caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@caipsnotes thank you for responding. The agent yesterday told that the application is in progress. I am not sure what that means when all the parts of PR application are status quo since Sep 2020 like eligibility is still showing Recommend Pass not in progress, Security is Not started. I am not understanding what should I interpret with application is in progress when actually there is no progress.

Do you know how long does visa officer takes to conclusively pass the eligibility?
Hi. Each application is different and it's hard to say how long, particularly these days with COVID delays

parthCA

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Called customer care. Agent said everything is up to date and they are finalizing my application what does that mean? VO is Ottawa. will I receive COPR soon? AOR 13 July 2020

Angelia009

Star Member
May 16, 2019
I got my biometric fee back on 23rd March but still no update on my application. Not sure what’s going on. If anyone has any idea or same experience please share with me.
AOR- July 9th,2020

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Called customer care. Agent said everything is up to date and they are finalizing my application what does that mean? VO is Ottawa. will I receive COPR soon? AOR 13 July 2020
meaning wait patiently.....some say 7-20 days, but some all passed since October with no approval. Such a sick game. If the final review takes so much time, what's the meaning of the 2 rounds of Recommended pass and pass for eligibility?
I got my biometric fee back on 23rd March but still no update on my application. Not sure what’s going on. If anyone has any idea or same experience please share with me.
AOR- July 9th,2020
got the fee back on 12th March, nothing. all stages passed. VO Ottawa, SVO Centralized Intake Office (dunno what it means)

Angelia009

Star Member
May 16, 2019
meaning wait patiently.....some say 7-20 days, but some all passed since October with no approval. Such a sick game. If the final review takes so much time, what's the meaning of the 2 rounds of Recommended pass and pass for eligibility?

got the fee back on 12th March, nothing. all stages passed. VO Ottawa, SVO Centralized Intake Office (dunno what it means)
Did you notice any ghost update? And May I please know your Aor?

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Did you notice any ghost update? And May I please know your Aor?
6 in total, last two were on 28 Feb and 1 Mar (assumed it was when all stages passed), found out by calling on 11 March, AOR July 25, more than 8 months and counting and they have the nerve to ask us for more patience by sending out that STUPID email.

vandana099

Oct 9, 2020
I am in same situation. Everything passed including info sharing on March 18. Biometrics refund they already processed but I didn’t receive. I called them they are saying my application is on final stage. Everything looks good. Any moment officer will share the decision.
AOR july15

parthCA

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020

I am in same situation. Everything passed including info sharing on March 18. Biometrics refund they already processed but I didn’t receive. I called them they are saying my application is on final stage. Everything looks good. Any moment officer will share the decision.
AOR july15
Do you have any outland dependent?

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Do you have any outland dependent?
When we first applied, yes. PA inland and 1 dependent Outland. Dependent entered CA in October and raised 4 webforms (not a single response from IRCC) and gave 1 call to specifically tell me that now everyone is inland. So not sure why they are holding the application.

vandana099

Oct 9, 2020
Hello Guys!
Finally✅✅
Golden email and call received
I am Permanent Resident of Canada now
Timeline -
Aor July 15
Medical September 4
Biometrics October 22
Ghost update on March 18,2021

approval and copr March 27
Call IRC’s on March 19 - got to know all stages were passed
March 22 biometrics refunded.
Today I got the call from Ircc immigration officer London Ontario and he confirmed me on the call regarding the approval of the application and after 10 minutes I got the COPR.
I need to apply for Pr card now by sending copr with photographs in London immigration office...

Super relief and fun

Last edited:

ShanikaR

Mar 6, 2021
Hi Everyone,
we got our golden email today. we got our COPR email from Etobicoke visa office. wanna thanks everyone in this forum for all the information shared and all the help. thank you so much!

AOR - July 27th, 2020
Medical Pass - September 17th
Bio M - October 17th
Approval - March 16th
Received the Email - March 27th

parthCA

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Hello Guys!
Finally✅✅
Golden email and call received
I am Permanent Resident of Canada now
Timeline -
Aor July 15
Medical September 4
Biometrics October 22
Ghost update on March 18,2021

approval and copr March 27
Call IRC’s on March 19 - got to know all stages were passed
March 22 biometrics refunded.
Today I got the call from Ircc immigration officer London Ontario and he confirmed me on the call regarding the approval of the application and after 10 minutes I got the COPR.
I need to apply for Pr card now by sending copr with photographs in London immigration office...

Super relief and fun
Congratulations. Can you please share VO Office name? what did they ask you when they called you? is that was private number? I am also in London, so just want to be prepared.

vandana099

Oct 9, 2020
Congratulations. Can you please share VO Office name? what did they ask you when they called you? is that was private number? I am also in London, so just want to be prepared.
VO office is in Ottawa. They called on saturday 1:30 pm from no caller ID and they asked me and my husband’s first arrival in Canada. He told me on the call about the approval of application and immediately I got copr

Reactions: Vinami