+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

Canadian newcomer

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Finally got the test invite
Last update was April 23
VO: Kitchener

For the test, do you guys recommend reading Discover Canada book or just the test bank questions? Thanks!

I did both. Read the book fully one time, highlighted text and made notes in the book and did a few online tests.

Jul 21, 2020
Hi all - the dashboard here (https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/dashboard) suggests that I will be invited for a test between Oct 29 and Nov 18. I have got no email inviting me for the test.

1) Is this normal and am I correct in assuming I will get an email invite for the test?
2) Or should is status change on the dash as an invitation for the test and apply for the test myself?

I only saw today in the dashboard that I was supposed to appear for the test and I am a little worried.

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hi all - the dashboard here (https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/dashboard) suggests that I will be invited for a test between Oct 29 and Nov 18. I have got no email inviting me for the test.

1) Is this normal and am I correct in assuming I will get an email invite for the test?
2) Or should is status change on the dash as an invitation for the test and apply for the test myself?

I only saw today in the dashboard that I was supposed to appear for the test and I am a little worried.
This same issue has been reported by some applicants and the best action would be to contact IRCC as soon as possible. Since your test dates have passed and no email, contact IRCC and let them know that you never got an email although your tracker shows that you had a test scheduled. Other applicants who encountered the same issue were able to get new test invitation email. Do not attempt to give the test without receiving an email invitation as some applicants were asked to retake due to that.

Hope this helps.

x4xp

Sep 12, 2012
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Application Date: Jul 20, 2020

Nov 29, 2021 (Ghost update on Nov 26): Language Skills, Physical presence, Prohibition completed.

Ecas showing decision made.

Scarborough office.

Passport copies were sent in Mid of August 2021.

Reactions: igg and PEQ2013
Jul 21, 2020
This same issue has been reported by some applicants and the best action would be to contact IRCC as soon as possible. Since your test dates have passed and no email, contact IRCC and let them know that you never got an email although your tracker shows that you had a test scheduled. Other applicants who encountered the same issue were able to get new test invitation email. Do not attempt to give the test without receiving an email invitation as some applicants were asked to retake due to that.

Hope this helps.
Thank you Mhd, it sure helps. Any idea how I can contact IRCC?

Also, given that it has happened before, how long before I get my invite for test?

Last edited:

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Thank you Mhd, it sure helps. Any idea how I can contact IRCC?

Also, given that it has happened before, how long before I get my invite for test?
you can contact them by phone or webform as mentioned on ircc website. Reaching them by phone could require several attempts due to busy lines so keep trying until you get through. Make sure you call them first thing in the morning when they start their operation to have a chance. This is their call centre number 1-888-242-2100

As for the test invite, i dont think anyone has any clue just like everything else. They all seem to be random its more like a lottery draw at this point.

Najabad14

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12,2015
Doc's Request.
22Feb 2016, 23 March 2016, 24 June 2016
File Transfer...
20 Sep 2015
Med's Request
3 June ,2016
Med's Done....
14 June 2016
Passport Req..
22-07-2016
Hello Admin please update the sheet
Najabad 14
Application sent July 5 and 6th two separate applications
Received July 10 and 11
Test invite November 7 and November 9
Test date November 17 and November 18
Test result updated and completed on both applications

Reactions: Radium

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Has your score been updated on the tracker?
No update so far on the tracker. It still says, waiting on you to take the test.
I called IRCC call center this morning to know why there’s a delay, the agent said, it can take several weeks at worse before there’s an update.

cakmak35

Dec 1, 2021
toronto
Nov 17, 2020 - Application filed
Aug 12, 2021 - Background verification activity status updated
Sep 17, 2021 - Scheduled for citizenship test
Oct 1, 2021 - Citizenship test activity status updated (but i still dont see my score on the website)
Nov 25, 2021 - Physical presence activity status updated
Prohibitions activity status updated
Language skills activity status updated
Nov 30, 2021 - Citizenship oath activity status updated
Mar 31, 2022 - Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on March 31, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony

Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on March 31, 2022.

It doest feel right to get it scheduled 4 months from now :(
Also i havent received any email since i took the test, is that normal ?

btw application status: In progress

ana0911

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Aug 12, 2021 - Background verification activity status updated
Sep 17, 2021 - Scheduled for citizenship test
Oct 1, 2021 - Citizenship test activity status updated (but i still dont see my score on the website)
Nov 25, 2021 - Physical presence activity status updated
Prohibitions activity status updated
Language skills activity status updated
Nov 30, 2021 - Citizenship oath activity status updated
Mar 31, 2022 - Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on March 31, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony

Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on March 31, 2022.

Yes it’s normal you don’t receive any email after taking the test.you just have to wait..I know it’s long but it will come.All the best and cheers.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017

6 months for me

Smff20

Aug 12, 2021
Did anyone who applied in Mississauga and had DM in August got oath yet? I have DM since August 16th. I was hoping to travel in December, but looks like people are getting March date now.