+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
What do mean "call you for interview"? Do you mean I will receive a phone call anytime without email notification/update? What would be the number showing on the phone?
By 'call' I meant invite you for an interview & you will get a notification beforehand, don't worry. Apologies if that caused any confusion.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Hello Guys. I checked the status if my app and it still shows last updated 23rd April. Any one in the same position?
Mine, last update is Apr 23rd. I called them yesterday and they told me that my file is in transient to the local office.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Those of you who were requested to provide passport page copies with the stamps, did you guys submit all the passport pages with your initial application or just the bio page of your passport?

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Those of you who were requested to provide passport page copies with the stamps, did you guys submit all the passport pages with your initial application or just the bio page of your passport?
It should say it on the instructions btw. I think the reason they request the copy is to verify the stamps on your passport. Just do all the pages (even if blank) to be on the safe side.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
in what case does an interview would not be conducted and replaced by an oath instead
just curious
It won't be replaced by oath. It will be replaced by waiting time to get an oath invitation.

As of late, the interviews are being cancelled and IRCC is simply requesting applicants to send all pages of the passport via email.

Once you do that, you'll have to wait for your other statuses to be completed (except oath). Oath will then be scheduled.

Given the current backlogs, expect 3 - 5 months of wait for oath from the date when test is set to "Completed".

Reactions: james_saudade

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Could someone please add my profile in spreadsheet and share spreadsheet link? Thanks

App Type: Family (5 applicants)
Physical Presence Days: 1192
App Sent: 10-JUL-2020
App Delivered: 16-JUL-2020
AOR: 12-NOV-2020
In-Progress:18-JAN-2021
Test Email:09-JUN-2021
Test Date: 17-JUN-2021
Interview Invite:
Interview Date:
Decision Made:
Oath Invite:
Oath Date:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date: 02-MAR-2021
Citizenship Test "Completed" date: 21-JUN-2021
Prohibitions, Language and Residency "Completed" date: IN PROGRESS
Added you to the spreadsheet.

Thank you for providing complete information in one go without making me ask multiple times. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: tahirmrao

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Mine, last update is Apr 23rd. I called them yesterday and they told me that my file is in transient to the local office.
If you call them tomorrow some other agent will say something else. Are you a PNP applicant? Coz I'm see a pattern with PNP applicants and people with very less absence during 5 year eligibility period that BG verification is taking long time to proces. I may be wrong but so far that's my observation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
That shouldn't matter IMO. People who submitted only bio pages (which is what is requested) OR all pages (overkill) with their initial citizenship application are equally prone to get this request. There is no immunity from this request for people who submitted all pages of the passport.

But people who submitted all pages of passport with the application can weigh in as well.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
If you call them tomorrow some other agent will say something else. Are you a PNP applicant? Coz I'm see a pattern with PNP applicants and people with very less absence during 5 year eligibility period that BG verification is taking long time to proces. I may be wrong but so far that's my observation.
I don't think being a PNP applicant has to do anything with your citizenship application.

I am a PNP applicant. Applied September 2nd, 2020 and my BG checks were completed on March 9th, 2021. I had an absence of 44 days from Canada since I became a PR in 2017. I am not sure if you would consider 44 days as 'less absence' .

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I don't think being a PNP applicant has to do anything with your citizenship application.

I am a PNP applicant. Applied September 2nd, 2020 and my BG checks were completed on March 9th, 2021. I had an absence of 44 days from Canada since I became a PR in 2017. I am not sure if you would consider 44 days as 'less absence' .
Seriously I think had heard somewhere that if the address on the both IDs provided at the time of citizenship application don't match it's another reason for RQ.

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
I agree with the agent part and most of them now try to pacify you so that you disconnect the call ASAP.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi, Passed my test on the 15th and my profile was updated 8 days later on June 23rd to citizenship test completed. That's for the Ottawa office. Just for those wondering on the time it takes between passing the test and then the test being verified and updated on the portal by the local office. Prohibitions, Language skills and Physical presence are still in progress with my background verification completed. Ceremony is not started.