+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020, Inland Spousal PR Applications

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hello Guys, had been really busy and haven't been checking this forum for a while. Well we just got update today, I am not sure which process it is. For me as the sponsor I have an email saying I have met the eligibility as a sponsor. When I login online there is an letter address to my wife the applicant that says she meets the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence.

Not sure if these 2 are the same process? Someone can let me know what these letters are call? and what is next?

Also on another note, we did medical April 8th and the office said they sent to ircc on April 20th, but on ircc it still doesn't say they got it or it passed or not. Should I be worried?

Our original app date is July 17th 2020

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hello Guys, had been really busy and haven't been checking this forum for a while. Well we just got update today, I am not sure which process it is. For me as the sponsor I have an email saying I have met the eligibility as a sponsor. When I login online there is an letter address to my wife the applicant that says she meets the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence.

Not sure if these 2 are the same process? Someone can let me know what these letters are call? and what is next?

Also on another note, we did medical April 8th and the office said they sent to ircc on April 20th, but on ircc it still doesn't say they got it or it passed or not. Should I be worried?

Our original app date is July 17th 2020
So I got those this morning and they are AIP and SP. After this is Decision Made and COPR.

ruo5

May 25, 2020
hey I received SA, do they send a letter or notification for AIP? i see on the spreadsheet that people usually receive both at the same time.

I havent received anything about AIP

Last edited:

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
hey I received SA, do they send a letter or notification for AIP? i see on the spreadsheet that people usually receive both at the same time.

I havent received anything about AIP
Did you try login online? I got SA through email and logged in and saw a new message, which was the AIP i believe.

Also got a letter saying "Pre-arrival service" today online. Anyone know what that mean? Or is it just a generic thing they put up?

ruo5

May 25, 2020
Did you try login online? I got SA through email and logged in and saw a new message, which was the AIP i believe.

Also got a letter saying "Pre-arrival service" today online. Anyone know what that mean? Or is it just a generic thing they put up?
yeah no message online, only my sponsor got an email with the SA. I'll give it a couple of days. thanks

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019

Pre-arrival service is a generic letter which usually is sent to Outland Applicants. For some reason though, all Inlands are now getting this letter. Ignore it. It's a good sign of progress and not a bad thing. Congrats!

lulu9898

May 6, 2021
The application was received on July 9th,
the replenishment and physical examination have been completed,
and it is currently anxiously waiting

canadaengland

Sep 15, 2020
Hi everyone! I just wanted to clarify, while the PR application is processing does the PA need to keep reapplying for an extension of visitor status or is their status implied? Thanks!

canadaengland

Sep 15, 2020
Hi everyone, a bit of a tough story here and could use some advice if anyone has any... I am sponsoring my spouse and we submitted our application in July of 2020. He was in status (visitor) until October of 2020 and we submitted an Open Work Permit with our July PR application which made his status implied. The open work permit has been sent back to us (dated March 24th and received May 3rd) due to a missed payment (which we were aware of and had previously contacted IRCC about and provided a receipt number to be linked to our account). We were never contacted before receiving the OWP back. We are unsure of how to proceed as he is now out of status and I would hate for the whole PR application to be denied because of this. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

Reactions: Naazb

Naazb

Apr 2, 2021
Hi everyone, a bit of a tough story here and could use some advice if anyone has any... I am sponsoring my spouse and we submitted our application in July of 2020. He was in status (visitor) until October of 2020 and we submitted an Open Work Permit with our July PR application which made his status implied. The open work permit has been sent back to us (dated March 24th and received May 3rd) due to a missed payment (which we were aware of and had previously contacted IRCC about and provided a receipt number to be linked to our account). We were never contacted before receiving the OWP back. We are unsure of how to proceed as he is now out of status and I would hate for the whole PR application to be denied because of this. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you
Well there was kinda my situation my status also expired in Oct 2020 i applied my file in july so i called immigration nd they told me when we get your application you are on implied status even if you got the owp application back you still on implied status they not gonna tell you to go back even still in doubt call immigration nd ask them you will get your answer !!

Reactions: canadaengland