+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Mughal007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
We got our citizenship certificates in couple of days after our virtual oath ceremony on 16th July. Currently, they are only accepting urgent passport application? Has anyone applied for new passport recently after getting citizenship certificate even if they are not planning any travels in near future?
Read somewhere you can book appointment for urgent passport or apply through mail for normal passport. You may want to check more details on this.

Ahmedlubana

Jul 21, 2020
In 2 days it will be a year since they received my application and it still shows "In Progress" that's severely disappointing
Does anyone know what they are doing with people like myself who do not have to take the test and have not had an interview? I applied in July 2019 and In process sense Nov 5th 2019. I called IRCC and spoke to someone about where my application stands and was told that I passed the background and that all my paperwork was in order but that they had no timeline as to when I would take the Oath or if I still needed in Interview. Can anyone tell me if they are in the same situation as I am with NO Test needed but No interview given so far. What is next if anyone knows????
Thanks for any and all help.
Hi,
I also have the same situation, no test needed. As per IRCC update, they started my application processing on 23 October and no update since then, can ou tell me what they check for background info? Pls let me know when you have nay update of your status. Thanks for your help.

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hi,
I also have the same situation, no test needed. As per IRCC update, they started my application processing on 23 October and no update since then, can ou tell me what they check for background info? Pls let me know when you have nay update of your status. Thanks for your help.

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Sorry that I cannot help. They only said that I passed the background check but didn't give me any details about what they did or when it was done.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Nothing much can be done.. there are people who applied in feb 2019 and myself from June 2019 and still in progress no updates coz they can’t have tests.. just playing the waiting game..

anton_k

Jul 12, 2020
Does anyone know if there are updates about the citizenship test? Probably, someone had talked to IRCC officials-friends.

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016

haggisbasher

Feb 12, 2020
My ECAS was updated on friday with the following message not sure if its in person or virtual yet. The message would indicate in person but it may be a standard message thats not updated. we are in Calgary.

We sent you a notice on July 31, 2020 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 21, 2020 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

harish_s_ampeo

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2016
Hello, I just received Oath invite for Aug 6th. (Montreal - July Applicant)