May 23, 2014
Application received July 17
Test updated Dec 17
Nothing after that
Vancouver office
Anyone in the same situation ?

leafly

Feb 18, 2021
I just got all of my requirements met (Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions) on Feb 4th.

Just waiting for Citizenship Ceremony. It says not started.

Is there something I should have received in my e-mail, or mail? Or do I be patient now?

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
I just got all of my requirements met (Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions) on Feb 4th.

Just waiting for Citizenship Ceremony. It says not started.

Is there something I should have received in my e-mail, or mail? Or do I be patient now?
Hi, congratulations. You've reached the decision made stage. You can check that on the old portal where it should say 'decision made'. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for your oath ceremony. You won't receive anything until it's been scheduled. Even when it's scheduled it seems to take time for the email to be sent. All depends on your local processing office. The wait can be anything from 1 to 6 months unforntunately.

Last edited:

zi

Star Member
May 23, 2014
I check approximately 20 times my tracker every day. It would be interesting to know if someone is beating me on it.

leafly

Feb 18, 2021
Hi, congratulations. You've reached the decision made stage. You can check that on the old portal where it should say 'decision made'. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for your oath ceremony. You won't receive anything until it's been scheduled. Even when it's scheduled it seems to take time for the email to be sent. All depends on your local processing office. The wait can be anything from 1 to 6 months unforntunately.

Thank you, glad to hear that.

I don't know where you access the old portal, I think it doesn't exist. Care to share a link?

Does ANYONE have experience with having the ceremony at a specific place? In Calgary, they do a ceremony during GlobalFest (a worldwide firework show), but I am unsure how arrangements are made for this. It happens in August, so feels like it can be arranged.