+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

billcheng

Nov 22, 2019
I passed my citizenship test last week, now I am waiting for my oath ceremony. Have a question, we plan to move from Halifax to Toronto next month, I know I could inform IRCC the new address, but I don't know if they transfer my case to Toronto, how long will it take to get the oath ceremony in Toronto? Does it will delay the process a lot?? Anybody knows, TIA

diana83

Sep 13, 2012
Took my citizenship test yesterday -- I read the guide they sent me twice, very thoroughly, and memorized some key facts. Was done literally under 2 minutes and got 20/20. After meeting with the immigration officer, she said that they had to send my file to CBSA to verify my border crossings, which would take anywhere "from 2 to 4 months" to complete. Was anyone else told this? Is this a standard line that they tell people, and it's usually faster than that? I was a little surprised because I only take about 2-3 trips out of the country per year for about a week each time, so I didn't think it would take that long to verify.

billcheng

Nov 22, 2019
Took my citizenship test yesterday -- I read the guide they sent me twice, very thoroughly, and memorized some key facts. Was done literally under 2 minutes and got 20/20. After meeting with the immigration officer, she said that they had to send my file to CBSA to verify my border crossings, which would take anywhere "from 2 to 4 months" to complete. Was anyone else told this? Is this a standard line that they tell people, and it's usually faster than that? I was a little surprised because I only take about 2-3 trips out of the country per year for about a week each time, so I didn't think it would take that long to verify.
Just wait, nothing you could do, buddy

Anastasia_Y

Jan 10, 2016
I wrote my citizenship test on Feb 6th with 20/20. On the interview, the immigration officer looked at my passport and saw a lot of stamps in there, she asked the copy of my passport so she can verify my physical presence later on. I had a printout of all pages that I gave to her.

Today I received an e-mail from the citizenship office asking for additional info to verify my presence and they requested Entry-Exit record from the US, records of employment or paystubs for jobs I had in the last 5 years and (!!!!) Bank Statements for the last 5 years (!!!) are they nuts? it is 60 bank statements and I don't even have anymore an account with my first bank in Canada, my online profile expired many years ago and I don't think I can get any info on that.

Does anyone have any advice what to do with that?

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Well yeah, but I’m asking because I’m curious if this is standard procedure for everyone or not.
I would have to say no. Most people after the test and interview just await the oath ceremony invitation. I think the agent was doubting your days present calc. So they sent it in for further investigation. I hope you hear back sooner than that!

Reactions: diana83

bar4oc

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I feel like it depends on the officer you have. I had a similar thing happen in my interview, where my officer went through every stamp in my passport (including ones from many years before I moved to Canada), which was unnecessary. Also, I'm Irish, and go back to visit a lot, but I don't need a stamp in my passport any time I enter the EU, being an EU citizen. But my officer couldn't grasp that, and demanded to know why I had no corresponding stamps in my passport for every trip to Ireland, and when I couldn't give her an answer other than 'I don't need one as I'm an EU citizen', she said that she would have to start an investigation into my application. It's now nearly 2 months since my interview, and haven't heard anything since, so guess I'm still being looked into :(

diana83

Sep 13, 2012
Honestly I feel like it depends on the officer you have. I had a similar thing happen in my interview, where my officer went through every stamp in my passport (including ones from many years before I moved to Canada), which was unnecessary. Also, I'm Irish, and go back to visit a lot, but I don't need a stamp in my passport any time I enter the EU, being an EU citizen. But my officer couldn't grasp that, and demanded to know why I had no corresponding stamps in my passport for every trip to Ireland, and when I couldn't give her an answer other than 'I don't need one as I'm an EU citizen', she said that she would have to start an investigation into my application. It's now nearly 2 months since my interview, and haven't heard anything since, so guess I'm still being looked into :(
Good point - she told me that border agents don't always put stamps in the passport book, which is why they had to verify. I'm from the US, and I never do land crossings since the border is like 8 hours from me, but it may still be suspicious. Especially since my presence calculator had 1700+ days on it, and I think most people are much less! Thanks for the insight. Hoping things go smoothly for you, too.

tracychg15

Dec 22, 2019
Hi there where is your test? I applied and live in Newmarket. Just wanted to know where my file is being processed!!
[/QUOTE]
Scarborough CIC

KarlaLeiva

Sep 19, 2019
Hi everybody
Me and my husband just did the test. Both 20/20 and everything went good at the interview.
Thank you so much for all your updates and we wish all the best.

Reactions: Caitlyn T

Rush19

Jul 9, 2019
Hello all,

Just to give an update. I had the test last Saturday, February 08, scored 20/20.

Status changed to a decision made, on February 12.

Please update the spreadsheets.

Good luck to all of us.

Thank you,

mii4jans

Sep 3, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/08/2014
Doc's Request.
Soon
Nomination.....
19/12/2014
AOR Received.
Soon
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Soon
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
We just got Oath invite. Date is March 14, 2020.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I wrote my citizenship test on Feb 6th with 20/20. On the interview, the immigration officer looked at my passport and saw a lot of stamps in there, she asked the copy of my passport so she can verify my physical presence later on. I had a printout of all pages that I gave to her.

Today I received an e-mail from the citizenship office asking for additional info to verify my presence and they requested Entry-Exit record from the US, records of employment or paystubs for jobs I had in the last 5 years and (!!!!) Bank Statements for the last 5 years (!!!) are they nuts? it is 60 bank statements and I don't even have anymore an account with my first bank in Canada, my online profile expired many years ago and I don't think I can get any info on that.

Does anyone have any advice what to do with that?
Send them as much as you have.
If you don't have anything, indicate such in the letter accompanying the requested info.

1IslandGirl

Jun 8, 2017
Hi everyone. Can someone share the test structure in Calgary? Where is it typically held? What time of day is it usually? How long is the full process (i.e. test, interview etc.)? What if the test date provided is inconvenient, can it be changed?

Last edited: