+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Toniato

Mar 19, 2021
Hey everyone does anyone know how long it takes to receive PPR after pre arrival Ik it’s different for everyone but any estimated time especially from Ghana visa office?

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
What format does the COPR come in? email? mail?
Not quite sure but I think, email is for inland applicant within Canada. And outland applicant they are physical documents as they are required on arrival to Canada so normally by mail.

I only don't know if it is mailed to you by courier service or comes with the passport together. But surely not by email if you are an outland applicant.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Not quite sure but I think, email is for inland applicant within Canada. And outland applicant they are physical documents as they are required on arrival to Canada so normally by mail.

I only don't know if it is mailed to you by courier service or comes with the passport together. But surely not by email if you are an outland applicant.
Basically correct but an outland applicant who is in Canada when the approval is made (assuming IRCC knows the applicant in Canada) may do 'virtual landing' and get COPR by email/internet as well. Note the COPR received in that case is 'complete', it is the main document showing the applicant is now a PR until the PR card is issued and received.

For those receiving passport request while abroad - they will get physical COPR mainly by submitting through the visa application centres (in some cases by mailing direct to embassy/high commission), and get it back by courier/post/pickup depending on practice in that location. (I think almost all visa application centres not allowing physical submission/pickup right now, but there may be exceptions)

Applicants who need visas will submit their passports at the same time, those who don't need visas - photocopies (typically) of the passport tombstone pages and photos, etc.

Note - those who get the COPR abroad need to present it at border when arriving ('landing') - it gets stamped and signed etc and then the applicant is a PR (stamped copr is the document showing PR status until PR card received).

(These comments are not a guide - FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS WHEN YOU GET APPROVAL LETTER or passport request. They vary by country and specifics of case, even if mostly similar all over)

Reactions: Dimilitantey

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
For those receiving passport request while abroad - they will get physical COPR mainly by submitting through the visa application centres (in some cases by mailing direct to embassy/high commission), and get it back by courier/post/pickup depending on practice in that location. (I think almost all visa application centres not allowing physical submission/pickup right now, but there may be exceptions)

Applicants who need visas will submit their passports at the same time, those who don't need visas - photocopies (typically) of the passport tombstone pages and photos, etc.
Wow good to know, i guess I knew only the basics. Nice one. But please when you say via, courier, mail, post does it come together with passport after being stamped or it comes before or after?

Just to know when to expect it, or rather just relax submit passport knowing it would be returned together with passport. I didn't get this answer well.

At the stage I am, just wana be prepared for anything. As in shouldn't t be expecting the COPR on its own.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Wow good to know, i guess I knew only the basics. Nice one. But please when you say via, courier, mail, post does it come together with passport after being stamped or it comes before or after?

Just to know when to expect it, or rather just relax submit passport knowing it would be returned together with passport. I didn't get this answer well.

At the stage I am, just wana be prepared for anything. As in shouldn't t be expecting the COPR on its own.
Yes, the COPR is returned together with the passport and visa (if not from a visa waiver country). I presume if from a visa waiver country just the COPR and whatever other odds and ends (some information and a spare photo, I think).

Reactions: Dimilitantey

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Yes, the COPR is returned together with the passport and visa (if not from a visa waiver country). I presume if from a visa waiver country just the COPR and whatever other odds and ends (some information and a spare photo, I think).
Roger that, that's clear. Then once I get it in the future no stressing. Thanks again.

Reactions: armoured