+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Citizenship Applications

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
What I see is they are working on June and July AORs , but the hurricane Fiona will result in delays, it battered Nova Scotia.

Tatheer Zehra

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
26-04-2017
Citizenship Application: Paper Based, (Family of 5)
Document sent via (UPS): 24 July, 2022
(Sydney Office) Received : 29 July, 2022
Days in Canada: 1300
AOR : August 5
Toronto

Kabony118

Sep 28, 2022
Hi All

Silly question
My application was recieved on July 4th .
But i am not sure if i got an AOR or not .
How do i know ?

The tracker says updated 6th of july

Language skill - in progress
Physical Presence - in Progress
Background verification -in progress
Prohibitations- in progress
Citizenship test- Not started
Citizenship Ceremony- Not started.

Does this mean i am on AOR or i am still no where ? :D

Thanks for the help

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Hi All

Silly question
How do i know ?

Thanks for the help
You must have received AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) with an application number that allowed you to log on the online tracker no?

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hi Guys, Quick question - My application status updated to 'Citizenship test scheduled between sep29 - oct 19' but I dont have any instructions on how to choose the test slot. When can i expect it? Is it via email?
This is online test from your home computer. You can give it at any hour of the day or night. No slots to choose.
You will get email instructions on which portal to go to for giving the test and that no cheating etc etc.

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
Hi All

Silly question
How do i know ?

Thanks for the help

Did you add an email address on your paper application ? I know it’s a silly question

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Folks! Posting for the first time.Here is my timeline, if it helps anyone:

Applicants: family of 3
Application submitted: May 11th, returned because child's address proof was missing.
Application Re-Submitted : July 3
Application Delivered : July 8
Application Type: Paper
City: Vancouver, BC
Days in Canada :-1150
AOR: July 17
Application in Progress: July 20
BG Completed: Aug 17
Test Invite: Sep 12
Test Taken: Sep 23
Test Complete: Sep 27
Language, Prohibitions, Presence: In Progress

Reactions: aldzel20171404

qua

Feb 27, 2019
Hello. I received an email yesterday stating "We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office."
I don't see any changes on my application tracker. Is this what people refer to as ghost update? Or is it just a matter of a lag between the email and the tracker update?

Does anyone know what stage this is? Do people whose background check was completed receive emails like this?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello. I received an email yesterday stating "We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office."
I don't see any changes on my application tracker. Is this what people refer to as ghost update? Or is it just a matter of a lag between the email and the tracker update?

Does anyone know what stage this is? Do people whose background check was completed receive emails like this?
Did u raise a webform? Ghost Update is just change in the date when you login to tracker, without any change in the status. Background check completion does not result in an email. It's only Test and Oath for which you receive email.

marineking

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Sorry if this has been asked before but: does anybody got scheduled for online test but got no invitation yet? I will contact them, but just wondering if it's a common issue

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Sorry if this has been asked before but: does anybody got scheduled for online test but got no invitation yet? I will contact them, but just wondering if it's a common issue
What is your test start date? Generally email is received a 1 week or 2-3 days before your test too.

qua

Feb 27, 2019
Did u raise a webform? Ghost Update is just change in the date when you login to tracker, without any change in the status. Background check completion does not result in an email. It's only Test and Oath for which you receive email.
I didn't inquire about the status of my application via the web form. I did however notify them of my 2+ week travel outside Canada (for which I received a generic email response). So I am curious what this email means since my application had been in progress for the various checks since July.

Does anyone know if the background check starts before or after the application is sent to a specific office?

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Reactions: marineking

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I didn't inquire about the status of my application via the web form. I did however notify them of my 2+ week travel outside Canada (for which I received a generic email response). So I am curious what this email means since my application had been in progress for the various checks since July.

Does anyone know if the background check starts before or after the application is sent to a specific office?
The email might be in response to your webform.