+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Recommend Pass still means in progress. It won't be complete until conclusively passed by a senior officer.

Hierarchy:
Program Assistant - checks to ensure all docs are present and accounted for
Case Analyst - in depth review of submitted docs, confirms CRS points vs what was submitted, and makes Pass/ Fail/ Review Required recommendations
Officer - makes Pass or Fail decisions on stages
So recommended pass means passed by Case Analyst?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
So recommended pass means passed by Case Analyst?
It means the Case Analyst recommends that the Officer gives a Pass decision. the Officer can go along with the recommendation (which often happens) or can override the recommendation if:
  • They find a cause for concern in their final review
  • or the Case Analyst left additional notes for the Officer
Recommend Pass is a good step, but not out of the woods yet.

Reactions: abhijeet8685

dprakash

Jun 15, 2020
Category........
CEC
Hi Folks,
i submitted my CEC inland application on 30th July 2020 and now the application status shows as below :

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - September 29 , 2020:You passed the medical exam.

and no other information on application status Dashboard.

Biometric: Nov16, 2020,
Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Criminal & Background: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Do any one have same issue on the application and what should i do next? I called the IRCC last month and they said they my Eligibility is recommended pass but it never gets updated on my application. Is there any concern that i should be worried about?

amco

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi Folks,
i submitted my CEC inland application on 30th July 2020 and now the application status shows as below :

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:

Criminal & Background: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Do any one have same issue on the application and what should i do next? I called the IRCC last month and they said they my Eligibility is recommended pass but it never gets updated on my application. Is there any concern that i should be worried about?
Most of the July applicants have not received any updates since September / October.
IRCC is working on cec, and it can be seen that a lot of July applicants are getting copr.
All we’re left to do is wait.
Good luck

Reactions: abhijeet8685

dprakash

Jun 15, 2020
Category........
CEC
Most of the July applicants have not received any updates since September / October.
IRCC is working on cec, and it can be seen that a lot of July applicants are getting copr.
All we’re left to do is wait.
Good luck
Thanks @amco for reply. Do other applicant also see the similar application status Dashboard with no time line showing?

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Hi Folks,

Latest update:

Eligibility and Security normally gets updated on CIC when your application gets approved and copr is given

RajSingh12

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
called and the agent informed me that eligibility, criminality and security all passed ..waiting for finalizing the application. In my case there was no local visa office ... isn’t it always required or the ottawa can do the final part??

Reactions: assen89

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
called and the agent informed me that eligibility, criminality and security all passed ..waiting for finalizing the application. In my case there was no local visa office ... isn’t it always required or the ottawa can do the final part??
Ottawa can also issue the COPR or get your local VO.

Reactions: RajSingh12

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I will see if I can reach them and see if the ghost update I receive also indicates I passed all the stages.