App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 28-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-02-2017
I just got a letter asking for fingerprints. Getting them done tomorrow. Can this be updated onto the spreadsheet?

Can someone who spends more time here give a guesstimate answer to this question ..... what's the most likely timeline for me being granted citizenship? I'm asking because my PR card expires in March 2022, I'm considering submitting a PR card renewal application now but I'm reluctant to if I'll only have the new card for a few weeks before cutting it up due to being granted citizenship. However, I don't want to be without a means of travelling back into Canada for too long .... my dad is 83 and lives overseas. I'm over 55 so I shouldn't need citizenship test or language proficiency. I submitted my application at the end of July 2020.

I know its only an educated guess but I'd be grateful for some insights, thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I just got a letter asking for fingerprints. Getting them done tomorrow. Can this be updated onto the spreadsheet?

Can someone who spends more time here give a guesstimate answer to this question ..... what's the most likely timeline for me being granted citizenship? I'm asking because my PR card expires in March 2022, I'm considering submitting a PR card renewal application now but I'm reluctant to if I'll only have the new card for a few weeks before cutting it up due to being granted citizenship. However, I don't want to be without a means of travelling back into Canada for too long .... my dad is 83 and lives overseas. I'm over 55 so I shouldn't need citizenship test or language proficiency. I submitted my application at the end of July 2020.

I know its only an educated guess but I'd be grateful for some insights, thanks.
Updated. 2020 applicants are being scheduled oath anytime between September 2021 and February 2022. So, there is a chance you might end up somewhere in the middle (say December 2021 or Jan 2022). If I were you, I'd always keep my PR card valid.

andrews65

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 28-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-02-2017
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
I know. I'm just tired handing over money to further these dual PR card and citizenship processes.
Hi, My PR card would have expired in late October of this year but with COVID and anticipated delays I actually applied for my citizenship and a new PR card together in July 2020 as I had all the paperwork together at the same time already. I got my new PR card in October 2020 and like most people in this thread, I'm still waiting for movement on citizenship. So in the end it was a good decision for me. I would check the wait times for a PR card currently. If they seem reasonable then I might wait another 2-4 months see if you get a decision made/oath date and if nothing happens, be safe and submit a card renewal application maybe the first week of December (depending on processing times). I have a sick parent in a foreign country so like you, I needed to make sure I had a travel option.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Go ahead and renew it. The processing time for PR renewal is going up. In the last 6 weeks it went from 90 days to 126 days now (in reality it takes more than that), and the expectation for it is to go up more with the Afghans' crisis. No one knows when you are done with the citizenship. Even if you get it before your renewed PR card, you can cancel it. It only cost you $50 + mailing fees to renew the card.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
today's oath ceremony in which I took oath was organized by kitchener office. Only 3 applicants were from Windsor and rest of all were from kitchner
Hey I can see in your signature that you requested urgent processing; How did they inform you that your request is accepted? We submitted a request since 10 days; no response so far.

Canadian newcomer

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Hey I can see in your signature that you requested urgent processing; How did they inform you that your request is accepted? We submitted a request since 10 days; no response so far.
Yes, I'd be interested to know also. Do they call? I read somewhere that no response means they are processing it normally.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Either the officer will directly reach out to you through email or call once your request is transferred to local office.

After 1 week of transfer of your request to the local office, you can call IRCC and they can tell you the status of your UP request.

In my case, the officer reached out to me directly with her concerns and once she was satisfied, only then she approved my UP request.

Reactions: Hanan22

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Either the officer will directly reach out to you through email or call once your request is transferred to local office.

After 1 week of transfer of your request to the local office, you can call IRCC and they can tell you the status of your UP request.

In my case, the officer reached out to me directly with her concerns and once she was satisfied, only then she approved my UP request.
My experience was a little different. The officer called me and she had already decided to grant UP. Right off the bat, she mentioned that she is approving the UP request and the application. She also told me the earliest date available for oath is August 23rd and confirmed if I'll be available on that date.

Reactions: Hanan22

Canadian newcomer

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
My experience was a little different. The officer called me and she had already decided to grant UP. Right off the bat, she mentioned that she is approving the UP request and the application. She also told me the earliest date available for oath is August 23rd and confirmed if I'll be available on that date.
How long did you wait between getting that call and putting the request in?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
How long did you wait between getting that call and putting the request in?
I sent one request via webform and the other one via mail. I think the one I sent via mail was refused and the one I sent via webform was approved. I'm not sure, I'm waiting for GCMS notes to confirm that.

Either way, it took them less than a week to approve it.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Quick question: I'm almost at 3 months since my test was completed. I might have a job opportunity in Europe. Would I be able to accept that role and become a resident in the EU and start working there while my citizenship is still pending? Or must I physically remain in Canada and be a resident until my oath ceremony? Thanks.

Canadian newcomer

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Quick question: I'm almost at 3 months since my test was completed. I might have a job opportunity in Europe. Would I be able to accept that role and become a resident in the EU and start working there while my citizenship is still pending? Or must I physically remain in Canada and be a resident until my oath ceremony? Thanks.
You can go, but be aware that you need to be here for the Oath ceremony. So if you get that email for the Oath ceremony, you'll either need to come back or postpone until you can.
Remember, you have to cut up your PR card in the ceremony, so if you leave to go back before you get your Canadian passport, you'll need to apply for one abroad before coming back in to Canada. And, you need the Canadian citizenship certificate to apply for the passport too. A lot to consider.

I'd go if the opportunity is great, no point putting your life on hold. But, just have in the back of your mind, you'd need to come back and at least until you get the citizenship certificate. So probably need to be here for at least a month.

Reactions: Mutenye

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
You can leave. You can plan to come to take oath. Just few days trip. Some moved out and coming to attend oath.
You dont need to wait for certificate as you can ask someone to post it via fedex/ups.

Reactions: Mutenye