+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Hey,
I have AOR July 13 and gave biometrics on Oct 27 (including spouse) and didn't receive any updates after. I called an agent on Nov 18 and nothing has started. I'm afraid it might be a very long wait for us for no reason. The agent even said that we have a very clear case, which makes me wonder even more, why nothing is moving forward. But it is what it is.
If you can call now to Agent your eligibility must be recommended pass. However, it will not reflect in the profile. For me AOR is 19 and agent told on 7th Dec. that eligibility is recommended pass.

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Hi All,

I received my GCMS notes recently, under Organization and Entities, the name says: Coronavirus 2020 and under other description it says Authorized. Can someone please confirm or share the interpretation of this? Does it mean my application is under "covid pace"? I don't see such wordings anywhere in my gcms notes.

Thank you for your help.

LeoLeoLeo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
My friend just called IRCC yesterday. This info can give us some idea.

AOR in the beginning of April in 2020.
APPLICATION TYPE : CEC with 1 Dependent
MEDICAL : Pass
BIO-METRIC : Pass
ELIGIBILITY : In progress
SECURITY : In progress
CRIMINALITY : In Progress
VISA OFFICE : TORONTO

even though it's in progress, IRCC staff said "the final decision was made" on the phone.
He couldn't get the answer of the result on the phone.

It seems the status might not change and about 2 months delayed (10 months).
I applied in June so probably I can get the result in February 2021.

Reactions: vancouverBC2017

vancouverBC2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
If you can call now to Agent your eligibility must be recommended pass. However, it will not reflect in the profile. For me AOR is 19 and agent told on 7th Dec. that eligibility is recommended pass.
What do you mean it "must be recommended pass"?
I am AOR July 29.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020
Just called the agent. CEC inland. Single person application

AOR: July 17
Medical : Complete
Biometric: Complete
Eligibility: In Process
Criminality: In Process
Security: Not started
VO: Ottawa

Reactions: SSC27
Jul 28, 2020
Updating my timeline here after speaking with an agent a few minutes back.

AOR: July 24 2020
Medical : Complete , Sep 16 2020
Biometric: Complete, Profile says Completed Nov, 2020. I never went for the biometric. Talking to the agent, he confirmed that if you have given it in the last 10 years, there is no need. However, my spouse has to give her's despite of her being a US citizen. I thought some countries were exempted but the agent confirmed that she has to give.
Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
However the agent confirmed on the phone its completed. So that's a plus
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background Check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final Decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

All the best to everyone.

Last edited:

canvis06

Dec 11, 2020
AOR: JULY 06 2020
BIO: OCT 23rd (completed)
medicals: AUG 26th (passed)
ELIGIBILITY:
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
BACKGROUND CHECK:
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
I'm worried about my eligibility check, candidates who applied after got finished with the step. For 2 days I was trying to call the IRCC agent but unfortunately couldn't connect the call, idk what to do, anyone having a similar issue...?

Last edited:

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hey,
I have AOR July 13 and gave biometrics on Oct 27 (including spouse) and didn't receive any updates after. I called an agent on Nov 18 and nothing has started. I'm afraid it might be a very long wait for us for no reason. The agent even said that we have a very clear case, which makes me wonder even more, why nothing is moving forward. But it is what it is.
My AOR is also July 13 with spouse. No update after medical. Done with the biomatrics on 9 dec. Applied for GCMS notes on 16 Nov no update on that as well.

Reactions: MiguelX
Jul 28, 2020
AOR: JULY 06 2020
BIO: OCT 23rd (completed)
medicals: AUG 26th (passed)
ELIGIBILITY:
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
BACKGROUND CHECK:
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
I'm worried about my eligibility check, candidates who applied after got finished with the step. For 2 days I was trying to call the IRCC agent but unfortunately couldn't connect the call, idk what to do, anyone having a similar issue...?
Try to call them early morning. Agents are usually very nice. They give you complete information. I strongly feel your eligibility is complete looking at your timeline

vancouverBC2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Hi @canvis06 and @byorderofthepeakyblinders (great nickname by the way, ha) -
I am in Vancouver and ON and others are in the future and blocking the line for us hahahaha, so I can never reach an agent, it's 8:00 AM when I tried to call but the only person that answers is the machine, and it always says the same thing: "We are reviewing if you're meeting the eligibility blaaaaaaaaaah!"...
:)

AOR: July 29, 2020

Eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Medical:
Passed.

Review of additional documents:
We do not need additional documents.

Biometrics:
We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
BUT: Agents told all fine as previous biometrics linked in the upper right corner!

Background:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

AYE!

Is the "We are processing the background check" a step forward or was that message always like this?
Do you think us July's will get the COPR by the end of the month? What do you think, what are the timelines for each and everyone?

MiguelX

Oct 15, 2020
Hi @canvis06 and @byorderofthepeakyblinders (great nickname by the way, ha) -
I am in Vancouver and ON and others are in the future and blocking the line for us hahahaha, so I can never reach an agent, it's 8:00 AM when I tried to call but the only person that answers is the machine, and it always says the same thing: "We are reviewing if you're meeting the eligibility blaaaaaaaaaah!"...
:)

AOR: July 29, 2020

Eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Medical:
Passed.

Review of additional documents:
We do not need additional documents.

Biometrics:
We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
BUT: Agents told all fine as previous biometrics linked in the upper right corner!

Background:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

AYE!

Is the "We are processing the background check" a step forward or was that message always like this?
Do you think us July's will get the COPR by the end of the month? What do you think, what are the timelines for each and everyone?
Hopefully some lucky ones will be among us!
I highly doubt it in my case though. My ECA by IQAS of my master degree already took 11 months, haha. So I don't think I'm very lucky with bureaucracy related things. I just looking forward to the day it's over and keep hanging in there.