+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

bar4oc

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I had my citizenship ceremony via Zoom last Friday. It was very short and very efficient. I was sent a Zoom link via email a week beforehand, so I logged in at the specified time, where I was connected to a clerk who confirmed my details. I then was sent into a room with a judge and other applicants, where we recited the oath. Then I was back into a room with the clerk again who made me cut up my PR card in front of her on camera. Then I had to sign a form (electronically, they provide instructions on how to do so), and email it. And that was it! Over and doen within 25 minutes. Now I am just waiting for my certificate to arrive, and then I can apply for a passport. Overall the process was very easy and well-run, and everyone is very friendly.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

bwrani

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hi everyone,

I had my citizenship ceremony via Zoom last Friday. It was very short and very efficient. I was sent a Zoom link via email a week beforehand, so I logged in at the specified time, where I was connected to a clerk who confirmed my details. I then was sent into a room with a judge and other applicants, where we recited the oath. Then I was back into a room with the clerk again who made me cut up my PR card in front of her on camera. Then I had to sign a form (electronically, they provide instructions on how to do so), and email it. And that was it! Over and doen within 25 minutes. Now I am just waiting for my certificate to arrive, and then I can apply for a passport. Overall the process was very easy and well-run, and everyone is very friendly.

Hi
What is your timeline

Mughal007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Hi everyone,

Congratulations ... Were you the only one? or there were other candidates as well for oath taking?

bar4oc

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
What is your timeline
Applied July 2019, had the test and interview December 14th in Scarborough, ON, was stalled on 'decision made' since then, but received my invitation to an oath ceremony on July 24th, virtual ceremony was Friday July 31st.

bar4oc

Jul 29, 2019
Congratulations ... Were you the only one? or there were other candidates as well for oath taking?
There were maybe 15 other candidates taking the oath with me. You will do all the administrative stuff in a zoom chat by yourself with a clerk, and then be transferred into a group zoom with the judge and other candidates to take the oath.

Nifemi05

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hello everyone,

We completed Oath ceremony on July 29 in Calgary. Consequently, we received our Certificates of Canadian Citizenship yesterday, August 4:D.

Thank you all and good luck to the rest of us.

Be well and be safe !

*CIC mail out Certificate of Canadian Citizenship every Friday, according to the administrative clerk.

Reactions: Aby444

HMJC

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Calgary
Hello everyone,

We completed Oath ceremony on July 29 in Calgary. Consequently, we received our Certificates of Canadian Citizenship yesterday, August 4:D.

Be well and be safe !

*CIC mail out Certificate of Canadian Citizenship every Friday, according to the administrative clerk.
Congratulations! and glad to hear Calgary is moving..

Armelle

Jul 29, 2020
Hello everyone,

Be well and be safe !

Congratulations. Please when did you pass your test?
Hello everyone,

Be well and be safe !

Congratulations. Please when did you pass your test.? I passed mine in dec 6th and still waiting for the invitation. So stressful

Mbazinga

Mar 6, 2015
I did my virtual oath on July 22nd and still waiting for the citizenship certificate ? Anyone with similar situation ?

SAS_RAZA

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 04-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
25-06-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
23-06-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 14-08-2015, PPR:18-08-2015
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
Any updates regarding May/Jun/Jul 2019 Winnipeg applicants??