+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Applied for Passport September 17 and received my passport October 22... I assume my Certificate will arrive in a couple days
Please don't assume. Ask them about it as it is a very important document.

My experience -
I had received my Canadian passport and was still waiting for the certificate. Even for knowing the status of the passport application I had to call them and I got the tracking number just the day before receiving my passport. I was assuming that the certificate will come before the passport as the agent with whom I spoke on the phone mentioned that the passport will be dispatched from BC while the certificate will be returned from Quebec so the certificate might be received first.

The next day when I received my passport (mailed from Mississauga) I called them again to ask for the status of the certificate. This time another agent mentioned that they have not yet mailed it back and it is in BC! On further asking when that would be mailed they created an Electronic information note for Canadapost to pickup my certificate for delivery while I was on the phone and provided me with the tracking number. Finally, I received it after over a week. That was an expedited service!

Just shared my experience and not trying to scare anybody. Many people would have had a far better experience.

All the best.

Reactions: TARTAR

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020

My experience -
I had received my Canadian passport and was still waiting for the certificate. Even for knowing the status of the passport application I had to call them and I got the tracking number just the day before receiving my passport. I was assuming that the certificate will come before the passport as the agent with whom I spoke on the phone mentioned that the passport will be dispatched from BC while the certificate will be returned from Quebec so the certificate might be received first.

The next day when I received my passport (mailed from Mississauga) I called them again to ask for the status of the certificate. This time another agent mentioned that they have not yet mailed it back and it is in BC! On further asking when that would be mailed they created an Electronic information note for Canadapost to pickup my certificate for delivery while I was on the phone and provided me with the tracking number. Finally, I received it after over a week. That was an expedited service!

Just shared my experience and not trying to scare anybody. Many people would have had a far better experience.

All the best.
Thanks again

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013

My experience -

All the best.
Appreciate your info, I will give them a call Monday and ask them for tracking number for the certificate

Canadamylove2020

Feb 8, 2020
Applied for Passport September 17 and received my passport October 22... I assume my Certificate will arrive in a couple days
Thanks for sharing

So we can apply for passport right after the oath without the certificate ?

Good to know. I thought that the citizenship certificate is required in the process of applying for the passport ?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Thanks for sharing

Good to know. I thought that the citizenship certificate is required in the process of applying for the passport ?
Don't get confused.

Same has been discussed in the earlier thread. Most such questions have been answered umpteen times in different threads in this forum. Kindly search for FAQ natured questions and you will find many answers and different experience to conclude.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2019-citizenship-applicants.624828/page-141#post-8939784

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Thanks for sharing

no you need your certificate to apply for a passport, which I did. But they sent back the passport and certificate separately and not as one mail

AAALLL

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
App. Filed.......
01-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Received my certificate today. Oath was SEP 25th, Certificate was mailed October 1st and received today.
congrats! whats your office?

Anastasia_Y

Jan 10, 2016
After exactly 2 month of waiting (my oath was on August 26th in Ottawa), I finally received my certificate in mail. Cannot believe this wait is over.