+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
My package was delivered on July 23, 2020. I called IRCC this morning and they provided me with a temporary file number which starts with XF.

Aug 23, 2020
That may be true but I would say they were barely moving until late September so it "doesn't" count. Since they made the announcement I have seen a lot of updates, in the tracker and some facebook groups.
They say 6000 decisions per month so I'm hoping they get to April before the end of October.
I like your optimism. Even I am hoping the same. But I am noticing the tracker closely for several months. I have seen some new inputs in last few weeks. But that does not seem fast enough. They also said they will have 49000 decisions by the end of this year. But I am not totally sure about it though. I hope that they start working on all the applications Asap.

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
I like your optimism. Even I am hoping the same. But I am noticing the tracker closely for several months. I have seen some new inputs in last few weeks. But that does not seem fast enough. They also said they will have 49000 decisions by the end of this year. But I am not totally sure about it though. I hope that they start working on all the applications Asap.
Either I'm optimistic or I go crazy with anxiety, so I rather be optimistic :p
I think by the end of this month we might be able to have a solid idea of how things are going. I see a March 24 applicant already with AOR, the dates are a bit inconsistent but some people might not be updating, i don't know.

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I'm on the fence about getting a temp number. what are the benefits?
The benefit of temporary file number is a little peace of mind that your package has been received and has been inputted into system but has not been reviewed by an office yet. Once the office is ready to review, you will receive an AOR1. Also, temporary file number could be used to provide IRCC with an update like change of address, contract information etc while the file is pending review so that when officer begins review, they have most up to date information.

Reactions: DiiDii

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Either I'm optimistic or I go crazy with anxiety, so I rather be optimistic :p
I think by the end of this month we might be able to have a solid idea of how things are going. I see a March 24 applicant already with AOR, the dates are a bit inconsistent but some people might not be updating, i don't know.
Also keep in mind what you see on the tracking form is a small percentage applicants out there so it's hard to really judge how many are being processed.

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Also keep in mind what you see on the tracking form is a small percentage applicants out there so it's hard to really judge how many are being processed.
yes, of course. But you can always know if they are already working on your month or not, and if they are making progress, and thats good to keep people in good spirits :)

Reactions: Canada2020eh
Aug 23, 2020
Exactly!! That is also what i meant. Because they started march2020 applicants around 15th august. Its been 2 months and they have given Aor to may be half of them only. This is only based on certain people in the tracking sheet. So this is becoming annoyingly slow.

prankysayu

Oct 18, 2017
Exactly!! That is also what i meant. Because they started march2020 applicants around 15th august. Its been 2 months and they have given Aor to may be half of them only. This is only based on certain people in the tracking sheet. So this is becoming annoyingly slow.
Well I see a lot of progress mostly with Inland Applicants and their OWPs. Although as you said Outland applications are moving at a snail's pace in comparison. :(

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Can we call IRCC to get a file number??
I don't know any details on how to do it because I haven't done it yet. But yes, you can. They might not be able to give you one if your application is recent, but if you are a July applicant I think they'll have one for you.

If you go back on this thread you can find more info.