+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

van1616

Jul 23, 2019
It’s the same email address from the oath invite email. Other than the signature and date, in the top right corner, you need to put in your application number and your UCI number. Don’t worry, after the oath, an official will go into a private room with you and show exactly what and where you fill things out on the form. You can also ask any questions you may have during that time. You can also ask questions when an official checks you in, it’s in another one on one private room. The whole thing is very well run and they make sure things are very clear.
Thank you for information. I appreciate it. !!

Reactions: AshesNdust

ankitpatel23590

Apr 26, 2014
Hey guys, here is my timeline. anyone around the same timeline still waiting for test invite?
Application Sent: July 29, 2019
AOR: Oct 18, 2019 | In process ecas: Nov 15, 2019
Test Invite: Waiting.....

Cunctator Learner

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
One step closer to the end... Received Oath Invite today for Feb 12th! :)

Application Sent: July 15, 2019
AOR: Nov 27 | In process ecas: Dec 19, 2019
New Test Letter Invite: Dec. 30, 2020 | New Test Interview Date: Jan. 04, 2021 (passed on Jan 07)
DM:
Jan 12th | Oath Letter: Feb 2nd | Citizenship Ceremony: Feb 12th
Congratulations and good luck :)

Reactions: BA2LAMAZ

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
For people who are interested, I heard from my coworker who ended up getting interviewed after he was asked to submit extra documents because of a travel date discrepancy on his application.

Nothing surprising, they verified all his travel docs and IDs that he had submitted, asked about his employment, and then asked to see the receipts he had for his trips outside of Canada and the purpose of the trip. Pretty much what he probably would have had to shown at an in person interview. They let him know that it all looked good and he’d get an oath invite soon.

So, anyone who made an honest mistake on their application and had to turn in extra documents shouldn’t worry too much. Seems like it’s just to make sure everything checks out.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
For people who are interested, I heard from my coworker who ended up getting interviewed after he was asked to submit extra documents because of a travel date discrepancy on his application.

Nothing surprising, they verified all his travel docs and IDs that he had submitted, asked about his employment, and then asked to see the receipts he had for his trips outside of Canada and the purpose of the trip. Pretty much what he probably would have had to shown at an in person interview. They let him know that it all looked good and he’d get an oath invite soon.

So, anyone who made an honest mistake on their application and had to turn in extra documents shouldn’t worry too much. Seems like it’s just to make sure everything checks out.

Helpful !!!! Fair and square process....

Reactions: AshesNdust

James_k

Jan 2, 2020
Hi, I took my citizenship test in dec 2019 in Mississauga & status got changed to DM in Mar 2020. No updates since then.
Is this because of the queue for the virtual oath or should i be reaching out to inquire?

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Hi, I took my citizenship test in dec 2019 in Mississauga & status got changed to DM in Mar 2020. No updates since then.
Is this because of the queue for the virtual oath or should i be reaching out to inquire?
I'd definitely bug them. No promises you'll get anything meaningful back though. A call followed by GCMS maybe?

taranjotwani

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see a lot of people from around my same timeline got test invites in January and I haven't heard from CIC and my ECAS doesn't mention new test invite being sent either. Should I call to check what going on?

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
I see a lot of people from around my same timeline got test invites in January and I haven't heard from CIC and my ECAS doesn't mention new test invite being sent either. Should I call to check what going on?
Try, but you'll get nothing out of it. The agent will simply tell you that things are ok, your file is ready for testing, but due to the pandemic IRCC offices are understaffed and would suggest you to wait for several months more. If you get your test date out of this call, I'll owe you a beer ;)