+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Citizenship Applications

gdp79

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Mostly in next batch you should get invite for oath
Thanks - could this also mean I also need to be interviewed. I read somewhere that the interview was about "why I was gone for a long time". In my case I was gone in Canada for a long time but not too long that it forfeits my PR renewal.

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Thanks - could this also mean I also need to be interviewed. I read somewhere that the interview was about "why I was gone for a long time". In my case I was gone in Canada for a long time but not too long that it forfeits my PR renewal.
Most likely no interview at this stage. AFAIK Online applicants do not get a decision-made status on the application, the oath goes to "in process" and then the application goes to "complete". I'm also waiting for the oath my LPP was done on 8th Feb. It can take 3-6 weeks to get the oath invite depending on the office.

Reactions: gdp79 and ycheng

sissi1209

Feb 24, 2023
My Language, Prohibitions, Physical presence are all complete as of Feb 20.

However, I didn't get a 'Decision Made' which I understand is a day or two.

What could this mean?
I’m I the same case. L.P.P all completed on Feb 17th But no decision made since.

sissi1209

Feb 24, 2023
Most likely no interview at this stage. AFAIK Online applicants do not get a decision-made status on the application, the oath goes to "in process" and then the application goes to "complete". I'm also waiting for the oath my LPP was done on 8th Feb. It can take 3-6 weeks to get the oath invite depending on the office.
L.P.P completed on Feb 17th but no decision made. I just have emergency back home. I’ll travel next week for 4 weeks.

Hammad316

Jul 27, 2017
Update

Paper based- family of 4.
AOR - July 19 2022
BG completed - Sep 16 2022
Citizenship test completed - Jan 16 2023
Decision Made on ECAS 7 Feb 2023
Physical presence, Language and Prohibitions- completed 8th Feb
Citizenship ceremony- in-progress 24 Feb- tracker updated today
Oath invite for March 14th 2023

Sahmi

Jan 6, 2023
Application history

Application Type: Online/Single

Application sent: July 4, 2022

AOR: Jul 8, 2022

Background verification Completed: Dec 5, 2022

Citizenship test Invite: Dec 9, 2022

Citizenship test Taken: Dec 16, 2022

Citizenship test Completed: Dec 21, 2022

I known my application process is normal but they haven't updated my tracker since Dec 23 should I contact or is it normal not to update that long?

:

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Application history

Application Type: Online/Single

Application sent: July 4, 2022

AOR: Jul 8, 2022

Background verification Completed: Dec 5, 2022

Citizenship test Invite: Dec 9, 2022

Citizenship test Taken: Dec 16, 2022

Citizenship test Completed: Dec 21, 2022

I known my application process is normal but they haven't updated my tracker since Dec 23 should I contact or is it normal not to update that long?

:
I finished my test on Dec 16, and had everything completed (except oath) on Dec 22. So our timelines are similar. I was just scheduled to the oath in March. I have contacted them several times. I would say if you are really in a rush, try to get in touch with them. The oath scheduling is the duty of the local office, so it is more effective if you can reach out to them directly (for example, sending an email to the mailbox that notified you for the test).

Sahmi

Jan 6, 2023
I finished my test on Dec 16, and had everything completed (except oath) on Dec 22. So our timelines are similar. I was just scheduled to the oath in March. I have contacted them several times. I would say if you are really in a rush, try to get in touch with them. The oath scheduling is the duty of the local office, so it is more effective if you can reach out to them directly (for example, sending an email to the mailbox that notified you for the test).
Yeah I'm not in rush just wondering why they don't updated, at least ghost update. I have seen some people got stuck with out been updating and when they called IRRC was told them that they have been scheduled for the OATH.

leoamb

Star Member
Nov 19, 2022
I tried to send an inquiry email to the mailbox that notified me for the test, but what they replied is as below. Any idea if there is specific responsible unit for scheduling oath ?

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your enquiry has been forwarded to the responsible unit for their review, you will be contacted with the next steps.

Please note this email inbox does not provide future event dates. You are encouraged to routinely check your e-mail for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, ceremony or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I tried to send an inquiry email to the mailbox that notified me for the test, but what they replied is as below. Any idea if there is specific responsible unit for scheduling oath ?

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your enquiry has been forwarded to the responsible unit for their review, you will be contacted with the next steps.

Please note this email inbox does not provide future event dates. You are encouraged to routinely check your e-mail for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, ceremony or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca
I got the same reply too. However, I told them "I was instructed by IRCC call centre to contact you through this email". They gave me a human response (rather than automated email reply) saying this email does not handle my request for oath. After a week, they emailed me again asking about my trip schedule. So in conclusion, you are definitely at the right spot, but for some reason they choose not to process your request.

leoamb

Star Member
Nov 19, 2022
I got the same reply too. However, I told them "I was instructed by IRCC call centre to contact you through this email". They gave me a human response (rather than automated email reply) saying this email does not handle my request for oath. After a week, they emailed me again asking about my trip schedule. So in conclusion, you are definitely at the right spot, but for some reason they choose not to process your request.
so after a week, the same email address (notification for your online test) ask your travel schedule and update you oath date ?