+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
What
I have no update since AOR1 in January (5 months since AOR1 without BIL or Med Request or SA) . File received July 16th 2020. I contacted my local MP office and got this response:

• The application was received at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney (CIO), Nova Scotia, on July 16, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements has not been initiated.
  • The responsible office has not begun reviewing the application and documents submitted in order to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) has met the eligibility requirements.
  • The medical examination results have not been requested for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are in process.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
Is anyone else in same boat as me?

Seems like IRCC DOES need a Job/Employment from the person sponsoring someone. People who do not have this, are not getting SA.

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
What

Seems like IRCC DOES need a Job/Employment from the person sponsoring someone. People who do not have this, are not getting SA.

You are right. I started working 2 weeks after sending my file and since then have updated IRCC with pay stubs and my T4 as well… I thought i was saving time sending my
application asap, i could have saved much more frustration waiting I guess… although according to GCMS notes their social assistance check already yielded no results (dated February 2021) so 4 months since then as well. they have just not opened my file since.

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
You are right. I started working 2 weeks after sending my file and since then have updated IRCC with pay stubs and my T4 as well… I thought i was saving time sending my
application asap, i could have saved much more frustration waiting I guess… although according to GCMS notes their social assistance check already yielded no results (dated February 2021) so 4 months since then as well. they have just not opened my file since.
I am in a similar situation. I showed IRCC income proof from part time work. Will now have to send them additional documents. They are NOT transparent on their website. They should put it there that a JOB is required to sponsor.

Dreamer_2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
I think it's either having a regular job or having enough funds, because when I submited my application I didn't have a job, but had funds and attached my bank account report. And i passed SA in Dec 2020.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hey babydoll what a journey we have been on. I have been seeing on the google doc spreadsheet our timelines have been very similar also received PPR yesterday. Congrats to you and your spouse.
Thank you and congratulations to you too. And yes it has been quite a journey. Just glad that the end is in sight. Did you receive an Appendix A on your PPR asking for updated information? I got one but am unsure if I need to fill in details for spouse/partner or just myself (PA). Are you with LVO as well??

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hey babydoll what a journey we have been on. I have been seeing on the google doc spreadsheet our timelines have been very similar also received PPR yesterday. Congrats to you and your spouse.
Hi did you get Appendix A asking for additional information. If so do you add your spouse/partner or just yourself (PA) also are you a visa exempt national or do you require a visa. Just need to know where I need to send my photos for COPR.