+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Obviously no guarantees, but I think that's unusual for eg UK applicants.
You mean you think as we've been married 20+, no kids and have some capital, in your experience, though it took them 7 months to pick up, they'll be speedy at processing us as it's a 'simple' case? I've heard the London Visa Office is super slow.....

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You mean you think as we've been married 20+, no kids and have some capital, in your experience, though it took them 7 months to pick up, they'll be speedy at processing us as it's a 'simple' case? I've heard the London Visa Office is super slow.....
Your seven month gap was right in the midst of covid, so yes, I think should be faster. (Not sure that 'faster' meets your definition of speedy, but hopefully well within the 12 month validity of your medicals.)

I think the reputation of London visa office in this regard is highly influenced by fact that it also covers very difficult countries (Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc). And anyway, if your spouse has a UK passport, can depart for Canada tomorrow on an ETA and complete the process there.

Last edited:

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
We might look into the feasibility of that for the closest medical place to biometrics, but may be hard to juggle. We shall see.
Hi. There is a panel physician a few stops from the biometrics place on the central line. It's called visa medicals and I think that you get off at Bond Street station and it's about a 5-10 minute walk from there. When I checked with them they had good appointment availability. That is of course if you want to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Reactions: LotusLeodis

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hi. There is a panel physician a few stops from the biometrics place on the central line. It's called visa medicals and I think that you get off at Bond Street station and it's about a 5-10 minute walk from there. When I checked with them they had good appointment availability. That is of course if you want to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
That's exactly what I am look at right now!

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Your seven month gap was right in the midst of covid, so yes, I think should be faster. (Not sure that 'faster' meets your definition of speedy, but hopefully well within the 12 month validity of your medicals.)

I think the reputation of London visa office in this regard is highly influenced by fact that it also covers very difficult countries (Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc). And anyway, if your spouse has a UK passport, can depart for Canada tomorrow on an ETA and complete the process there.
It sounds like, in your experience, we might be good to go by July 2020? Even if it goes to London VO?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It sounds like, in your experience, we might be good to go by July 2020? Even if it goes to London VO?
I am not saying that or giving specific date guesses. You said you were concerned you'd have to do the medical again if you do them now. I think it's a reasonable guess that your file will be complete before 12 months from now.

But again, you are both 'good to go' to Canada tomorrow if you wish on ETA.

Reactions: LotusLeodis

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I am not saying that or giving specific date guesses. You said you were concerned you'd have to do the medical again if you do them now. I think it's a reasonable guess that your file will be complete before 12 months from now.

But again, you are both 'good to go' to Canada tomorrow if you wish on ETA.
Ah, you mean by a year.

Syan24

Apr 15, 2019
Hi anyone have any ides how ircc transfer the file from one VO to other because mine has been transferred to Ottawa since 21 jan and on ecas its still showing in process

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi anyone have any ides how ircc transfer the file from one VO to other because mine has been transferred to Ottawa since 21 jan and on ecas its still showing in process
For all transfers, it's not a scanning system of 'arrived'. It changes in the system not when physically received but when registered and possibly assigned to a task. It doesn't mean it's lost in the post, metaphorically in a mail room unopened.

micomics

Apr 5, 2019
Guys, please advise. I'm still waiting for SA, MED, BIL. I feel that our application has been left without anyone looking at it. Here's my timeline:
July 13 - received mail
Dec 22 - AOR1
as of today: nothing
we are outland.
tried calling and webform. anything we can do besides waiting?