File Transfer...
20 Sep 2015
Med's Request
3 June ,2016
Med's Done....
14 June 2016
Passport Req..
22-07-2016
I emailed ottawa at the address they sent my test invite and received an automated response that said my asking for an update was delaying everyone and to wait... That was 3 weeks ago. I signed the petition above also... I'm not sure what else to do really
thanks for your reply,
How long you are waiting for oath ceremony, and when you pass the test and update test completed

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
thanks for your reply,
How long you are waiting for oath ceremony, and when you pass the test and update test completed
passed test june 15th updated june 22. Everything else completed November 2. So been waiting over 6 months for the oath...

rmaity

Jun 30, 2016
Hi Guys today I found in my portal oath ceremony is scheduled for May 30th but we did not received any email about that, how long it will take to get the email? thanks

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi Guys today I found in my portal oath ceremony is scheduled for May 30th but we did not received any email about that, how long it will take to get the email? thanks
You won't get an email until the week of the ceremony. Congrats.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi Everyone,

After several unsuccessful attempts to submit an interest to sponsor my parent, I decided to do a major research paper for my final thesis on the current lottery system implemented by IRCC and recommend better policies that would factor in the duration of time that an applicant has been a permanent resident or citizen. Who knows if IRCC will ever come across my final paper and use some of the suggested policies. I have created a short questionnaire to help with the studies and will really appreciate if you could take few minutes of your time to answer the questions in the link below. Thank you so much for your time!

https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/YD6VJ8K
Your question about education attainment in Canada should have an option for outside Canada. I have no degree in Canada but plenty from outside for example.

Reactions: Funtty

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
thanks for your reply,
Response from IRCC Ottawa to my email:

Good day,
Thank you for following up on your citizenship application with IRCC. I have sent your request to the ceremony team. However note that it might take up to 6-10 weeks to get an invitation for oath ceremony. Please continue to monitor your email (including your “junk” or “spam” folder) for your notice to appear.
Thank you for your understanding

Najabad14

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12,2015
Doc's Request.
22Feb 2016, 23 March 2016, 24 June 2016
File Transfer...
20 Sep 2015
Med's Request
3 June ,2016
Med's Done....
14 June 2016
Passport Req..
22-07-2016
Response from IRCC Ottawa to my email:

Good day,
Thank you for following up on your citizenship application with IRCC. I have sent your request to the ceremony team. However note that it might take up to 6-10 weeks to get an invitation for oath ceremony. Please continue to monitor your email (including your “junk” or “spam” folder) for your notice to appear.
Thank you for your understanding
please share the email ID of IRCC.
And congrats for the oath ceremony.
Thanks

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
please share the email ID of IRCC.
And congrats for the oath ceremony.
Thanks
Hi,

There's no congratulations here. I don't have an oath, just a response saying I might get invited in the next 2-3 months! By ID what do you mean? I just wrote to the same address they sent me the test invite from and it was signed by IRCC Ottawa.

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi All, Oath was done on Apr 30 but haven't received citizenship certificate .I contacted Mississauga Office and they replied that certificate was mailed on May 3 with regular mail ( ~ it takes 1-3 business days) .How can they do for such an important letter.

My concern is , what if it would have got lost in transit ..a week for a letter from Missauga to Brampton. What can I do..Please advise.

I have to travel as soon as I get my passport.

Anybody else faced this ?

Smff20

Aug 12, 2021
Hi All, Oath was done on Apr 30 but haven't received citizenship certificate .I contacted Mississauga Office and they replied that certificate was mailed on May 3 with regular mail ( ~ it takes 1-3 business days) .How can they do for such an important letter.

My concern is , what if it would have got lost in transit ..a week for a letter from Missauga to Brampton. What can I do..Please advise.

I have to travel as soon as I get my passport.

Anybody else faced this ?
Had my oath same day in Mississauga and got my certificate 2 days ago. They did mention that they use standard mail during the ceremony and in the pdf attached with your oath invitation. That said, if you live in a condo, check with your concierge or post box because it might have been delivered there. I would wait another few days and see if they deliver.

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Had my oath same day in Mississauga and got my certificate 2 days ago. They did mention that they use standard mail during the ceremony and in the pdf attached with your oath invitation. That said, if you live in a condo, check with your concierge or post box because it might have been delivered there. I would wait another few days and see if they deliver.
ok thanks..I can wait for few more days ...lets hope for the best ..bcz u know getting a duplicate copy is pain ..m in rush bcz I would have to travel( official) mid of june..

And I assume you are in GTA ..Is it ?

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes

Smff20

Aug 12, 2021
ok thanks..I can wait for few more days ...lets hope for the best ..bcz u know getting a duplicate copy is pain ..m in rush bcz I would have to travel( official) mid of june..

And I assume you are in GTA ..Is it ?
Yes I'm also in GTA area. All the best and I hope it arrives soon.