+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

Canadian newcomer

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Yes in New portal it shows all completed and date but in ecas it didn't show me any date
Me too! So don't worry. Maybe for some it shows a date, but in the new portal you will see a date for sure.

One thing I did learn today though, is that in the new portal it will show 'in progress' first for the oath and then give you a date.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I do not know how to call from here as IRRC does not accept calls done outside of Canada.
How can they restrict a call from outside Canada? It doesn't rings or it rejects you right away? If it doesn't work you can get a temp local Canada number and call them.

citcan

Aug 28, 2021
Vancouver
Me too! So don't worry. Maybe for some it shows a date, but in the new portal you will see a date for sure.

One thing I did learn today though, is that in the new portal it will show 'in progress' first for the oath and then give you a date.
How long did you see the Citzenship Ceremony 'in progress' for before you then got a date for the oath ceremony?

Canadian newcomer

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
How long did you see the Citzenship Ceremony 'in progress' for before you then got a date for the oath ceremony?

it hasn't happened for me yet. I am just going off what I've read on the forum. I would be interested to hear about the timeline for other though. The google doc, seems to have missing information, so not very accurate. I guess some people forget to update.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

it hasn't happened for me yet. I am just going off what I've read on the forum. I would be interested to hear about the timeline for other though. The google doc, seems to have missing information, so not very accurate. I guess some people forget to update.
Usually, Citizenship Ceremony is set to "In Progress" and then to "Scheduled" back to back and so you'll see the date immediately after ceremony is set to "In Progress". However, some applicants are now reporting that ceremony is set to "In Progress" but it hasn't been set to "Scheduled" yet. Might take a few weeks to get a date if you don't already have one, I guess.

Canadian newcomer

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Usually, Citizenship Ceremony is set to "In Progress" and then to "Scheduled" back to back and so you'll see the date immediately after ceremony is set to "In Progress". However, some applicants are now reporting that ceremony is set to "In Progress" but it hasn't been set to "Scheduled" yet. Might take a few weeks to get a date if you don't already have one, I guess.

That makes sense, thank you.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

citcan

Aug 28, 2021
Vancouver
Thanks, that's what has happened to me. Ceremony changed to in progress on 30 July and still waiting for scheduled date. Patience is the key I guess :)