+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Same here…. I think I am going to withdraw my application and re-apply if they ask for re-medical. It might be faster. My friend has aor march 2021 got copr already.
5 weeks till the medical expires. Really hope it could be over soon. And really don't want to invest more money anymore, BOWP, visitor record, SOWP......possible medical.....Re-application does not guarantee anything, and you will have to pay for the application fee again.....

Reactions: moustached_devil

Chd2yyc

Apr 6, 2021
AOR July 2020
I am an inland applicant with my wife outland in India.
No updates till early this year. Was asked for wife’s biometrics which happened in March 2021 due to covid. Then asked for Additional documents in may and once that was submitted was asked for wife’s medical again which was done in May. For the past 3 weeks the only update I see is that they are reviewing the medical of my wife.
No idea when my application will be processed as I suffer here in Canada specially when I see applications in March 2021 being fully completed this month.
I fail to understand! Would have been better if I applied now instead of last year..

Reactions: moustached_devil

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
AOR July 2020
I am an inland applicant with my wife outland in India.
No updates till early this year. Was asked for wife’s biometrics which happened in March 2021 due to covid. Then asked for Additional documents in may and once that was submitted was asked for wife’s medical again which was done in May. For the past 3 weeks the only update I see is that they are reviewing the medical of my wife.
No idea when my application will be processed as I suffer here in Canada specially when I see applications in March 2021 being fully completed this month.
I fail to understand! Would have been better if I applied now instead of last year..
Trust me, you are not alone. I fail to understand so many things Canada and IRCC have done during the pandemic, which forced me to rethink my decision. The pandemic has made so many people suffer in many different ways, physically, emotionally, mentally, and financially, why on earth did IRCC put extra layers on top of everything?

sny.sng

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

I need your expert advice on a very urgent matter.

one of my friends living in Quebec and wants to apply for EE in july 2021. Can she work in Montreal and live in Ontario ( City near the border but also in Ontario). The total travelling distance for one side is around 100kms. can we do that if there is no issue or effect on the EE application?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I need your expert advice on a very urgent matter.

one of my friends living in Quebec and wants to apply for EE in july 2021. Can she work in Montreal and live in Ontario ( City near the border but also in Ontario). The total travelling distance for one side is around 100kms. can we do that if there is no issue or effect on the EE application?
There is noting that stops you form living anywhere and working in another part of the country. However, as an EE applicant, one of the conditions is that you do not intend to live in Quebec, unless you have a nomination from Quebec.

Given that your job is in Quebec, you will have to make sure that you negate that intention. Each case is fact specific and you will have to evaluate how you go about this.

For general understanding, see #6

Reactions: sny.sng

sny.sng

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
There is noting that stops you form living anywhere and working in another part of the country. However, as an EE applicant, one of the conditions is that you do not intend to live in Quebec, unless you have a nomination from Quebec.

Given that your job is in Quebec, you will have to make sure that you negate that intention. Each case is fact specific and you will have to evaluate how you go about this.

For general understanding, see #6
Thank you @legalfalcon for such a great info. Have a great weekend.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
Received my GCMS notes. No updates again in June. From 02 March to end of June no updates. By the way - CBSA notes I got in 24 days. Faster than before.

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Received my GCMS notes. No updates again in June. From 02 March to end of June no updates. By the way - CBSA notes I got in 24 days. Faster than before.
They lied, they lied some more, and they kept lying until the lies became the truth. Typical mindset.