+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

E10452

Jan 6, 2017
Hi @rajkamalmohanram , just a quick enquiry regarding the oath invitation email .
from what you noticed , is it happening 2-3 months after test has been updated to ‘complete’ ; or 2-3 months after all sections on new tracker are set to ‘ complete ‘ and ECAS status is set to ‘ decision made’ ?
Because in my case,
-June 18th, The test has been updated to ‘ complete ‘
-July 23rd all sections are completed except oath and ECAS is ‘ decision made ‘ .
Based on your review ,The expected wait time will be around ….?
And do you see any movement for Montreal office ?
many thanks for your feedback :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi @rajkamalmohanram , just a quick enquiry regarding the oath invitation email .
from what you noticed , is it happening 2-3 months after test has been updated to ‘complete’ ; or 2-3 months after all sections on new tracker are set to ‘ complete ‘ and ECAS status is set to ‘ decision made’ ?
Because in my case,
-June 18th, The test has been updated to ‘ complete ‘
-July 23rd all sections are completed except oath and ECAS is ‘ decision made ‘ .
Based on your review ,The expected wait time will be around ….?
And do you see any movement for Montreal office ?
many thanks for your feedback :)
It varies. The ballpark figure I post is 3 - 5 months from the date when the test was set to "Completed". This is NOT for the oath invitation email, this ballpark timeline is for the oath notification on the dashboard.

Currently, 2020 applicants are being scheduled for oath in October, November and December (2 to 4 months in the future). The oath email will be sent only a week or two before the ceremony.

If you want to see some stats on the processing times, check the spreadsheet (link in my signature, towards the bottom).

Good luck!

Reactions: E10452

E10452

Jan 6, 2017
It varies. The ballpark figure I post is 3 - 5 months from the date when the test was set to "Completed". This is NOT for the oath invitation email, this ballpark timeline is for the oath notification on the dashboard.

Currently, 2020 applicants are being scheduled for oath in October, November and December (2 to 4 months in the future). The oath email will be sent only a week or two before the ceremony.

If you want to see some stats on the processing times, check the spreadsheet (link in my signature, towards the bottom).

Good luck!
Awesome , thank you so much for your feedback !

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rebel87

Aug 3, 2021
My citizenship test status still shows In progress but looks like they removed that last update where they asked to complete the test on Aug 30th
This is soo confusing.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
My citizenship test status still shows In progress but looks like they removed that last update where they asked to complete the test on Aug 30th
This is soo confusing.
Seems you are given a retest. Possibly a problem during first test.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Awesome , thank you so much for your feedback !
Hi @E10452

I too from Montreal and application location is Montreal too.

My Test was completed on 26th of June and subsequently status of all except got completed on June 29th. Since then quite and no updates.

Seems it's taking time in Montreal office. Not even sure if they have 2019 leftovers and started 2020 applicants.

Reactions: E10452

E10452

Jan 6, 2017
Hi @E10452

I too from Montreal and application location is Montreal too.

My Test was completed on 26th of June and subsequently status of all except got completed on June 29th. Since then quite and no updates.

Seems it's taking time in Montreal office. Not even sure if they have 2019 leftovers and started 2020 applicants.
Hopefully we won’t have to wait a lot for the oath . Don’t know how fast is Montreal office nowadays … but fingers crossed

zi

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Hi everyone, I am July 2020 applicant from Vancouver. No update after April 23. Background check is completed and rest are in progress while test and oath showing not started yet. I was wondering is there is anyone from Vancouver area in the same situation.

flyingpbandj

Jan 31, 2018
Coquitlam, BC
Hi everyone, I am July 2020 applicant from Vancouver. No update after April 23. Background check is completed and rest are in progress while test and oath showing not started yet. I was wondering is there is anyone from Vancouver area in the same situation.
Plenty of people from the Vancouver office waiting I think... I'm not a July applicant but an October 2020 applicant, and I've been trying to keep an eye on invite requests for Vancouver applicants and they seem to be inviting March and April applicants at the moment... still a pretty long wait for us!

zi

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Plenty of people from the Vancouver office waiting I think... I'm not a July applicant but an October 2020 applicant, and I've been trying to keep an eye on invite requests for Vancouver applicants and they seem to be inviting March and April applicants at the moment... still a pretty long wait for us!
Thanks for your reply. Your answer is great satisfaction as it seems to be a routine delay and nothing unusual.