+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020, Inland Spousal PR Applications

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hi, I hope someone can help me.

I am in Canada right now holding a Temporary residence visa. Married to a Canadian Citizen.

We are going to submit my Inland Spousal Visa Application hopefully in November and I want to apply also an Open work permit.

I did research and lots of readings but still, I am confused or not satisfied with the answer I get.

1. Is it Correct that the form for Openwork Permit inside Canada is IMM 5710? I am looking for the documents checklist also.
2.I just requested Dubai Police Clearance, Should I send it back to UAE Consulate in Manila, Philippines after it will be attested in the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Dubai? or Do you have any suggestion about this since I am here in Canada already.
- Last year I requested Dubai Police Clearance also(expired already) while I was still in the Philippines. So it was attested in Dubai and sent to UAE Consulate in Manila to be attested also.

I am sorry if my question is confusing but I hope someone can really help me with this.

Thank you so much and keep safe everyone

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I just see some application return on the earlier month due to no hand written signature on the IMM5669e, Now I don't remember if We signed it also, kind of stressing out now. Would sending a webform with a scan of that document with a signature work? Has anyone done this?

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
I just see some application return on the earlier month due to no hand written signature on the IMM5669e, Now I don't remember if We signed it also, kind of stressing out now. Would sending a webform with a scan of that document with a signature work? Has anyone done this?
I sent a webform about 1.5-2 weeks ago with an updated IMM5406e, making sure it was the most recent edition and ensuring that the information was correct and signed but I have not received a reply so far about it. Fingers crossed?

I figured it wouldn't hurt to try at this point, I'm pretty sure quite a few of us are attempting the same since hearing the returns of applications.

Last edited:

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I sent a webform about 1.5-2 weeks ago with an updated IMM5669e, making sure it was the most recent edition and ensuring that the information was correct and signed but I have not received a reply so far about it. Fingers crossed?
There is a new version? Damn I just reprinted the old one and sent the webform.

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
There is a new version? Damn I just reprinted the old one and sent the webform.
Sorry, I sent a different form number, I neglected to check which one you sent (these numbers can get confusing). As far as I'm aware, the only form that was updated was the additional family info form (IMM5406e). Didn't mean to make you panic!

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
OK I feel even more stressed out right now, When I type IMM5669 search, I found a 2019 version, but from the https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp page where they teach you how to apply, the form from that list is the 2018 version. I had been using all the documents on this page. So did I have to check every single file for the newest version? So I guess my application will be return then?
I used all the forms linked on the checklist. I'm unsure what they do if the form is an older edition. I'm not sure if there's anyone else that can put in their two cents?

At this point, in my situation, I've decided not to stress about it since it's been sent and received, whatever happens happens. I rectified what I could on that one particular form I sent but now it'll just be a waiting game.

I'm sure there are many that will be in the same boat as you are, we'll just have to see what the IRCC will make of it.

Guriwar

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Hi
Does anyone from June - July applicants receive AOR?
My sponsor has submitted application in July 2020.

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi
Does anyone from June - July applicants receive AOR?
My sponsor has submitted application in July 2020.
June nor July have received official AORs yet, just temporary AORs. If you would like to stay updated on the application processes, please visit here and consider adding your own timeline in the July INLAND tab.

AMAN7711

Oct 31, 2020
Haven't seen a July one! Figured I'd start one for the July crew.

Sponsoring my wife for PR + Owp, she's currently on her PGWP which expires on August so she's in currently status and hopefully benefits from implied status after her PGWP expires.

Sent : July 4 via FedEx ground. Paid about $20 for courier services including signatures

Received: July 7 by CPC Mississauga at 2 Robert Speckway. Signature provided by: RRECEPTION

I'd recommend paying for the signature option from FedEx.

Let the waiting games begin! Good luck to everyone

CMcFarlane04

Feb 15, 2017
Hi folks. Have there been any updates? I don't quite know what I'm looking for, so both my sponsor and I have been checking our email.

Also, how easy is it to update information on a submitted application? We might need to change my sponsor's email and we're considering changing my phone line to a Canadian number to reduce the drain on my savings.

Kumar125

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hi folks. Have there been any updates? I don't quite know what I'm looking for, so both my sponsor and I have been checking our email.

Also, how easy is it to update information on a submitted application? We might need to change my sponsor's email and we're considering changing my phone line to a Canadian number to reduce the drain on my savings.
Hi, I had a same situation and I have recently changed mine to Canadian phone number by calling IRCC. Mine was updated there and then . If they received your applications and put you in their system, they can change it for you. It's easier by phone rather than filling the web form. We form takes time to get updated.

CMcFarlane04

Feb 15, 2017
Hi, I had a same situation and I have recently changed mine to Canadian phone number by calling IRCC. Mine was updated there and then . If they received your applications and put you in their system, they can change it for you. It's easier by phone rather than filling the web form. We form takes time to get updated.
Thank you very much!