+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
Any applicants from July 2020 who have been waiting for more than 4 months after DM for oath invitation?
I passed test on July 1st and got DM on July 5th, no interview no passport scan no fingerprints, until now I’ve been waiting for 4 months and 1 week for oath invitations. I wrote webforms and received no information each time.

Pra257

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Any applicants from July 2020 who have been waiting for more than 4 months after DM for oath invitation?
I passed test on July 1st and got DM on July 5th, no interview no passport scan no fingerprints, until now I’ve been waiting for 4 months and 1 week for oath invitations. I wrote webforms and received no information each time.
Which office

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't say shame on IRCC.
I meant we really don't know actual reason, so let process flow itself.

I am assuming system glitches as I didn't receive email invitation for test, and another applicant was about to miss test opportunity.

Wish you all the best!
thats alright. nothing against what you said.
I was implying that either way , IRCC could have done better regardless in this instance and generally. all good

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
You are worrying too much.

I am waiting for DM 4 months now

Nothing

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
We got Invitation to take the Test this morning.
4 of us.
Start to review tonight.

Thanks @ZhabaHulk for posting your Test invite.
We have similar timeline
Also in Calgary.
For this, have second thought to withdraw my daughter application.

July 13, 2020 Citizenship App Sent
July 16, 2020 Application Received
Nov 13, 2020 AOR
Jan 06, 2021 In Process
May 03, 2021 Request Fingerprints
June 08, 2021 Background Check Complete
Nov 11, 2021 Test Invitation

Last edited:

Yawza

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
We got Invitation to take the Test this morning.
4 of us.
Start to review tonight.

Thanks @ZhabaHulk for posting your Test invite.
We have similar timeline
Also in Calgary.
For this, have second thought to withdraw my daughter application.

July 13, 2020 Citizenship App Sent
July 16, 2020 Application Received
Nov 13, 2020 AOR
Jan 06, 2021 In Process
May 03, 2021 Request Fingerprints
June 08, 2021 Background Check Complete
Nov 11, 2021 Test Invitation

Did they send you the email or you just saw the update in the system? I got the update but we never received the emails since almost 2 weeks

Oct 30, 2021
You are almost there since most oath invites take 3 to 5 months from test completion date, check the 2020 tracker.
(Though IRCC website says 3 months - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html)

As for receiving a reply from a webform, you will only get a reply if your enquiry falls into their priority list, which is:
  • You’re in a crisis situation (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)
  • You’re facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)
  • You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances, which has a direct impact on your application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)
  • You need to submit documents requested by one of our officers
  • You’re changing your contact information
  • You’re withdrawing an application or requesting a refund
  • You have questions about the 2021 invitations to apply to sponsor parents and grandparents.

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
You are almost there since most oath invites take 3 to 5 months from test completion date, check the 2020 tracker.
(Though IRCC website says 3 months - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html)

As for receiving a reply from a webform, you will only get a reply if your enquiry falls into their priority list, which is:
  • You’re in a crisis situation (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)
  • You’re facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)
  • You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances, which has a direct impact on your application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)
  • You need to submit documents requested by one of our officers
  • You’re changing your contact information
  • You’re withdrawing an application or requesting a refund
  • You have questions about the 2021 invitations to apply to sponsor parents and grandparents.
Thank you very much for the very detailed explanation my friend! (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑

I’ll cheer up and keep on waiting:)

Reactions: Canadian newcomer

Sk178

Nov 13, 2021
Citizenship application sent July 6,2020
Single applicant
Received July 8,2020
AOR- December22,2020
Processing began :15 January, 2021
Background check completed: 23 April, 2020 and the rest everything is in process
Citizenship test was written on July 17,2020 but haven’t updated into the system.

Has anyone received call with no caller Id from CIC on Saturday regarding citizenship application? I missed the call from no caller Id so ain’t sure if they would have called or not. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Did they send you the email or you just saw the update in the system? I got the update but we never received the emails since almost 2 weeks
We received email each of us. No update in the system yet until now.
At the same pdf attachment there is a REQUEST LETTER that require us to submit all pages of our passport whether it is blank or not in 30 days.
Is there somebody received a letter like this.

Reactions: Yawza