+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Citizenship Application sent - 18 August 2019
Application Type: Single
Test Invite - 2 Feb 2020
Test Date - 22 Feb2020

I dont pick up spam calls often so could have missed. Is the ceremony invitation by email or by mail to your home address? If email, can you tell me what is the email address from where you got the email?

Are you based in Ontario? I have filed everything before (when compared to your timeline) but never received anything yet.
I got all the notices in my email right from AOR till post ceremony administration.
Only the citizenship certificate was delivered in my post box.

I am in the Niagara region but the entire process till decision made was done at Scarborough processing office and after my post test interview I asked them to transfer the file to the Niagara Falls processing office that happened during the pandemic.

I know how frustrating it can be knowing about others having completed the process before you even when they had filed their application after you. No explanation other than the standard "each application is different to process". But looking at how things are being handled now, I believe you will also get the call/email soon.

Got following emails from ONTNF.Correspondence@cic.gc.ca
  1. Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Expression of Interest = Asking about my interest and ability to do a virtual ceremony scheduled for 30th July
  2. Notice to Appear: Pre-ceremony registration session – by video = For my ID verification 2 days before ceremony

Got following emails from CIC-NIAGARA-FALLS-SI@cic.gc.ca
  1. Notice to Appear Video Oath One-on-one Virtual Ceremony = Actual ceremony link
  2. Instructions for Post Ceremony Administration = Instructions to destroy the PR card and send the evidence back to IRCC
All the best.

Reactions: joe9kah

hamontca

Aug 12, 2020
I got all the notices in my email right from AOR till post ceremony administration.
Only the citizenship certificate was delivered in my post box.

I am in the Niagara region but the entire process till decision made was done at Scarborough processing office and after my post test interview I asked them to transfer the file to the Niagara Falls processing office that happened during the pandemic.

I know how frustrating it can be knowing about others having completed the process before you even when they had filed their application after you. No explanation other than the standard "each application is different to process". But looking at how things are being handled now, I believe you will also get the call/email soon.

Got following emails from ONTNF.Correspondence@cic.gc.ca
  1. Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Expression of Interest = Asking about my interest and ability to do a virtual ceremony scheduled for 30th July
  2. Notice to Appear: Pre-ceremony registration session – by video = For my ID verification 2 days before ceremony

Got following emails from CIC-NIAGARA-FALLS-SI@cic.gc.ca
  1. Notice to Appear Video Oath One-on-one Virtual Ceremony = Actual ceremony link
  2. Instructions for Post Ceremony Administration = Instructions to destroy the PR card and send the evidence back to IRCC
All the best.
Hi

I see you are from NF office. Did you email your oath form back to ONTNF Correspondence address or Niagara SI email address? Also did you get any reply when you sent the oath form? I sent my form last week, no update yet.

Thanks

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Application sent on July 2019
Citizenship test March 17, 2020
Decision Made March 19, 2020
No oath invitation before
Virtual oath Aug 26th 2020, Wish me luck hope all goes well.
Did you get a Citizenship certificate Number, after your ceremony, just curious.... I wanted to know if I can apply for passport before getting the physical citizenship certificate mailed to my address.
A citizenship certificate number is needed on the passport form.
I want to apply for my passport atleast 2 days after my zoom ceremony. Rather than wasting 2-4 weeks waiting for the physical citizenship certificate.

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Application sent on July 2019
Citizenship test March 17, 2020
Decision Made March 19, 2020
No oath invitation before
Virtual oath Aug 26th 2020, Wish me luck hope all goes well.
Did you get a Citizenship certificate Number, after your ceremony, just curious.... I wanted to know if I can apply for passport before getting the physical citizenship certificate mailed to my address.
I want to apply for my passport atleast 2 days after my zoom ceremony. Rather than wasting 2-4 weeks waiting for the physical citizenship certificate.

Cunctator Learner

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Hi all,
I am really worried if my citizenship application will ever show processed anytime soon. I applied for myself and my wife on July 17, 2019 (Vancouver) and got application receipt on Oct 20, 2019. Since then the status still shows 'In process'.
I read the google sheet which shows lot of people who applied in July last year got their test/ceremonies early in 2020.

Is anyone else here waiting for the 'in process' status to change as well?

Thanks again!!
I am in the same boat. No update :(

lulykibuly

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Just a quick one - I am moving to new address next month...So can i update the clerk about my new address and request them to send the certificate to the new address....thoughts?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi

I see you are from NF office. Did you email your oath form back to ONTNF Correspondence address or Niagara SI email address? Also did you get any reply when you sent the oath form? I sent my form last week, no update yet.

Thanks
Oath form emailed back to CIC-NIAGARA-FALLS-SI@cic.gc.ca
They don't acknowledge the receipt. We just have to wait for the status to become "Completed" in our ECAS which basically indicates that they sent the certificate.
The status change took me 4 days after the ceremony and 7 days after that received the certificate in my letter box.
You will get it soon. Take care.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Citizenship Certificate is mandatory with the passport application for immigrants. So you will not be able to apply before getting it.

If you need the passport urgently you have to prove the urgency as per the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/passport.html

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Just a quick one - I am moving to new address next month...So can i update the clerk about my new address and request them to send the certificate to the new address....thoughts?
Congrats for the oath ceremony invite.

You can update the clerk when they verify your IDs in the initial stage of the ceremony about the change of address for them to send the certificate to the new address. And knowing their unpredictability, don't be surprised if they still send it to your present address:D I read someone's story in this forum but don't remember the exact thread to share.

Anyway, take care.

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
I Just got invited for virtual citizenship. Processing location - Calgary.

Ceremony date - Sept 10

Reactions: Ajkenniek

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Mississauga Office:

1 applicant
Apply July 2019
Passed test March 2020

Decision made the day after on ECAS

Call from unknown number August 11- schedule Zoom oath in 2 weeks. Agent said an email will follow up with the details e.g. exact time and instructions

Email Aug 24: Confirmation and instructions of Virtual Ceremony

Virtual Ceremony completed today, lasted about 30 mins - Group Ceremony

No previous oath schedule

Pats_Kats

Jan 22, 2015
Done with virtual oath on August 26. Was done with everything within 1 hour. Signed and sent oath of citizenship form back on the same email from where I received oath invite. Ecas status changed to Complete on August 27

Would like to thank the forum and each one of July applicants for sharing timelines in this long journey which ends today.

@admin: Kindly update line 39