+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Having some issues logging into GKEY today as well but once I got it there was a Medical Request waiting (Dated Feb 15, 2021). There was no emails notification for this.
Hi. Congratulations on receiving your MR. As to you not receiving any emails about it that is rather strange. Did you check the box on your application for ircc to communicate with you via email? If you did then they should send you emails. Also you could try checking your profile page on your GCkey account and see if you have checked the box for emails. I have a CIC account which my application is linked to and each time there is an update on my application I get a notification via email to check my account. Granted I have only received 2 emails the first informing me that my application was linked successfully and the second to inform me that there was an update to my application which turned out to be my BIL. You could try checking your settings. Hope this helps. :)

Reactions: Tintin1984

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
I hope you get AOR soon. It feels a little unfair that people that have applied later are getting AOR so quickly.
Hi. Just a quick question. Have you received your MR yet? I was just wondering how long after BIL do they request MR or is there just no method to the madness? Everything seems so arse about face at the moment. :-(

JaykumarM

Jun 13, 2020
Hello Friends,

Happy to inform here that my wife (Principal Applicant) have received Biometrics request as well as Medical in last few days.

I was expecting biometric request soon but not medical request this early.

I have tried soo many times to link her application to my CIC account with multiple combinations but it has failed all the time. I have tried to call CIC customer service but have not been able to reach to an agent to speak to. Any suggestion here to get the application linked successfully?

Automated system at CIC care, tells me.about the status of application as: "we are processing your background check". Can someone let me.lnow what does that exactly mean?

Below is our timeline:
1. Application received: 17 July 2020
2. AOR1: 22 December 2020
3. Biometrics request: 13 February 2021
4. Medical request: 17 February 2021

Reactions: Babydoll2305

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Hello Friends,

Happy to inform here that my wife (Principal Applicant) have received Biometrics request as well as Medical in last few days.

I have tried soo many times to link her application to my CIC account with multiple combinations but it has failed all the time. I have tried to call CIC customer service but have not been able to reach to an agent to speak to. Any suggestion here to get the application linked successfully?

Automated system at CIC care, tells me.about the status of application as: "we are processing your background check". Can someone let me.lnow what does that exactly mean?

Below is our timeline:
Processing your background check likely means your SA check. Having got bil amd medical request likely SA email will come next few days.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hello Friends,

Below is our timeline:
Hi. Congratulations on getting all your requests in so close together. When you log into your CIC account you need to press on the link that says link paper application. You need to enter the details exactly as you did on your application form. Names Surnames provine where you are going to live and the question that asks how many people are on the application you need to put in a figure so if it is just your wife with no dependants then you need to put 2( Sponsor and PA) if there are dependants then you need to put 2+ however many dependants are on the application. Hope you have success. You need to be very careful when trying to link the application because even an extra space between names that is not on the original application will cause the link to fail.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Unfortunately, it has been happening since they got back from the first lockdown. Some people from March are getting AOR only now... Some from July got it in November. The good side is most people are getting a lot at stuff at the same time AOR, BIL, SA, MED, all In the same week or so
Mr LL has now had his BIL! I guess that means we have AOR1, even though I have had nothing.

I have been able to do ECAS and link GC Key, though.

Now to book the biometrics appointment.

Last edited:

faithandhope

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Why is there no AOR yet for me I had my documents received on 24 July and most of the July applicants are getting medical request now

faithandhope

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
But there is no logic behind random file selection and there is no way we can appeal . They just have a lame anbthat my file is a prospective file waiting to be picked up for completeness

The Mississauga ircc office is hardly 500 metres from my place I wonder if I can walk in and ask them about my file status.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
But there is no logic behind random file selection and there is no way we can appeal . They just have a lame anbthat my file is a prospective file waiting to be picked up for completeness

The Mississauga ircc office is hardly 500 metres from my place I wonder if I can walk in and ask them about my file status.
That's better than me : o ) As we are both outland, I can't even call.

I do not understand how they prioritise work in the slightest.

I did get lucky with ECAS and GCKey straight away - not a single hiccup there. Booking biometrics on the other hand, well it seems we cannot even create an online account.

Tintin1984

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Hi. Just a quick question. Have you received your MR yet? I was just wondering how long after BIL do they request MR or is there just no method to the madness? Everything seems so arse about face at the moment. :-(
hi, no I’ve not received my Medical yet. I wish I had! I assume you haven’t either?

it all seems so random!