Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 09, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hi All..just to update I received the virtual oath ceremony invite on August 12 for ceremony on August 17 after a long wait from passing the test on Jan 16 and getting Decision made.

I took the oath today and became Canadian citizen with my wife and kid. Under 14 children don't need to take oath.
Entire ceremony was done on Zoom. There were total 35 people taking oath in the same ceremony.

Need to recite the oath in both English and French after the Presiding Official.

I preferred to e-sign the affirmation documents and emailed them immediately after the ceremony.

Certificate is expected in 2-4 weeks by regular post.
All the best.

Sdhar

Reactions: EUK

Cunctator Learner

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Hi,

Hope all are doing well in these interesting and challenging times.

It is quite good to see that a lot of people are entering the last phase of this citizenship journey and having their oaths though virtually. On the other hand, people have started to receive their AORs as well who had sent out the applications in the beginning of this year.

This all is happening after a relative long period of absence.

But my worry is about those who are in the middle (in process). Very very strangely, there is no talk about them at all. Surprisingly, I did not hear any voice raising a concern or even inquiring about their outcome. My application is "in process" since November 6, 2019. I am sure a lot of us are sailing the same boat. Does anyone have an update when IRCC will start conducting the citizenship tests/interviews?

Good luck to all.

Stay blessed.

Aug 18, 2020
Any one here from Vancouver BC? It seems like there are many applicants already received their virtual oath ceremony notice from other provinces.
here is my timeline:
CIC received my files on July 2, 2019.
IP on Oct 24, 2019.
I took a test on Feb 5.
DM on Feb 6 2020.

Then Covid-19 came first..

Now, mid of the August

stiiil

waiting... donno how long

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
But my worry is about those who are in the middle (in process). Very very strangely, there is no talk about them at all. Surprisingly, I did not hear any voice raising a concern or even inquiring about their outcome. My application is "in process" since November 6, 2019. I am sure a lot of us are sailing the same boat. Does anyone have an update when IRCC will start conducting the citizenship tests/interviews?
They've cancelled all tests about a week prior to when mine was scheduled. I'm in the same boat.

I honestly don't mind waiting, but I would love some communication from the IRCC. And I would love to know that the citizenship applications that are already in process will still go through eventually. My biggest fear is that they repeat what they did back in 2007 when the backlog grew too much: returning all applications and asking people to re-apply.

I just wish they would at least give us some information, instead of total silence. I've resigned to having to renew my PR card soon, which is a whole new process to go through :(

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
They've cancelled all tests about a week prior to when mine was scheduled. I'm in the same boat.

I honestly don't mind waiting, but I would love some communication from the IRCC. And I would love to know that the citizenship applications that are already in process will still go through eventually. My biggest fear is that they repeat what they did back in 2007 when the backlog grew too much: returning all applications and asking people to re-apply.

I just wish they would at least give us some information, instead of total silence. I've resigned to having to renew my PR card soon, which is a whole new process to go through :(
Technically, do you need to if you aren't planning to travel any time soon, do you really need to renew your PR? My understanding was that you can let your PR card expire while you go through the citizenship process.

You don’t need a valid PR card to apply for citizenship. You can apply with an expired PR card.
Considering no one is going anywhere and PRTDs are being issued in emergency travel situations, might just be better to sit tight and wait for the process to wrap up.

I understand your fear and empathize - let's hope for the best, but plan for the worst. I don't think that the backlog could've grown to that extent given that it was all old-school paper applications back then, but then again, there's a great dearth of statistical proof backing any claims flying around on this on the forums lately, so the only thing to do is to wait. Since operations shut down in Mid-March or thereabouts, it's been about 4 months on hold (seeing as the facilities began operating, albeit slowly) Since early July, so we're looking at at least a month or so of 'spin up' time before everything runs at full capacity. Contrary to what most people fear, it's not government instability that worries me (After all, Morneau resigned as the parties threatening to force an election had demanded, which means the Trudeau government has a new lease of life....for now) - it's the threat of a second wave during fall/winter. It'd be a damn shame if the organizations began to return to full capacity only to shut down again because of a spike in cases. This, to me, is a much more of a numbers-backed fear than current political issues. :(

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Technically, do you need to if you aren't planning to travel any time soon, do you really need to renew your PR? My understanding was that you can let your PR card expire while you go through the citizenship process.

Considering no one is going anywhere and PRTDs are being issued in emergency travel situations, might just be better to sit tight and wait for the process to wrap up.
Unless you qualify for an expedited application (work or medical) it takes months to get a new card. They actual allow you to turn in a renewal application 9 months before it expires. To put it into context, I sent mine in about 2 months ago and it hasn’t even shown up in the system yet.
So, there’s a good chance most people will have to travel at some point before they get their citizenship, especially at the rate it’s going now. I wouldn’t be shocked it they don’t figure out the test situation for another 6 months. Recently, there has been zero communication about it which makes me think they don't have a viable solution yet.

anustays

Star Member
Jan 29, 2014
hi all, i have become a canadian citizen today. Took my oath today morning. It was a smooth exp. Once i get my certificate in hand, i will apply for passport. Any guidance on that? Link where I can directly apply for canadian passport? Is it possible to apply online?
Thanks and best of luck to everyone waiting for this iconic moment.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
hi all, i have become a canadian citizen today. Took my oath today morning. It was a smooth exp. Once i get my certificate in hand, i will apply for passport. Any guidance on that? Link where I can directly apply for canadian passport? Is it possible to apply online?
Thanks and best of luck to everyone waiting for this iconic moment.
Congrats!

Currently regular passport applications are being handled through mail only.
You may check the below links for further details about the application process:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/passport.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports.html

All the best.

Reactions: anustays

hans42

Aug 24, 2019
Hello all,
Got an oath invite for virtual ceremony today. Ceremony scheduled for Aug 26. Had our test at Scarborough office on Feb 22. DM Feb 22.

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019

My job contract requires me to always hold valid travel documents for international travel. Sure, right now there's no travel in the horizon, but this can change and getting a new PR card takes months even in a normal year. I have no idea if that would qualify as an emergency situation and even then, urgent applications still take weeks.

it's the threat of a second wave during fall/winter. It'd be a damn shame if the organizations began to return to full capacity only to shut down again because of a spike in cases. This, to me, is a much more of a numbers-backed fear than current political issues. :(
Oh I'd be surprised if they'd even consider resuming in-person testing before the winter. In my head, it won't be until at least next spring that they'll look into it. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. There's always the possibility that they'll find a way to do online testing, I suppose. We'll see.

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
Hi, I have the Oath ceremony scheduled 19th Aug (today), via online zoom meeting. Local time: 2:15pm. Thank to God and Many thanks to you all for your support.

Wonderful efforts by the admin. Appreciated.

The long awaited journey is reaching the destiny in few moments.

Reactions: siddharthbala

anustays

Star Member
Jan 29, 2014
Congrats!

Currently regular passport applications are being handled through mail only.
You may check the below links for further details about the application process:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/passport.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports.html

All the best.
Thanks for the response.
Any exp with passport application timeline with normal processing times?