+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

rodrash007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Hi @rajkamalmohanram I submitted a webform and got a response that the Mississauga office did not receive my passport copies yet. I am surprised as I had sent 2 emails to them. I remember you had a similar experience so is it better to resend via email (not sure what will be different this time) or is it better to submit via the webform and have them forward it to the office?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi @rajkamalmohanram I submitted a webform and got a response that the Mississauga office did not receive my passport copies yet. I am surprised as I had sent 2 emails to them. I remember you had a similar experience so is it better to resend via email (not sure what will be different this time) or is it better to submit via the webform and have them forward it to the office?
I am sure they received it. Surely we know that webform in most cases dont get synced since the emails need to be attended and linked before cic central can see it.
So you should be fine except that usual waiting time is required for every step.

Reactions: rodrash007

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I did resend it via email once and another time via webform. I got a response about 8 - 10 days via webform and it said my files were sent to the office. The next day, I called IRCC and the agent confirmed the passport copies were received.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I don't think you are getting my point. I understand that people are frustrated with wait times that are getting longer, however to say people will want to "run" away is ludicrous. It is just a statement that seems to indicate that people will want to run away when they don't get what they want when they want it. We are all permanent residents of this country with all the benefits of Canadian citizens except the ability for some high level government jobs and the ability to hold a Canadian passport, so if it takes a little longer for a citizenship application, what difference does it make? As to why Canada prioritizes others but not spousal sponsorships, I do not know but citizenship applications are probably not a priority as we are all here and have 99% of benefits of citizenship already. Yes, we pay taxes but so does everyone so what is your point? It is the sense of entitlement that I am saying is disgraceful not the frustration about wait times.
You posted almost exactly the same response else where. You either a bot or hired to speak robotically without any broad considerations to humans who have left their countries, parents, siblings and relatives to come and live in Canada by sacrificing everything. Canada didn't open itself for us because of the goodness of its heart. Canada needs us. Without immigrants this country will be transformed to a 3rd world country in 10 years. I worked in a tech company where 95% of the work force were immigrants. But what Canada expects from us is to be submissive slaves who cannot speak or object on anything. If you are truly an immigrant with a PR status, then you probably don't know how difficult it is to settle in Canada as an immigrant. Truth be told, if other countries gave citizenships as easy as Canada, you wouldn't see many immigrants in Canada. The job market in Canada is very small and stagnant. Even Canadians leave Canada to the US and Europe. To live in Canada as a skilled worker immigrant (especially immigrants of color), you have to take low skilled jobs like stacking shelves in stores or drive Uber. Canada's best bet is to settle new immigrants with decent jobs to stay. Otherwise, they will leave. But even then it's not a total loss. They will most likely consider getting back to Canada and settle once they have the chance. You cannot make Canada home to highly skilled workers by offering them low skilled jobs, and by expecting them to be submissive slaves with shut mouths.

Last edited:

rodrash007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
I am sure they received it. Surely we know that webform in most cases dont get synced since the emails need to be attended and linked before cic central can see it.
So you should be fine except that usual waiting time is required for every step.
Agreed, but it was close to a month since sending it and I dont want the deadline to expire without getting a sense of whether they have received or not. Since there is a deadline I expect them to go through their emails and get that information synced within that timeframe. I am now cutting close and still not sure if they will get these documents even after 2 emails and 1 webform.

qvd2018

Jul 21, 2021
I've added you to the spreadsheet.

File still in Sydney is weird (that too after a passed BG check). Have you ordered GCMS notes to see what's going on? Sometimes, webform / call center responses are not accurate. I'd suggest you order GCMS notes and check the "File Transfer History" to see what's going on.
Just wanted to share an update. I've ordered GCMS notes and am still waiting to get them. ETA ~15 more days. In the meantime, I received a response to my web query. This is their answer: "The Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, has received your application. Your application has not been transferred to the local office yet." followed by the usual stock text.

This seems to confirm what the agent on the phone had told me previously.

I'm really baffled that the file hasn't been transferred to the local office yet even though BG is marked completed.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just wanted to share an update. I've ordered GCMS notes and am still waiting to get them. ETA ~15 more days. In the meantime, I received a response to my web query. This is their answer: "The Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, has received your application. Your application has not been transferred to the local office yet." followed by the usual stock text.

This seems to confirm what the agent on the phone had told me previously.

I'm really baffled that the file hasn't been transferred to the local office yet even though BG is marked completed.
Yeah, this isn't a situation that anyone would want to be in. I'm sorry.

Hopefully, you'll see some updates soon.

Wish you all the very best!

Reactions: qvd2018

alexander_Schwartz

Apr 17, 2014
I don't know which country you are from, but in a democracy like Canada, criticizing inefficient bureaucracy is not the same as 'condemning the nation'.
I am not saying that criticizing bureaucracy is the same as 'condemning the nation." I was stating that the poster's comments in their entirety were. For someone that wants to be a Canadian citizen, they surely find a lot of fault with this country. If they are so unhappy, why not move elsewhere? I was commenting on the poster's sense of entitlement; nothing more.

What difference does it matter where I am from? I am not bringing my own country's issues into play.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
I am not saying that criticizing bureaucracy is the same as 'condemning the nation." I was stating that the poster's comments in their entirety were. For someone that wants to be a Canadian citizen, they surely find a lot of fault with this country. If they are so unhappy, why not move elsewhere?
Hi,

You really need to read what people write. Who is unhappy?

I mentioned probably 3 or 4 times that yes i am unhappy with delays and how it is processed

alexander_Schwartz

Apr 17, 2014
Hi,

You really need to read what people write. Who is unhappy?

I mentioned probably 3 or 4 times that yes i am unhappy with delays and how it is processed
I do read what people write. The original poster clearly is unhappy in Canada as they want to "run" away and feel others will too. Perhaps you should read in more depth what they are saying

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
I do read what people write. The original poster clearly is unhappy in Canada as they want to "run" away and feel others will too. Perhaps you should read in more depth what they are saying
What should be criteria to proof the person won't run away or is happy in Canada? By drinking Tim's everyday or sleeping outside on cold ice or given blood to canadian blood bank or roaming shirtless in summers?

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
I am not saying that criticizing bureaucracy is the same as 'condemning the nation." I was stating that the poster's comments in their entirety were. For someone that wants to be a Canadian citizen, they surely find a lot of fault with this country. If they are so unhappy, why not move elsewhere? I was commenting on the poster's sense of entitlement; nothing more.

What difference does it matter where I am from? I am not bringing my own country's issues into play.
If you are so triggered by immigrants demanding better services, maybe you should be on Stormfront or some other similar forum, just saying.