+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Navreet073

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Not yet, my file moved to Ottawa On Nov25. What is your status in ECAS under Permanent Residence Status section? Application received or in progress? My status show as “Application Received”
Mine also sent to ottawa on 25nov
My status is In progress on ecas
Start processing from 15Dec

Syan24

Apr 15, 2019
Any one got AOR, file received on 20th july
PA from india ??
I called cic today and agent told me that file is under review

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Any one got AOR, file received on 20th july
PA from india ??
I called cic today and agent told me that file is under review
please read posts on page # 32 people got AOR

ecruz

Jul 3, 2020
Hey guys .. all of you who got AOR and emails today, where are you guys located? just checking to see if they are now processing other regions as as of now they seem to only be processing asia (philippines, india, etc)
We live in the Dominican Republic

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does anyone know this ‘In progress’ means AOR2 ?
or this means background check in progress ?
It doesn't mean much specifically, it means your file is in processing.

Some offices actually send a letter saying "received in immigration office in XXX for further processing"with contact info and other minor instructions. Mostly I believe this is offices abroad.

Not all files get an AOR2 / not all offices actually do this. So it won't be / shouldn't be a surprise if you do not get one.

On here, some members interpret certain steps (ghost updates in ECAS or other changes in status) to be the same as AOR2. There's no way to know if these things correspond to AOR2 in terms of what offices are doing.

Usually the files are either pending action by some third-party (security check, criminality check, etc) or literally sitting in the queue for an officer to get to it. Most of the interpretation here of what these unclear signals in ecas, gckey, etc., is basically a guess.

If you want to try to read a bit more detail - not necessarily any clearer - order GCMS notes.

Reactions: Sheenak_official