+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Brother i gave my test on june 7 my everything change to complete on August 3rd and decision made on same day did u have any guess when i will recive my oath
Based on the current oath timelines of mid/late 2020 applicants, it seems to me that you might receive your oath sometime in the December 2021 to March 2022 window. I hope you receive it at the earliest though.

Good luck.

Kanusaab22

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Based on the current oath timelines of mid/late 2020 applicants, it seems to me that you might receive your oath sometime in the December 2021 to March 2022 window. I hope you receive it at the earliest though.

Good luck.
Yea because they recive my file on june 3 2020 last year and everything change to complete on August 3rd 2021 no oath date yet

Om1280

Nov 1, 2016
1. Yes.
2. They made me cut the PR card in 4 pieces on camera.
3. I sent them the Affirmation of Oath form and they mailed the citizenship certificate. Since mine was Urgent Processing application, citizenship application was also expedited. I received my citizenship certificate yesterday.
4. Not sure but you can check with the clerk at the ceremony and ask them if they'll mail the certificate to a US address.

I have made a detailed post about my Virtual oath ceremony experience, in case you are interested =>

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/virtual-citizenship-ceremony-experience-raj.742497/

Great. Thank you. From oath until you got the citizenship certificate in the mail how long did it take?

Cheers.

Kanusaab22

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Great. Thank you. From oath until you got the citizenship certificate in the mail how long did it take?

Cheers.
Anyone with same timeline who gave test in june and everything changed to complete in auagust and oath ceremony not started yet mississauga office

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Cheers.
For me, it arrived the next day because it was expedited (because it was urgent processing). But usually, it can take between a week to a month to get the citizenship certificate.

Reactions: Om1280

Om1280

Nov 1, 2016
For me, it arrived the next day because it was expedited (because it was urgent processing). But usually, it can take between a week to a month to get the citizenship certificate.
Thank you. Sorry one more question, was it mailed by Canada Post or a Courrier?

I'm asking this because Canada Post has an option for mail forwarding for the people who move to U.S., and I can use this option (it's paid option).

Thanks again. I read your oath experience. You did a great job of explaining things in details. Cheers.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you. Sorry one more question, was it mailed by Canada Post or a Courrier?

I'm asking this because Canada Post has an option for mail forwarding for the people who move to U.S., and I can use this option (it's paid option).

Thanks again. I read your oath experience. You did a great job of explaining things in details. Cheers.
For me, they sent it via Purolator.

Reactions: Om1280

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
I am a July applicant from Ottawa. Still don't get my test invitation!! Is there anyone stuck like me!! My Background check completed on February 24, 2021.

Jul 21, 2021
Your entry in the spreadsheet is incomplete. Could you please provide the date you received the test invite email and the date you took the test? Thanks.

"Decision Made" means that the application is approved. Oath ceremony will remain "Not started" until you get an oath notification on the dashboard. Could take a couple of months AFAIK.

Good luck!
Aug 9 - Test "In progress"
Aug 13 - Test Passed
Aug 17 - Test results updated to "Completed"
Aug 20 - Everything else set to "Completed"
Citizenship Ceremony - "Not started" yet
Now hoping to get the oath email soon:)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

kesav007

Jul 19, 2017
I sent my application on July 2nd 2020.

Application delivered July 06, 2020

AOR November 2, 2020
Background completed February 22 2021

After that no update.
No movement from 6 months. Not sure what's going on.

kesav007

Jul 19, 2017
Hello everyone,
I am a July applicant from Ottawa. Still don't get my test invitation!! Is there anyone stuck like me!! My Background check completed on February 24, 2021.
I am from ottawa too. My background check was completed on February 22, 2021.

No update after that

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hello everyone,
Hi,

Applied from Ottawa in July 2020 and completed my test in mid June 2021. After my profile was updated to test completed on June 23, I've heard nothing. Looking over the other Ottawa applicants in other months I would expect to get a DM in the next month. Our background checks completed almost the exact same day. Because of the timelines I would say you will be called to your test soon and once you've passed they'll probably update everything to DM so that they don't have to refund your application fee. If you are concerned or there were some complexities in your application, I would call them as you should have been called for a test by now in my opinion.

Kanusaab22

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Hi everyone
Anyone here from mississauga office who gave his/her test in june 2021 and in early august everythibg changed to complete expect oath and ecas shows decision made

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Hi,

Applied from Ottawa in July 2020 and completed my test in mid June 2021. After my profile was updated to test completed on June 23, I've heard nothing. Looking over the other Ottawa applicants in other months I would expect to get a DM in the next month. Our background checks completed almost the exact same day. Because of the timelines I would say you will be called to your test soon and once you've passed they'll probably update everything to DM so that they don't have to refund your application fee. If you are concerned or there were some complexities in your application, I would call them as you should have been called for a test by now in my opinion.
What do you mean by "so that they don't have to refund your application fee"? tnx