+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** July 2020 AOR - Join here ***

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
AOR: July 23
MEP & Biometrics Letter: Sept 11
PNP-Outland

Guys, has your application status changed in Mycic account apart from You passed Medical Examination. Peeps in forum are saying that background check will change to "your application is in progress " from "We are processing your background check". Mine hasn't changed except for Medicals and a biometric instruction letter.
It took a few days for me to change to the IP1 stage after medicals.

swapnil14

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
CEC inland
AOR: July 16 2020
ADR: September 8 2020 (ECA report of spouse)
MEP: September 10 2020
BIL: ???

emmalyng

Star Member
May 3, 2020
When is the best time to request for GCMS? My AOR is Jul 19, and then medical and bio-metrics request received on September 02, 2020, do you think I should WAIT for a month or two before requesting for GCMS? Ohhhh by the by, services canada IS inviting inland PR applicants to give their biometrics, call their hotline you will hear it after the "lebanon" updates. Thanks!

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
When is the best time to request for GCMS? My AOR is Jul 19, and then medical and bio-metrics request received on September 02, 2020, do you think I should WAIT for a month or two before requesting for GCMS? Ohhhh by the by, services canada IS inviting inland PR applicants to give their biometrics, call their hotline you will hear it after the "lebanon" updates. Thanks!
Indeed. They are contacting the applicants in Canada based on their AOR time to make the appointment of biometrics. Exciting.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
3 to 4 months post AOR is a good time to request your Gcms Notes

kunal56india

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hi, folks.
Anyone from July 2020 AOR, who has now received RPRF request?

Or anyone who has raised webform, could you please share status?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

When to order GCMS notes?

The GCMS refer to the programmed called Global Case Management System (GCMS) used by IRCC that holds the entire processing record of your application, including the the notes pertaining to eligibility by an officer evaluating your file.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

R10 or the completeness check is the first stage of the processing, wherein it is verified that your application is complete and all documents are submitted. Filing a complete application is the responsibility of the application, and if a document is missing, a reason and an exemption request should be filed.

If an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. R10 usually happens within 30-45 days of filing your application, around the time when medicals are passed. The exact date will be available in your GCMS notes.

There is no point requesting GCMS notes at this stage, since if your application is incomplete, it will be rejected anyway, and for the medicals, the MyCIC account does inform you of when your meds are passed.

GCMS notes become important only for the eligibility stage, which does not start until 3-4 months. Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First a case assistant or an analyst will review and make a recommendation. This is then reviewed by an officer who makes the final decision on the eligibility. Since each document you submitted has to be reviewed twice, this is the most time consuming stage.

Only for this stage are the GCMS notes relevant. While GCMS is a great tool, use it sparingly and only after 3-4 months have expired.

See https://bit.ly/30CAjL8

Friend123

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Pnp inland
Aor: July 24th
Medical passed-sept 14
We got a request for biometric and rcmp for my wife.

Also can anyone let me know where can I get my biometric done in Ottawa ??

tr3c00l

Aug 3, 2020
Pnp inland
Medical passed-sept 14

At the moment nowhere. Inside Canada you can only give biometrics at Service Canada - but not at the moment because Service Canada is closed for biometrics atm.

However, they just announced that they (service canada) will call applicants to make apppointments for biometrics. That is going to happen in chronological order - at the moment it seema that applicants from Februsry 2020 are getting these calls.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Pnp inland
Medical passed-sept 14

Currently Service Canada is closed. As per the most recent announcement form IRCC, Service Canada will call you at your number listed in your profile to schedule an appointment for the BIl, after you have received the BIL.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html?fbclid=IwAR1ejtJop60BPTTwfGRcv5z7_YcBrf-nnVr-YWCpmEPrUFTYfoDlau3sYV0

Friend123

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Re-posting my old post that addresses this question:

When to order GCMS notes?

The GCMS refer to the programmed called Global Case Management System (GCMS) used by IRCC that holds the entire processing record of your application, including the the notes pertaining to eligibility by an officer evaluating your file.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

R10 or the completeness check is the first stage of the processing, wherein it is verified that your application is complete and all documents are submitted. Filing a complete application is the responsibility of the application, and if a document is missing, a reason and an exemption request should be filed.

If an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. R10 usually happens within 30-45 days of filing your application, around the time when medicals are passed. The exact date will be available in your GCMS notes.

There is no point requesting GCMS notes at this stage, since if your application is incomplete, it will be rejected anyway, and for the medicals, the MyCIC account does inform you of when your meds are passed.

GCMS notes become important only for the eligibility stage, which does not start until 3-4 months. Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First a case assistant or an analyst will review and make a recommendation. This is then reviewed by an officer who makes the final decision on the eligibility. Since each document you submitted has to be reviewed twice, this is the most time consuming stage.

Only for this stage are the GCMS notes relevant. While GCMS is a great tool, use it sparingly and only after 3-4 months have expired.

See https://bit.ly/30CAjL8

As regards biometrics, this is the most recent notification:

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Category: CEC (Inland) |
ITA: June 25, 2020 |
e-APR Submission/AOR: Jul 21, 2020 with LOE for PCC |
PCC Applied: Jun 29, 2020
PCC Received and Submitted: Sep 4, 2020
Progress Bar appeared: Sep 11, 2020
PCC Processed: Sep 14, 2020
MEP: Sep 17, 2020
BIL: Sep 17, 2020

alexavbl

Jun 20, 2019
Hello guys!

Here is my info:
Category - CEC (Inland)
AOR - July 14th
BIL - Sep 5th (only for primary applicant tho)
MEP - still under review

Quick question, since I applied with 2 applicants - myself (primary) and my spouse (accompanying), we were supposed to received two biometric requests for both me and my spouse, but we have only received the biometric request letter for the primary applicant and not for the dependent.

Anyone had a similar issue? I wonder if we should contact IRCC or just wait...

Any advise is highly appreciated. Thanks!