+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
In my opinion, I feel you got lot of problems with Canada and its considerably small job market.I feel there are a lot of other countries with better job opportunities why don't you consider moving where you think the grass is more green? You moved to Canada bcoz it was easy and within your reach.. Prove yourself and you will find opportunities almost anywhere you go. Just Stop whining buddy!
I am not whining buddy. I am stating facts. Some members don't [want to] see the struggle of immigrants, and then say that they shouldn't leave Canada at any cost after they get their citizenship, or to leave before they get their citizenship although they are eligible. People will hide their intentions and then leave. Or we can talk about why they leave. It seems to me both are not allowed for some members in these forums. You should not leave Canada, and you should not say anything negative about Canada from our perspective as immigrants to address these negatives. The settlement process in Canada is not very good. There is no enough help for them to get jobs. The chances are not equal for everyone.

The proper channels you mentioned are not effective channels. No one respond to those emails or messages on Twitter. Be realistic.

Reactions: novascotia27

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Hello All,

I am done with the test and waiting for oath invitation. What happens if I change my province now?
If you change province, your citizenship process will take a long time.

If you dont change your province, your citizenship process will take a long time.

Dont plan your life around IRCC. Move if you want to.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Well now I am confused. A lot of pro IRCC and anti-complainer people here tell me that IRCC agents constantly read these forums, get angry about the complaints and retaliate on applicants. Which is it? :D

I agree the choice is theirs.
If IRCC allocates resources to spy on us here, then we know for sure why they are so effective in processing our application :rolleyes:

gc124

Nov 13, 2013
This is frustrating. The test status has been changed to completed on June 24th. Now I have received another update ...
"You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on August 30, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you." I don't know what is going on.

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I think the problem is that most of us when we immigrate see Canada as the perfect world to move to. Bureaucratic delays although minor does leave a sour taste and is reminiscent of the places where we immigrated from. I see protesting and complaining about these issues as patriotic and only way to get to improvement on these matters. A lot of people end up leaving because not everyone will be able to get the opportunities/life they want out of this place. It isn't perfect and it isn't for everybody but not a bad place overall to live your life.
I couldn't have said it better. Balanced, precise and concise

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I am not whining buddy. I am stating facts. Some members don't [want to] see the struggle of immigrants, and then say that they shouldn't leave Canada at any cost after they get their citizenship, or to leave before they get their citizenship although they are eligible. People will hide their intentions and then leave. Or we can talk about why they leave. It seems to me both are not allowed for some members in these forums. You should not leave Canada, and you should not say anything negative about Canada from our perspective as immigrants to address these negatives. The settlement process in Canada is not very good. There is no enough help for them to get jobs. The chances are not equal for everyone.

The proper channels you mentioned are not effective channels. No one respond to those emails or messages on Twitter. Be realistic.
You know what, I hated the place where I was born and brought up so I moved to Canada coz I felt it was better and more suitable for me. Similarly if these people don't like the Canada's settlement process and feel they are being ignored these individuals can move on to countries better suited for them based on there capabilities, qualifications, skills etc.
Leaving or staying in Canada is a personal choice no one can tell you what you should or shouldn't do.

Reactions: novascotia27

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
You know what, I hated the place where I was born and brought up so I moved to Canada coz I felt it was better and more suitable for me. Similarly if these people don't like the Canada's settlement process and feel they are being ignored these individuals can move on to countries better suited for them based on there capabilities, qualifications, skills etc.
Leaving or staying in Canada is a personal choice no one can tell you what you should or shouldn't do.
So why are you arguing with me if it's a personal choice, which I agree 100% with? What I do after I get my citizenship is my personal choice. I responded to some members who keep saying no it's not a personal choice. You SHOULD stay in Canada if you get your citizenship REGARDLESS of what you get out of Canada. Here where I have a problem. If you want people to stay, then address their issues and concerns. Otherwise, don't mandate what they can and cannot do. People want to stay, I am sure, but if the conditions are not favorable for them, they will leave.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
If you dont like free speech and love red tape, there are plenty of countries you can move to.

rebel87

Aug 3, 2021
This is frustrating. The test status has been changed to completed on June 24th. Now I have received another update ...
"You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on August 30, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you." I don't know what is going on.
Your test status still shows as Completed or did it change to In progress ?

And how about ECAS status ?

gc124

Nov 13, 2013
It was changed after they rescheduled the test, or before?
The status was changed from completed to in progress last week. And today there is an update on the tracker for the reschedule.
You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on August 30, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

• Wow

rebel87

Aug 3, 2021
The status was changed from completed to in progress last week. And today there is an update on the tracker for the reschedule.
You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on August 30, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
What about your ECAS status ?

I submitted a web form yesterday asking them why my status was changed to in progress from completed.. I will let you know once I hear back from them

gc124

Nov 13, 2013
What about your ECAS status ?

I submitted a web form yesterday asking them why my status was changed to in progress from completed.. I will let you know once I hear back from them
It's still in progress in ECAS. Do you have the same situation? I'm trying to call IRCC but can't get through...