I was hesitated to send a message to them to ask. But I guess I should try anyway, if that helps

Hammad316

Jul 27, 2017
update:
AOR: July 19
BG Complete: Sep 16
Update:
Jul 19, 2022 Application filed -- Paper -- Oakville -- Family of four
AOR: July 19
BG Complete: Sep 16
Test Invite: 31st Dec, (Jan 6-26 window)
Appeared for citizenship test : 15th Jan (waiting to be updated on portal)

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
No, the email says "This mailbox should only be used to provide documentation related to a citizenship application or to provide a reasonable explanation for missing or beingunable to attend a scheduled event (with documentary evidence).". I was hesitated to send a message to them to ask. But I guess I should try anyway, if that helps
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2021-citizenship-applicants.751276/post-10327121

In the above post I have shared instances where it worked.

Reactions: ycheng

Zain395

Jan 16, 2023
Hi,

I submitted my App 1 day after you online. I gave test on 17 dec and updated on 22 dec, I got a similar update as yours dt 12 Jan reflecting on 14 jan.

My app is showing in progress and oath not started.

Is your app status now DECISION MADE and did you get the date for oath ?

Thanks

Got an update today..

Jul 01, 2022 Application filed -- Online -- Montreal -- Single
Nov 30, 2022 Background verification Completed
Nov 30, 2022 Citizenship test moved to In progress
Dec 09 2022 Scheduled start date for citizenship test
Dec 12 2022 Appeared for citizenship test
Dec 16 2022 Citizenship test pass

manhattan27

Dec 9, 2017
Hi,

I submitted my App 1 day after you online. I gave test on 17 dec and updated on 22 dec, I got a similar update as yours dt 12 Jan reflecting on 14 jan.

My app is showing in progress and oath not started.

Thanks
-->Nope.. Auth Ceremony not started. Ii might be few more weeks.

EAdahlia

Jul 10, 2022
The last update I had on my account was background check completed on November 30th. Should I try to reach out to IRCC? Or just wait? Anyone else in a similar situation?

Keets45

May 14, 2018
Yes. Their application in the online tracker said "not started" for just about everything, while my partner's was updated to complete for almost everything.

Yesterday, a week after our oath, their online tracker (along with mine and my partners) were all updated to complete, saying that they are now a citizen.

How long has it been for your child's application since your oath?

Note that we received our certificates on Wednesday, just a few days after our oath. At that point, I think our status still hadn't updated fully. I believe that didn't happen until yesterday, though the tracker says January 11.
Thank you for the reply. We have still not been invited for oath ceremony. Oath ceremony status currently says Not started , all others are set to complete . We are expecting to get the dates soon.