+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020, Inland Spousal PR Applications

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hey guys, So I have been trying to send in a form that needed a little bit of editing to IRCC, and First time, everything when well, they said they received it. But afterwards I realized that one of the form I sent was missing a written signature. Then I resent that 1 form with signature a second time, I typed everything else the same and stating i missed a signature, but this time the officer said, they need more information and cannot process. So I did the webform a third time, giving all the information they ask for in the second webform (btw everything was already in the boxes you need to fill), attaching the 1st and 2nd version of the form. This time they received it replied "confirmed the reception of the docs, if further info is needed, a request may be sent by responsible officer" + "However, there is no information stating that you are a representative on this file. If you wish to obtain further info, the applicant must provide written consent to IRCC...etc"

So my question is, was my document actually forwarded or did they stop it because I am not a representative?
Also I am the sponsor, am I not consider able to access the file of the applicant? I am a little confused on this. Do I as a sponsor need a :use of representative" form for accessing the application?

Sorry for long post, couldn't find a way to explain in short.

Reactions: Kumar125

Kumar125

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hey guys, So I have been trying to send in a form that needed a little bit of editing to IRCC, and First time, everything when well, they said they received it. But afterwards I realized that one of the form I sent was missing a written signature. Then I resent that 1 form with signature a second time, I typed everything else the same and stating i missed a signature, but this time the officer said, they need more information and cannot process. So I did the webform a third time, giving all the information they ask for in the second webform (btw everything was already in the boxes you need to fill), attaching the 1st and 2nd version of the form. This time they received it replied "confirmed the reception of the docs, if further info is needed, a request may be sent by responsible officer" + "However, there is no information stating that you are a representative on this file. If you wish to obtain further info, the applicant must provide written consent to IRCC...etc"

So my question is, was my document actually forwarded or did they stop it because I am not a representative?
Also I am the sponsor, am I not consider able to access the file of the applicant? I am a little confused on this. Do I as a sponsor need a :use of representative" form for accessing the application?

Sorry for long post, couldn't find a way to explain in short.
Hi, you don't need to fill the "use of representatives form" if either of you don't want anyone for you. My sponsor also used the webform to contact IRCC, she was not given any updates or information about the case and was asked to fill the "use of representatives form" if sponsor wants to represent me. when we see the reply from IRCC it seemed awkward to us and I resubmitted the webform using only my (applicant) information. I think only applicant or its representative has right to access information because an applicant is an applicant who filled the forms, and uses sponsor's information while filling up the applications. thought it's just done for the privacy reason to protect our informations, and this is an effect of immigration fraud and scam going on nowadays.

Sibrahim

Dec 2, 2020
Hi All,
I submitted my application with OWP end of July, but nothing till now. Did they reply to anyone?
Thanks.

AlexF01

Nov 16, 2020
Hi, I am sponsoring my spouse as an inland application and we sent the sponsorship application along with open work permit application which was received on July 3, 2020. My spouse is here on a visitor visa and her status will expire in August (she came to Canada at the end of February 2020). Since we have included OWP as part of the application, does she still need to apply for an extension to her visitor visa? I've read on the forums that the OWP application in this package will grant her implied status even if her visitor status expires. Processing times have been affected because of the COVID situation and I'm not sure if we'll get any sort of confirmation before next month, so I do not want to put her immigration status at risk.

On another note, if she has a job offer in Canada currently, is there a way to expedite the OWP application so she can start working? Or is there any alternative for her to be able to work while these applications are being processed?
for the implied status , you are not considered implied until you application is on the system , so even if you apply and they received your package until you are officially in the system is not implied , the problem is that is you by mistake fall in out of status , the work permit will not be issue as is only applicable to applicant that maintain their status while in process, I would highly recommend that if you haven't been Able to link to work permit app to you cic account , and the status of your spouse is expiring , apply to extend her stay as visitor online in the mean time is only 100 dollars, in the application submit a letter explaining that you apply for spousal sponsorship inland with a work permit but that you re submitting the extension because you haven't heard about the work permit and you want to make sure your spouse maintain the legal status.

AlexF01

Nov 16, 2020
Hi, I am sponsoring my spouse as an inland application and we sent the sponsorship application along with open work permit application which was received on July 3, 2020. My spouse is here on a visitor visa and her status will expire in August (she came to Canada at the end of February 2020). Since we have included OWP as part of the application, does she still need to apply for an extension to her visitor visa? I've read on the forums that the OWP application in this package will grant her implied status even if her visitor status expires. Processing times have been affected because of the COVID situation and I'm not sure if we'll get any sort of confirmation before next month, so I do not want to put her immigration status at risk.

On another note, if she has a job offer in Canada currently, is there a way to expedite the OWP application so she can start working? Or is there any alternative for her to be able to work while these applications are being processed?
even if she has a job offer there is no way to expedite the work permit, unfortunately . you will have to wait until the open work permit is issued, and regarding the "implied status " is a miss conception that she get implied status when she apply for the work permit when she is a visitor , that is not implied status as she is not extending the status , is changing status , you are allowed to remain in Canada for a decision but is not technically implied status , because implied status is when you are extending your current status for example , extending a work permit before the current one expire, or extending your visitor, or extending your study permit, look like is a technical loophole but that is how it is , I am immigration consultant student and I have ask this question to my teachers who are immigration lawyers for many years, when you change status from visitor to worker or student to worker or viceversa is not implied status , you are just allowed to remain in Canada until decision is made.

CMcFarlane04

Feb 15, 2017
For those who know the process, what sort of thing should we be looking for? Who will it get sent to, me or my sponsor?

Kumar125

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
even if she has a job offer there is no way to expedite the work permit, unfortunately . you will have to wait until the open work permit is issued, and regarding the "implied status " is a miss conception that she get implied status when she apply for the work permit when she is a visitor , that is not implied status as she is not extending the status , is changing status , you are allowed to remain in Canada for a decision but is not technically implied status , because implied status is when you are extending your current status for example , extending a work permit before the current one expire, or extending your visitor, or extending your study permit, look like is a technical loophole but that is how it is , I am immigration consultant student and I have ask this question to my teachers who are immigration lawyers for many years, when you change status from visitor to worker or student to worker or viceversa is not implied status , you are just allowed to remain in Canada until decision is made.
Ya but how about somebody applied for work permit where her visitor record expires in couple of months, but applied for Work Permit before visitor expires. it is not implied status until decision on work permit is made?

AlexF01

Nov 16, 2020
Ya but how about somebody applied for work permit where her visitor record expires in couple of months, but applied for Work Permit before visitor expires. it is not implied status until decision on work permit is made?
implied status to remain in canada will take place if the application is entered in the immigration system before the visitor lose the status, if you are unsure that you application is on the system or not call canada immigration and ask they should be able to tell you, if is already in the system then you are ok, otherwise is highly recommended you extend your stay as visitor.

Kumar125

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
implied status to remain in canada will take place if the application is entered in the immigration system before the visitor lose the status, if you are unsure that you application is on the system or not call canada immigration and ask they should be able to tell you, if is already in the system then you are ok, otherwise is highly recommended you extend your stay as visitor.
No I'm good, they already have me in their system long time ago.I'm waiting for my AOR. But I just was referring to your summary about the implied status. I even asked IRCC agent about this that the time between the current document expiry date and until the decision of next one is implied status whatever you do changing or extending. Just to clearfy to many people in here.

Leoro619

Sep 1, 2015
I had a question. If for example the forms are sent back from CPC and only 1 signature is missing.
Do you just sign that one page and add it to the rest of the application and send it back if there are no other changes needed?
Won't documents be signed lets say 4-5 months before?

AlexF01

Nov 16, 2020
only if u sent back within 90 days otherwise the forms need to be all signed and re-dated (within 90 days ) and any information as well for example job letters, and any other support document cannot be later than 90 days .

AlexF01

Nov 16, 2020
Hola, ¿Alguien ha solicitado una visa de turista TRV después de solicitar el patrocinio familiar y fue aceptado para la visa TRV después de COVI-19 ?????
eso se llama dual intend y es posible esta en la ley de immigration mas la persona debe de poder cumplir todo los requisitos como cualquier otro aplicante

kalyan1990

Jul 25, 2017
Anyone who has recently applied for extension for visitor visa. Can you help with the following question.

Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?
YES/NO ?

We submitted our inland spousal sponsorship application with OWP in july but haven't heard back about it yet.