+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Still have no information on the interview portion of application. I do not have to take the test due to age BUT I still have not been able to get an interview. This is the only thing keeping me from my Oath ceremony. I've contacted IRCC and have been told that my application is complete other than the interview portion. Why can't they do a virtual zoom interview like they are doing for the Oath? They have no idea what they are going to do about interview's. I even suggested the zoom interview or an in person interview with social distancing and masks but nothing is going to happen. Mental health is not their concern.

edward22

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office Sydney, Nova Scotia - Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
Interview........
n/a
Virtual Ceremony completed today

Reactions: TARTAR

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Today I received an email to participate in the virtual citizenship oath ceremony. It feels strange because of following reasons:
  1. The title of the email is : FW: Notice to Appear: To take the Oath of Citizenship – by video , why does it has a FW in the title?
  2. They asked to keep a pair of scissors right next to you so when you complete the oath so that you destroy the PR card right in front of them. Is this for real? Does this happen for in person ceremonies as well? What if you need to travel for any immediate reason and need PR to re-enter Canada?
  3. They provided a zoom link , user id and password. But never asked in the email to acknowledge or confirm the participation to the ceremony.
  4. The fact that ceremony is on 4th September and I got the email today i.e. on 2nd September (literally 2 hours ago), is this correct ? Its less than 2 days ago, is this normal?
Anyone here please confirm if this is okay and expected? Do I need to confirm my participation by replying to the email ?

Last edited:

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Today I received an email to participate in the virtual citizenship oath ceremony. It feels strange because of following reasons:
  1. The title of the email is : FW: Notice to Appear: To take the Oath of Citizenship – by video , why does it has a FW in the title?
  2. They asked to keep a pair of scissors right next to you so when you complete the oath so that you destroy the PR card right in front of them. Is this for real? Does this happen for in person ceremonies as well? What if you need to travel for any immediate reason and need PR to re-enter Canada?
  3. They provided a zoom link , user id and password. But never asked in the email to acknowledge or confirm the participation to the ceremony.
  4. The fact that ceremony is on 4th September and I got the email today i.e. on 2nd September (literally 2 hours ago), is this correct ? Its less than 2 days ago, is this normal?
Anyone here please confirm if this is okay and expected?
I mean be happy you got an invite! What is your problem on the email title!! Check ecas !
Good luck and congratulations!

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
I mean be happy you got an invite! What is your problem on the email title!! Check ecas !
Good luck and congratulations!
There is no update on ECAS at all about virtual ceremony invitation. That is why I am concerned, this email is not even from any office. This is from an individual e.g. john.cam@cic.gc.ca

Last edited:

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Dont worry some people have received email from personal email id. the important thing is @cic.gc.ca .And still if you want to confirm you can anytime call their call center and verify...
I see, but I have to send an Oath form that I need to sign in front of the officer and mail it back. Should I mail it back to this personal email id?