+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Citizenship Applications

qua

Feb 27, 2019
I would also appreciate to hear from others regarding how their recent online test went and any suggestions on preparation.
Thank you
The content is purely based on the official guide "Discover Canada." You can easily google for practice tests, flash cards and such.

Other tips:
  • It helps to take notes or draw a timeline to keep the dates and events in your head.
  • Ask a friend or family member to quiz you.
  • Don't ignore the pictures in the guide.

Dimes

Jan 7, 2015
The content is purely based on the official guide "Discover Canada." You can easily google for practice tests, flash cards and such.

Other tips:
  • It helps to take notes or draw a timeline to keep the dates and events in your head.
  • Ask a friend or family member to quiz you.
  • Don't ignore the pictures in the guide.
Thank you for the suggestions and your time :)

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I would also appreciate to hear from others regarding how their recent online test went and any suggestions on preparation.
Thank you
Mine was quite simple, and I got 20/20. I just read through Discover Canada once, and did lots of mock questions online. I had no question about the years of a given event. I guess that saved me

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Only Language is marked complete for my app on 11/1, no change in my partner or child's apps.
was asked for passport copies on Nov 5, sent them via email on Nov 8.

Please update tracker: prohibitions, presence updated to complete on Nov 10, partner’s app also has language, prohibitions, presence marked complete on NoV 10, but all these were visible in tracker only on Dec 16.

I had seen DM in ecas on Nov-14

child's app, everything in progress except Oath. Ghost update on Dec 16.

mohdt

May 22, 2022
Hi,
I'm currently amidst the citizenship process and would like to travel out of canada to visit family. I would be travelling for a period of 30days. Is it really necessary to inform IRCC about my travel? What happens if we don't inform? Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

sm999

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Single applicant (Online)
Application submitted: July 13, 2022
AOR Received: July 18, 2022
GU: 6th Dec 2022
Background completed: Dec 6th
Test Invite: Dec 7th
Test window: Between Dec 16 and Jan 5
Test Done: Dec 17th

Reactions: Sandra84 and sri88

Dimes

Jan 7, 2015
Mine was quite simple, and I got 20/20. I just read through Discover Canada once, and did lots of mock questions online. I had no question about the years of a given event. I guess that saved me
Thank you for your input

qua

Feb 27, 2019
Hi,
I'm currently amidst the citizenship process and would like to travel out of canada to visit family. I would be travelling for a period of 30days. Is it really necessary to inform IRCC about my travel? What happens if we don't inform? Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I had similar questions when I had to travel back in September. The IRCC website does ask you to inform them (Google for the after applying in the citizenship section). So I submitted the web form and they didn't acknowledge it for weeks.

Anyway, it takes way less time to do it (literally a couple of minutes) than worrying/wondering if we should do it.

Reactions: mohdt

damd

Nov 6, 2013
I applied July 19 (online)
Vancouver BC
Never received any kind of update or AOR
Received invitation to write my test December 17. The window they gave me is December 19 - January 8.
I'll wait until January 7 to write the test.

leoamb

Star Member
Nov 19, 2022
was asked for passport copies on Nov 5, sent them via email on Nov 8.

Please update tracker: prohibitions, presence updated to complete on Nov 10, partner’s app also has language, prohibitions, presence marked complete on NoV 10, but all these were visible in tracker only on Dec 16.

I had seen DM in ecas on Nov-14

child's app, everything in progress except Oath. Ghost update on Dec 16.
Hello, in regard to your returned application, the reason is child's address proof was missing, may I know what document we have to send to IRCC for child address proof ? thanks.