+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

Om1280

Nov 1, 2016
Hello All,

1. Do you know which month is getting test invite? And when do you think July 2020 applicants should expect an invite?

2. I'm wondering how can I find out which office my application is sent to?

Thanks

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hello All,

1. Do you know which month is getting test invite? And when do you think July 2020 applicants should expect an invite?

2. I'm wondering how can I find out which office my application is sent to?

Thanks
Hi

1. It depends. You need to look at your office. For example saskatoon office gives invites to May 2020

2. Call cic or look at geographical location where u are from. For example i will not be sent to calgary, ab if i am from north battleford, sk (saskatoon is closer)

Hope that helps

Do you have link for tracker?

DaisyFlower

Apr 30, 2021
Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum- I submitted my citizenship application in July 2020 and its in process -last note online is " We started processing Jan 19, 2021). I check online religiously for a status update particularly for my PR Card renewal. IM SERIOUSLY GOING CRAZY

Now I made a mistake & submitted to envelopes to the same CPC Address(which happened to be correct) and i had marked each sealed envelope 1. citizenship 2. pr card renewal. The pr card application wasn't received/processed. Ive been trying to get in contact with CIC both on phone/ webforms and they have nothing on my application. I sent in a 2nd application in January with copy of the receipt and signed date Jan/2021(This application wasn't received/processed) Why? I dont know..yet it was confirmed received by Courier. I sent a 3rd one March/2021(Again its not received/processed). I did some research online/ found this forum and ordered my notes, contacted my MP who happens to be the MINISTER of IMMIGRATION. And guess what they told me...the 1st application was received- but they refunded it. And if i submitted my 2nd & 3rd applications with the same receipt..its going to be returned. Im spending money on passport pics +courier for a simple application to renew my card..just a card!!! i dont undertand this bureaucracy. I now have to wait for the application to be returned or start sending a 4th one.

Any advice on what i should do- given citizenship tests/ oath will be a while

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum- I submitted my citizenship application in July 2020 and its in process -last note online is " We started processing Jan 19, 2021). I check online religiously for a status update particularly for my PR Card renewal. IM SERIOUSLY GOING CRAZY

Now I made a mistake & submitted to envelopes to the same CPC Address(which happened to be correct) and i had marked each sealed envelope 1. citizenship 2. pr card renewal. The pr card application wasn't received/processed. Ive been trying to get in contact with CIC both on phone/ webforms and they have nothing on my application. I sent in a 2nd application in January with copy of the receipt and signed date Jan/2021(This application wasn't received/processed) Why? I dont know..yet it was confirmed received by Courier. I sent a 3rd one March/2021(Again its not received/processed). I did some research online/ found this forum and ordered my notes, contacted my MP who happens to be the MINISTER of IMMIGRATION. And guess what they told me...the 1st application was received- but they refunded it. And if i submitted my 2nd & 3rd applications with the same receipt..its going to be returned. Im spending money on passport pics +courier for a simple application to renew my card..just a card!!! i dont undertand this bureaucracy. I now have to wait for the application to be returned or start sending a 4th one.

Sorry to hwar your experience, but it is nobody to blame but yourself. Different departments have different PO boxes. Agent cannot send or deliver you application to different address. Again fee is only $50, pay and send to correct address

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Hi Guys,

What is the bureaucracy in this? This is your fault. How can you not have realized the first receipt had been refunded before sending the 2nd and 3rd applications?

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi Guys,

Hi, I applied for my PR card to be renewed the exact same day as my citizenship application was mailed which was early July. I knew my PR card might expire before citizenship came through. I had to send them as two separate packages (paid postage twice UPS) and applications even though they both went to the same address but a different PO Box. My PR card was renewed by October so it took around 10-12 weeks. They are separate offices in the same building. I think you just need to send it in again. At least it's faster than citizenship. As Anton said, it's kind of your fault unfortunately even though it's frustrating. I always remind myself that at least Canada actually has an Immigration system...my own country doesn't really so I'm just grateful.

Om1280

Nov 1, 2016
Hi

1. It depends. You need to look at your office. For example saskatoon office gives invites to May 2020

2. Call cic or look at geographical location where u are from. For example i will not be sent to calgary, ab if i am from north battleford, sk (saskatoon is closer)

Hope that helps

Do you have link for tracker?

Thank you, that is helpful. I'll call cic next week. I'm in Vaughan, Ontario. I don't have the link to the tracker, if you have access to it can you share the link please.

Thank you

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Reactions: Om1280

DaisyFlower

Apr 30, 2021
Hi, I applied for my PR card to be renewed the exact same day as my citizenship application was mailed which was early July. I knew my PR card might expire before citizenship came through. I had to send them as two separate packages (paid postage twice UPS) and applications even though they both went to the same address but a different PO Box. My PR card was renewed by October so it took around 10-12 weeks. They are separate offices in the same building. I think you just need to send it in again. At least it's faster than citizenship. As Anton said, it's kind of your fault unfortunately even though it's frustrating. I always remind myself that at least Canada actually has an Immigration system...my own country doesn't really so I'm just grateful.

Thank you, I sent 4th application with new receipt yesterday

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018

tahirmrao

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London - DRD
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-01-2015 PER
Med's Request
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
07-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2017
Hello, I'm July 2020 applicant. AOR November 2020. Processing Started Jan 2021.
Could anyone of you respond to below questions?

1. Who is required to complete finger prints before test. I have not received any finger prints request. Should I expect that before citizenship test, I will be receiving correspondence regarding finger prints?

2. Based on current trends, when should July 2020 applicants expect test invitations?

Thanks

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hello, I'm July 2020 applicant. AOR November 2020. Processing Started Jan 2021.
Could anyone of you respond to below questions?

1. Who is required to complete finger prints before test. I have not received any finger prints request. Should I expect that before citizenship test, I will be receiving correspondence regarding finger prints?

2. Based on current trends, when should July 2020 applicants expect test invitations?

Thanks
Hey

1. I might be wrong but if you have a common name for example John Smith, chanses are u will get one. There are many John Smith in the world and some of them might even have same bithday and the only way to distinguish John Smith born Jan 1 1989 agains John Smith born Jan 1 1989 is fingerprints.

2. It depends. I suggest to check your individual office. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/canada-appointment-only.html

Some offices are temporary closed which put a bigger load on other offices
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-temporary-offices.html

Link to tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit?usp=drivesdk

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Got an update today for Fingerprints and only me got one on family of 6.
Have 90 days to submit it.
My application is in CIC Vancouver.

Anton pls update

Last edited: