+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Still waiting for point 4 Test date
ikr. I was looking at the temp office dates and it looks like they'll have one in my town in January but only for ceremonies, meaning us in Quebec City will probably have to wait months before we get our tests and interviews :(

Reactions: sylvain1

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
ikr. I was looking at the temp office dates and it looks like they'll have one in my town in January but only for ceremonies, meaning us in Quebec City will probably have to wait months before we get our tests and interviews :(
They are not announced long time in advance though, so we could be hearing from them soon anyway.

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
They are not announced long time in advance though, so we could be hearing from them soon anyway.
It's interesting that there seems to be more people from Quebec City in the July sheet than in any other month I've seen while skimming through this and past year's sheets. Hopefully that means there will be a critical mass for them to come down here soon.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
It's interesting that there seems to be more people from Quebec City in the July sheet than in any other month I've seen while skimming through this and past year's sheets. Hopefully that means there will be a critical mass for them to come down here soon.
I also know someone that applied in July but that is not on these forums, so yes hopefully there will be enough people to organise the exam soon!

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
CSQ 16/8/2013 PR 01/04/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
No passport request visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
Passed the test the 28/11 in Montreal, wonder how long it will take to get DM.

God I am so impatient

marcolee

Star Member
Jun 5, 2013
This is showing in my application status last week. I did not receive any email or mail.

Does anyone know what this correspondence is and how they send it?
How do I contact CIC if I don't receive anything next week?

"We sent you correspondence on December 6, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

Thanks.

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is showing in my application status last week. I did not receive any email or mail.

Does anyone know what this correspondence is and how they send it?
How do I contact CIC if I don't receive anything next week?

"We sent you correspondence on December 6, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

Thanks.
Hi,
Is your information in the sheet? I looked it up to see when you had the AOR, if your AOR is recent (within a month and half), most probably what you have received is related to finger print request which you will receive shortly.

All the best.
~A

bar4oc

Jul 29, 2019
So I just sat my test this morning in Scarborough (test was easy, got 19/20), and afterward, had my interview with a citizenship officer. She went through every page of my passport to tick off my list of absences from Canada that I provided in my initial application. However, she was very thorough and questioned every single stamp in my passport (even ones before the 5-year period prior to my application, such as vacations I took to Thailand and Australia 9 years ago), asked me why there were staples on some pages of my passport with nothing stapled in them (I had to explain that a lot of these were from much older tourist visas for vacations many years ago, which subsequently I didn’t need anymore and removed, and even that my Canadian work permits had to be stapled into my passport, and that all these left old staples behind). She also questioned me on stamps from US border crossings from times when I have crossed over to Niagara, NY or Buffalo, NY just for a few hours on day trips, and made notes of these in her file. I did not include these in my list of absences in mY application, as to be honest, I forgot about them, but also they were just for a few hours and wouldn’t count as a full day of absence from Canada.
Also, as I am Irish, and have a European Union passport, I have made several trips back to Ireland since being in Canada, and as an EU citizen, I can enter and exit Ireland without any issue. But she went through my list of absences, and when checking my Irish trips, asked why I had no corresponding stamps in my passport for trips to ireland. I tried to explain about how being an EU citizen means I do not require my passport to be stamped entering and exiting Ireland, but she seemed to think that was circumspect, and asked me how I could verify this. I couldn’t answer her, so she said she will
have to start an ‘investigation’ into my application, as she ‘has no idea if my total days present in Canada is correct’.
This was a bit of a bummer, especially as I was on a high after passing the test. It also seems a bit weird that she was thrown by my trips back to Europe and not having stamps in my passport, as surely I cannot be the first EU citizen she has interviewed...
Anyway, a word of warning just to be able to account for everything in your passport, even before the 5-year grace period of your application.

anustays

Star Member
Jan 29, 2014
Hi everyone, i called cic today to confirm if they have received my fp done back on bov 21, the guy was pretty polite to ket me know that all the other things like bg verification, criminal record etc with fp are processed and now i need to wait for test invite. I was excited to know this but then i recalled that i am a brampton candidate and test invite may not be that close! Any idea how much time it may take?
Good luck and happy holidays to everyone in the process. Wish u guys a faster processing in this new year!

zfx610

Jan 15, 2017
How does the test invitation work? Why so many applicants from Calgary got invitation that fast? Is it based on the number of people applied in a certain region?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi guys, just want to update u all..
I have passed the TEST 20/20.
Now waiting for oath ceremony.
Congrats!

Reactions: Am_O

3rbii

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Hi guys, just want to update u all..
I have passed the TEST 20/20.
Now waiting for oath ceremony.
Congrats...lm also in montreal and i was hoping to have the exam as the same time as you but that never happened.

Reactions: Am_O