+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

Sep 28, 2021
1-888-242-2100 keep trying... Don't wait untill every part of recording is over just press the option you are looking for.

I am not sure if that can be any help. In the past 2 months, I have been calling them almost on a bi-weekly basis. They don't have anything much to share. now they say that we don't have any timelines for approving applications, sending out oath invites etc.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
That is very true.. IRC is very forgetful these days they never sent me AOR nor any test invite. I'm totally depended on the online tracker.
Since you have the tracker you can get your app number it is under your information. So you have everything you need. Good luck

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I am not sure if that can be any help. In the past 2 months, I have been calling them almost on a bi-weekly basis. They don't have anything much to share. now they say that we don't have any timelines for approving applications, sending out oath invites etc.
That's very true. First Covid now situation in Afghanistan. Not sure what's next? Hope we all get out of this real soon and never look back at IRCC again.

Reactions: Radium

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
One of my friend’s friend got his oath scheduled for March 2022. It cancelled recently and now scheduled for next week. The test was taken like in February 2021. So they are rescheduling oaths.

Reactions: Hanan22

pg27

Jan 31, 2016
Hi Victor,
I hope you are doing well and safe.
I'm glad to hear about your test invite.

My file is also with Fredericton office as per last gcms notes, but I moved to ON. I assume my file should be still with Fredericton office as it was transferred there in middle of Aug.

I saw in one of your post that you might also have moved to BC. Can you provide me some insight on whether you applied for gcms and where it was showing your file in recent notes, did you receive test invite from Fredericton or BC office?

Thanks and fingers crossed!

Hi. I got an invitation for the test today too. Good luck to you

andrews65

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 28-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-02-2017
I got "Background verification status has been updated to Completed" on September 27th

Reactions: Hanan22

Lyse

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
File Transfer...
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2017
Hi there, my experience was as follows:
- Once I joined the meeting, they put me in a waiting room.
-After this, I was sent to the main meeting room with all applicants (45 in total) and IRCC agents and clerk. They did the introduction, played a video of Canada and explained what the ceremony would consist of.
- Soon after I was sent to a breakout room with a few applicants all of us in mute. Several minutes later, an IRCC agent sent me to another room (just myself) to register. I had to show my 2 pieces of ID on camera and confirm my mailing address. She asked me if I needed to travel urgently and I said no.
-After registration, I was sent to another breakout room with all other applicants. All of us in mute. We were just waiting for everyone else to get registered.
- Once everyone was registered, they sent us to the main room with the IRCC clerk and the judge. They confirmed everyone was registered and the judge proceeded to speak. We then proceeded to cite the oath (in English and French), so we all had to unmute ourselves. They made emphasis that they had to listen all of us for that moment and our right hands raised. I guess there were agents monitoring everyone was doing so. We then proceeded to sing O Canada (some parts in English and some parts in French) again all of us had to be unmuted for this.
- After this, the closing part and if you wanted you could take a picture with the judge afterwards. I had to wait on a breakout room several more minutes until she saw me. And that was it!
Thank you so much for the elaborate explanation!
Did you all have to swear the oath and sing O Canada at the same time?

ViktorG

Sep 14, 2020
Hi Victor,
I hope you are doing well and safe.
I'm glad to hear about your test invite.

My file is also with Fredericton office as per last gcms notes, but I moved to ON. I assume my file should be still with Fredericton office as it was transferred there in middle of Aug.

I saw in one of your post that you might also have moved to BC. Can you provide me some insight on whether you applied for gcms and where it was showing your file in recent notes, did you receive test invite from Fredericton or BC office?

Thanks and fingers crossed!
Hi,

I am doing well. Hope things are going good for you. Yes, we have moved to BC. I called IRCC a few months ago to update my personal information. I got my invitation for the test from BC office.

ViktorG

Sep 14, 2020
Guys,

Next day after invitation for the test, I got a request from IRCC for 'scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period are required'. Is it a good sign? Those documents were a part of my application package for citizenship

Also, should I send my Ukrainian passport?

Thank you

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Guys,

Next day after invitation for the test, I got a request from IRCC for 'scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period are required'. Is it a good sign? Those documents were a part of my application package for citizenship

Also, should I send my Ukrainian passport?

Thank you
Ho Viktor

It is a good sign, not all people get request for passport pages.

Yes you should send Закордонний Паспорт, not Паспорт Громадянина України.

Make sure stamps are readable in english or french. If not you might need to translate them. For example, Turkish stamps are only in Turkish language

Thank you

Anton