AOR Received.
17-10-2017
Finally done with my oath this morning
Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: Radium

Canadian newcomer

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
I’m in Burlington ON. My case was handled by the Hamilton office, but the ceremony was held by the Niagara Falls office.
Congrats! I love to see things moving fairly swiftly. It really is a guessing game guys, it seems that no two cases are the same. Hamilton and Scarborough seem to be setting the bar high lately lol

lions

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hello July 2020 Applications, i have applied

I did my Test June 15,..most of the categories are completed..i haven't hear back from them about my oath or..it still say not started...do i need to call them ?

Why is it delay for my oath ceremony?

Canadian newcomer

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021

I did my Test June 15,..most of the categories are completed..i haven't hear back from them about my oath or..it still say not started...do i need to call them ?

Judging by what others say on here, it really varies. Usually within the first month people seem to be getting an oath date at least. But for others, some have waited 3 months or so...

Last edited:

Lyse

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
File Transfer...
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2017
Those of you who've done the oath ceremony on Zoom, what happened exactly? Did you have to speak to anybody one-on-one? Could you and all the other participants for the oath ceremony hear each other? Did you have to swear the oath verbally with somebody listening to make sure you said it? I'm having a hard time imagining how this event will go online, lol.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018

Minister of Immigration is the only person who can answer your question :)

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Has anyone recently got test invite in Alberta? I’m in Calgary and my last update was BC completed, in July 2021.

Dr.Raj91

Jun 26, 2014
chennai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
IELTS Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
Hey Same situation
Background check completed march 9th 2021
Last update april 23rd 2021
Still waiting for test
I am from edmonton
Same Situation, Same date.

Mpvzla

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-10-2017
Those of you who've done the oath ceremony on Zoom, what happened exactly? Did you have to speak to anybody one-on-one? Could you and all the other participants for the oath ceremony hear each other? Did you have to swear the oath verbally with somebody listening to make sure you said it? I'm having a hard time imagining how this event will go online, lol.
Hi there, my experience was as follows:
- Once I joined the meeting, they put me in a waiting room.
-After this, I was sent to the main meeting room with all applicants (45 in total) and IRCC agents and clerk. They did the introduction, played a video of Canada and explained what the ceremony would consist of.
- Soon after I was sent to a breakout room with a few applicants all of us in mute. Several minutes later, an IRCC agent sent me to another room (just myself) to register. I had to show my 2 pieces of ID on camera and confirm my mailing address. She asked me if I needed to travel urgently and I said no.
-After registration, I was sent to another breakout room with all other applicants. All of us in mute. We were just waiting for everyone else to get registered.
- Once everyone was registered, they sent us to the main room with the IRCC clerk and the judge. They confirmed everyone was registered and the judge proceeded to speak. We then proceeded to cite the oath (in English and French), so we all had to unmute ourselves. They made emphasis that they had to listen all of us for that moment and our right hands raised. I guess there were agents monitoring everyone was doing so. We then proceeded to sing O Canada (some parts in English and some parts in French) again all of us had to be unmuted for this.
- After this, the closing part and if you wanted you could take a picture with the judge afterwards. I had to wait on a breakout room several more minutes until she saw me. And that was it!

Reactions: Lyse

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi there, my experience was as follows:
- Once I joined the meeting, they put me in a waiting room.
-After this, I was sent to the main meeting room with all applicants (45 in total) and IRCC agents and clerk. They did the introduction, played a video of Canada and explained what the ceremony would consist of.
- Soon after I was sent to a breakout room with a few applicants all of us in mute. Several minutes later, an IRCC agent sent me to another room (just myself) to register. I had to show my 2 pieces of ID on camera and confirm my mailing address. She asked me if I needed to travel urgently and I said no.
-After registration, I was sent to another breakout room with all other applicants. All of us in mute. We were just waiting for everyone else to get registered.
- Once everyone was registered, they sent us to the main room with the IRCC clerk and the judge. They confirmed everyone was registered and the judge proceeded to speak. We then proceeded to cite the oath (in English and French), so we all had to unmute ourselves. They made emphasis that they had to listen all of us for that moment and our right hands raised. I guess there were agents monitoring everyone was doing so. We then proceeded to sing O Canada (some parts in English and some parts in French) again all of us had to be unmuted for this.
- After this, the closing part and if you wanted you could take a picture with the judge afterwards. I had to wait on a breakout room several more minutes until she saw me. And that was it!
This is a lot of changing rooms and procedures. It's a tedious procedure to register everyone on zoom and keep others waiting. How long was it? I assume the registration part happens in parallel, like maybe 5 or 10 at the same time, depending on how many agents there were.