+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Citizenship Applications

Venki7

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
My wife got a notification to take test on Oct 14th and after the recent update to the site the tracker worked for few days but now the tracker is not loading and just stays Loading.. and is happening for few days now

iceman55

May 1, 2022
My wife got a notification to take test on Oct 14th and after the recent update to the site the tracker worked for few days but now the tracker is not loading and just stays Loading.. and is happening for few days now
Was she able to complete the test?

If the test invite message had already disappeared, is she able to login to the test website?

Venki7

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Was she able to complete the test?

If the test invite message had already disappeared, is she able to login to the test website?
She will be attempting the test tomorrow, the notification was there but now the tracker itself does not load.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
She will be attempting the test tomorrow, the notification was there but now the tracker itself does not load.
Interesting. The exact issue you're describing (stuck in the Loading page) appears to happen for folks who have received an oath invite and it goes away after the ceremony iirc. Since your wife has yet to attempt the test, it can't be the oath invite, I'm wondering if other issues can also cause this "Loading" problem.

Venki7

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Interesting. The exact issue you're describing (stuck in the Loading page) appears to happen for folks who have received an oath invite and it goes away after the ceremony iirc. Since your wife has yet to attempt the test, it can't be the oath invite, I'm wondering if other issues can also cause this "Loading" problem.
One more observation is that after Oct 7 site update I see an entry for my wife's account in ECAS (not citizenship tracker) that they sent a notice/mail to take the citizenship test. For my application I dont see any such entry in ECAS other than the latest line that "we started processing your application" updating ECAS about test notification is a change they made recently

iceman55

May 1, 2022
One more observation is that after Oct 7 site update I see an entry for my wife's account in ECAS (not citizenship tracker) that they sent a notice/mail to take the citizenship test. For my application I dont see any such entry in ECAS other than the latest line that "we started processing your application" updating ECAS about test notification is a change they made recently
That happens soemtimes. For some people ecas has some updates, for others only the new tracker changes and ecas stays at "we began processing..". Even during DM, some people get it first on ecas but not always.

That could be why the test notification disappeared but probably doesn't explain the Loading issue.

Reactions: Venki7

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Of course you can ask them to see what's going on.
LOL, they replied my email in just 3 minutes with the content below, is that auto reply or template reply...

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your application is in queue to be scheduled for the next event in due course. When you are scheduled for this event, you will be contacted by the local Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Please note this email inbox does not provide future event dates. You are encouraged to routinely check your e-mail for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, ceremony or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca

Citizenship Team

iceman55

May 1, 2022
LOL, they replied my email in just 3 minutes with the content below, is that auto reply or template reply...

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your application is in queue to be scheduled for the next event in due course. When you are scheduled for this event, you will be contacted by the local Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Please note this email inbox does not provide future event dates. You are encouraged to routinely check your e-mail for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, ceremony or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca

Citizenship Team
lol I think they're getting a lot of email inquiries these days. Probably they've set up autoresponder or every morning they sign in and copy and paste the same response to all emails without reading.

May be you can call the phone support.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2021-citizenship-applicants.733273/post-10152217

Mornings seem to be better if you're in Ontario but you should still get thru within 10 or tries.
Sometimes they'll tell "you'll receive a communication from the office" which probably means there's a technical issue or ID picture issue but most of the time they also tell you to wait.

Someone from GTA got their test update today after 10 days so it's still very much possible you test is fine but you can call if you want to check.

Sep 21, 2022
UPDATE:

Citizenship Test Completed

Timeline below:

Citizenship Application: Paper Based, (Family of 3)
Document sent via (UPS): 13 July, 2022
(Sydney Office) Received : 15 July, 2022
AOR: 18 July, 2022
Ghost Update : 19 sept, 2022

Background verification (completed ) : 20 Sept, 2022
Background verification status has been updated to Completed

Ghost Update : 11 Oct, 2022

Language skills : In Progress

Physical presence : In Progress

Prohibitions : In Progress

Citizenship test : Not started >> In Progress Invited to take the citizenship test (12 Oct, 2022) >> Test Completed (24 Oct, 2022)
Took the test (19/20) using APNA online practice test and Discover Canada Book

Citizenship ceremony : Not started

Goodluck to everyone who's taking their citizenship test soon!

Waiting for the next step which I think it'll be the Oath taking ceremony.

YANmexicana

Aug 27, 2017
Category........
FSW
Can we apply new Canadian passport abroad after getting the citizenship certificate after oath ceremony or we have to get first passport from within Canada. Is there any restriction? After oath ceremony one will cut PR card and receives citizenship certificate and then one can apply later on from abroad the first Canadian passport. Is that possible or there is any restriction on getting passport from abroad?
Response is appreciated.
Following because I would like to know this information. I am in a situation where i would like to issue my first passport abroad.

Reactions: oxmanca

Tammy1985

Star Member
Jul 22, 2022
Did you try to clear cookies and history?