+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

congp

Oct 19, 2016
wow finally a Calgary applicant receiving test invite. My application is in progress since Feb and still haven’t heard anything back…

We got Invitation to take the Test this morning.
4 of us.
Start to review tonight.

Thanks @ZhabaHulk for posting your Test invite.
We have similar timeline
Also in Calgary.
For this, have second thought to withdraw my daughter application.

July 13, 2020 Citizenship App Sent
July 16, 2020 Application Received
Nov 13, 2020 AOR
Jan 06, 2021 In Process
May 03, 2021 Request Fingerprints
June 08, 2021 Background Check Complete
Nov 11, 2021 Test Invitation

Yawza

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
@CaBeaver We cannot just blame IRCC. There are some people to blame as well. They have wasted seats for others who are serious about their citizenship.
Probably IRCC never sent them an email or a notification. Many people don't know about the tracker and IRCC employees are just a mess. I know that they never sent many people the test emails and people missed the exams.

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
Finally the citizenship marked closed in the tracker today. Still waiting for the certificate though.

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
Hope you all get an oath invitation soon.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
I am waiting for DM too for more than 4 months now, Test Completed July 5.
We are a family of 4.
It seems like we will wait another 3 or 4 months after DM for oath?
From what I've seen from test to oath usually takes about 6 months. Sometimes the DM is fast but then you have a long wait for the oath and sometimes the DM takes 4-5 months and the the oath arrives in about a month. I haven't seen many cases of 4-5 months for DM and 4-5 months for oath so lets be positive! My Dm took 5 months from the test. Am waiting for Oath now but it's only been 2 weeks so hoping for something before the end of November

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Quick question: If you received your test invite by email does that mean you'll receive your oath invitation by email or could that come by snail mail?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Quick question: If you received your test invite by email does that mean you'll receive your oath invitation by email or could that come by snail mail?
I got both by email. I haven't heard of anyone getting it by snail mail. I believe your communication preferences are set to email if you have provided one unless you explicitly change it to snail mail.
Obviously the only exception is the citizenship certificate as that is a physical document and will arrive by snail mail (in the current scenario).

Reactions: Mutenye

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
I got both by email. I haven't heard of anyone getting it by snail mail. I believe your communication preferences are set to email if you have provided one unless you explicitly change it to snail mail.
Obviously the only exception is the citizenship certificate as that is a physical document and will arrive by snail mail (in the current scenario).
And the address that gets sent to (the certificate) can be changed at the ceremony right?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Yes. Again, according to the oath invitation letter, you will be asked to validate your home address so that they can send the certificate to the correct address.

Reactions: Mutenye

tatiana1994

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
if participants did not show up and did not notify IRCC, shame on IRCC.
Also, if participants did not show up due to IRCC or a glitch, still shame on IRCC.

How's that?
Stop being so dramatic . It is getting annoying. everyone is entitled to his own opinion. I have been living in Canada for 10 years and honestly it is perfectly possible that CIC did not not prevent them timely.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
i passed test on June 6,still waiting for DM.
@azammdr and @Naush4 , Same boat as you.

4 applicants(2 adult and 2 children).

DM for adults was done on 28th June.
Prohibitions for children was completed on 8th November. Prior to that all was it was in progress.

Please check status of your children. Somewhere i read that for children Prohibitions is the only check they see and then proceed for oath

Let me know if that's a case in your case. We are still waiting for oath.

tatiana1994

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
I took the oath. I am a proud Canadian now. The feeling is amazing and I have no words to describe it.

I was in a shock to see people in the ceremony who were in hoodies and in pajamas despite all the instructions given in the invitation. They were so disrespectful. It is sad to see that people who doesn’t respect Canada are becoming citizen.

Judge did say a few words about Remembrance Day and said at least we all should wear a Poppy to honour those. I didn’t see any candidate wearing a Poppy except me in the ceremony.

It’s November 11th today. Please wear a Poppy and donate everyone.

I wish good luck to everyone here who are still waiting. I hope you all become a proud and respectful Canadian soon.
So because they show up dressed the way they dressed, they do not respect Canada ? So everyone should be dressed the way you were dressed to show respect to Canada
Well, If I wanted to live in an autocracy, I would have chosen Russia.
The way people dressed is none of your business. And please remember that this is a democracy, as long as no law is broken, everyone has the rights to do whatever he wants .

Reactions: Lyse