July 2020 - Citizenship application

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update: Online application check shows test invites was sent for June 31st to 20. Haven't recieved the email yet, update was in May 25th.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Mpvzla

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-10-2017
Update: Online application check shows test invites was sent for June 31st to 20. Haven't recieved the email yet, update was in May 25th.
Congrats. Do you know what is your local processing office?

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Guys I am quite frustrated now almost everyone's has there background verification(BG) completed except me. I called IRCC few times but was told they were waiting for local office to complete the BG. can anyone please shed some light on my situation? Coz many of you are getting test invite after 90 days of there BG is completed. Please help

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
Guys I am quite frustrated now almost everyone's has there background verification(BG) completed except me. I called IRCC few times but was told they were waiting for local office to complete the BG. can anyone please shed some light on my situation? Coz many of you are getting test invite after 90 days of there BG is completed. Please help
Mine is not completed too :)

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I am in the same boat but I applied in april and background is in progress since Dec (almost 6 months). Based on my pr experience this is sign of conducting security screening which takes very long. So there are people waiting longer than you for this process. The call centre gave you incorrect info, BG starts in sydney office and security conducted by csis not your local office. Before covid this process could take up to 12-14 months, so be prepared for a long wait. I hope I am wrong but I am my file is in BG since December (6 months now). I suggest order GCMS notes from both IRCC and CSIS through ATIP. Order soon to know what’s going on since they have delays in sending these notes as well.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hi guys

Question for the future,

One of the stamps in passport is non English, it Is in Turkish when i visited Istanbul.

Will i need to worry about this?

All other staps are in English

Thank you

Anton

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I am in the same boat but I applied in april and background is in progress since Dec (almost 6 months). Based on my pr experience this is sign of conducting security screening which takes very long. So there are people waiting longer than you for this process. The call centre gave you incorrect info, BG starts in sydney office and security conducted by csis not your local office. Before covid this process could take up to 12-14 months, so be prepared for a long wait. I hope I am wrong but I am my file is in BG since December (6 months now). I suggest order GCMS notes from both IRCC and CSIS through ATIP. Order soon to know what’s going on since they have delays in sending these notes as well.
Thank-you very much for replying to my query. Just FYI I had a very smooth PR process never had anything out of timeframe.
Last time when I called I was was told that my application was in que to be accepted at my local office. Now when I again inquired after few weeks I was told that local office has accepted my application and has completed security but criminality check is still in process.
The same call center guy told me that once completeness check is done, application details entered into the system and AOR sent out it's all upto the local office which does the rest of the processing. Not sure how accurate is this information.
I applied for GCMS note last week and sent web form as well.. not sure how long it will take for them to respond.
Keep me updated...
Hope for the best!

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hi guys

Question for the future,

One of the stamps in passport is non English, it Is in Turkish when i visited Istanbul.

Thank you

Anton
Hi,
I just have a same sort of question. I have two stamps from Turkey & KSA in 2013 & 2015 which are not in English. Both of those stamps are on visa pages which is clearly showing 90 days & 30 days validity respectively for these countries. As both visas are not in eligibility period of 5 years so do I still need to get those translated? More over exit & entry stamps are available in English from UAE corresponding to those visits.
Ithanks.

DaisyFlower

Apr 30, 2021
Hi guys got my test invite yesterday via email.
TEST INVITE UPDATE
(28th May-17th June)

citizenship test status updated to In Progress
(Received email)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys got my test invite yesterday via email.
TEST INVITE UPDATE
(28th May-17th June)

citizenship test status updated to In Progress
(Received email)
Could you please provide your status in the following format so that I can add you to the tracker?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Invite:

From the new dashboard:

Date when BG was completed

Thanks!

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi guys

Question for the future,

Thank you

Anton
I don't think it should be an issue. I had stamps in my passport in all kinds of alphabets such as arabic and cyrillic etc. and had no issues with any of my applications so far to this point.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
I don't think it should be an issue. I had stamps in my passport in all kinds of alphabets such as arabic and cyrillic etc. and had no issues with any of my applications so far to this point.
Thank u for reply