+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Citizenship Applications

Tammy1985

Star Member
Jul 22, 2022
Leaving Canada after you submit your application
You can leave Canada after we receive your application as long as you:

• keep your permanent resident (PR) status
  • can receive any letter mail, parcels and emails we send you after you submit your application
  • can reply to our letters and emails within the specified time, usually within 30 days
  • are available in person in Canada to attend your citizenship test (if you’re between 18 and 54 years of age), interview, and ceremony
Let us know if you plan to leave Canada for more than two weeks in a row.

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
How do we know which office is processing our application ?
I submitted my paper application (family) which was delivered on June 23. However, it was returned as incomplete (minor's identity document). I have now rectified and resubmitted the same which was delivered on July 25th. Can someone guide as to how does one get an AOR on a paper based application? Is it via email, also would each one of us (me, my wife, our minor child) get a separate email for the AOR?

Thank you!

From what I know, files are sent to your local office - whatever closest IRCC office you have near your home ( the address you provided on application )

Tammy1985

Star Member
Jul 22, 2022
From what I know, files are sent to your local office - whatever closest IRCC office you have near your home ( the address you provided on application )
I am in NS so it would be Sydney then. Lot of people goes to Quebec then to BC who are in Ontario, I doubt this is the case

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Leaving Canada after you submit your application
You can leave Canada after we receive your application as long as you:

• keep your permanent resident (PR) status
  • can receive any letter mail, parcels and emails we send you after you submit your application
  • can reply to our letters and emails within the specified time, usually within 30 days
  • are available in person in Canada to attend your citizenship test (if you’re between 18 and 54 years of age), interview, and ceremony
Let us know if you plan to leave Canada for more than two weeks in a row.
The time they take to respond to web-form these days, you will be back in Canada by the time they acknowledge your absence :) Don't know how much useful it is to inform them.

Tammy1985

Star Member
Jul 22, 2022
The time they take to respond to web-form these days, you will be back in Canada by the time they acknowledge your absence :) Don't know how much useful it is to inform them.
Regardless, they have clearly mentioned to inform them if you are leaving Canada for more than 2 weeks after submitting your application, It is always good to follow rules.

GTAIndian

Jul 24, 2022
Application submission Date(Sent) :- July 29 2022
Application type (paper based/ Online) : Paper
City:- Whitby ON
Days in Canada:-1,099
AOR: Not Yet

Please update the tracker

golakersri23

Oct 16, 2018
Application submission Date(Sent) :- July 29 2022
Application type (paper based/ Online) : Online
City:- Oshawa ON
Days in Canada:-1,196
AOR: Not Yet

sayHello

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Hi I have sent paper based family application . it has been delivered today. but delivery tracking shows following :

SHIPPING DOCK of CASE PROCESSING CENTER PR CARD 49 DORCHESTER ST, B1P5Z2 .

Is it normal ? or delivered at wrong place ?

Reactions: moreno4759

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Application submission Date :- 2022-7-29
Application type (paper based/ Online) :- Online
City:-Ottawa
Days in Canada:- 1130
AOR:- Not yet

Tammy1985

Star Member
Jul 22, 2022
not anymore, you don’t need to inform CIC anymore…

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=911&top=5
Sorry same website says you are suppose to inform if you are leaving Canada for more than 2 weeks, the link you forwarded only answers a question if some one can leave canada after the application is submitted, they confirmed yes and asked candidate to maintain PR status, but they also have mentioned clearly on after you apply section to inform them if you are leaving country more than 2 weeks

Flourpower

May 19, 2022
Sorry same website says you are suppose to inform if you are leaving Canada for more than 2 weeks, the link you forwarded only answers a question if some one can leave canada after the application is submitted, they confirmed yes and asked candidate to maintain PR status, but they also have mentioned clearly on after you apply section to inform them if you are leaving country more than 2 weeks
Should we use the webform to let them know? I haven't tried it but I assume you can't change the address online to something outside of Canada? I am visiting family for an extended stay of a few months and just keeping a mailbox at the UPS store.

Zulaikha

Nov 16, 2018
Visa Office......
LVO
File Transfer...
20-April-2018
Med's Request
20-March-2018
Med's Done....
28-March-2018
Passport Req..
08-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2019
LANDED..........
14-02-2019
Hi All Sarting a new thread for JULY 2022 citizenship applicants. Lets keep track of progress together.

Please post your timeline

Application submission Date :- 28th July 2022
Application type (paper based/ Online) :- Paper
City:- Brampton
Days in Canada:- 1133
AOR:- Not yet