+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Kera18

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Nightmare will be understatement, to be more serious looking at this from my own perspective this is the most useless immigration department In today civilized societies, even their automatic phone service is not working for the past 3 weeks no one dice it , and the minister keep calling for more immigration to come over to Canada when they don’t even have the capacity to handle the application they have at hand .. July 6th my timeline 9 days left nothing like Pre-Arival , everything is just quiet like immigration department is on holiday..
Totally agree... Thousands of applications still to be processed, and yet the Canadian government asking for more. Makes no sense!!!

hsheikhali

May 15, 2018
Remember DM can mean more than 1 thing in ECAS. If you did your medical exam and they recieved it they will change ECAS to show DM.

I'm soo confused though I recieved Pre-arrival months ago and they requested for updated docs since it's been 6months since they recieved our package. Now it shows that they are reviewing the additional documents and the background check is in progress. My question is how do I know if it's been sent back to Canada or is still in Nairobi Visa Office ?

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
Remember DM can mean more than 1 thing in ECAS. If you did your medical exam and they recieved it they will change ECAS to show DM.

I'm soo confused though I recieved Pre-arrival months ago and they requested for updated docs since it's been 6months since they recieved our package. Now it shows that they are reviewing the additional documents and the background check is in progress. My question is how do I know if it's been sent back to Canada or is still in Nairobi Visa Office ?
Dm only means decision has been made on your application, whether approval or rejection. Medical has nothing to do with dm. If, they receive your medical and passed it. It will show only in a line that they received your medicals, when you click on "in process" icon on principal applicant side.

Once your file has been transferred to local visa office, it will remain there and you will get your decision made from there only. Ircc don't transfer files back and forth from canada to local visa office and then back to canada. :) But this is only my understanding. Senior members can add or correct this.

hsheikhali

May 15, 2018
Dm only means decision has been made on your application, whether approval or rejection. Medical has nothing to do with dm. If, they receive your medical and passed it. It will show only in a line that they received your medicals, when you click on "in process" icon on principal applicant side.

Once your file has been transferred to local visa office, it will remain there and you will get your decision made from there only. Ircc don't transfer files back and forth from canada to local visa office and then back to canada. :) But this is only my understanding. Senior members can add or correct this.
I clicked no the decision made details there isn't any mention of approval or rejection but when I read more details to get an understanding of what it means the CIC clearly states it could any of 3 things including the decision made on your medical examination.

Anyway.. last update on my profile was "we are reviewing the additional documents that you have sent us" and my background check is in process.. been like that for a month now

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
As our process ended in less than 11 months going through the Mexico VO, I feel there's a big misunderstanding on this forum in regards to the processing times. The standard time is 12 months, if one out of 10 applications is processed in 6 months, that's their way of averaging out the process. For example if they process one application in 12 months and another one in 6 months, when you average that out, it gives you 9 months, so they can say they lowered the average time.
On the other hand, if you read the fine print on the processing time you would know that they only "aim to process 80% of the applications within the 12 months" and the last time they reported actual data they indicated that only 73% of the applications were processed within 12 months (so they are informing that they are below the service standard). In the end, you cannot blame the local visa office entirely, every application is different, it doesn't matter if you sent yours the same day as your neighbour, they are processed differently
Finally, Mexico VO is known to be slow and I was fully expecting our application to go the full year and possibly more, but you have to consider that they process the applications for several Latin-american countries. This is a process that used to take 24 months and some people here have been waiting for 6 months and are already losing patience, just relax enjoy the weather and when you least expect it, you will get the good news, I wish everyone good luck
That's just my opinion

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
I clicked no the decision made details there isn't any mention of approval or rejection but when I read more details to get an understanding of what it means the CIC clearly states it could any of 3 things including the decision made on your medical examination.

Anyway.. last update on my profile was "we are reviewing the additional documents that you have sent us" and my background check is in process.. been like that for a month now
My bgc was started in nov till march, then in march it started showing bgc has not been started yet. So we can't just rely on gc key. As far as i know, ecas never shows dm for medicals or we are reviewing additional docs. I guess you are talking about gc key not ecas. They are two different things. :)

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
As our process ended in less than 11 months going through the Mexico VO, I feel there's a big misunderstanding on this forum in regards to the processing times. The standard time is 12 months, if one out of 10 applications is processed in 6 months, that's their way of averaging out the process. For example if they process one application in 12 months and another one in 6 months, when you average that out, it gives you 9 months, so they can say they lowered the average time.
On the other hand, if you read the fine print on the processing time you would know that they only "aim to process 80% of the applications within the 12 months" and the last time they reported actual data they indicated that only 73% of the applications were processed within 12 months (so they are informing that they are below the service standard). In the end, you cannot blame the local visa office entirely, every application is different, it doesn't matter if you sent yours the same day as your neighbour, they are processed differently
Finally, Mexico VO is known to be slow and I was fully expecting our application to go the full year and possibly more, but you have to consider that they process the applications for several Latin-american countries. This is a process that used to take 24 months and some people here have been waiting for 6 months and are already losing patience, just relax enjoy the weather and when you least expect it, you will get the good news, I wish everyone good luck
That's just my opinion
What you say is true. They never guarantee anything and VOs vary in their efficiencies and workloads. I actually read all about their standards and estimated wait times so I'm not befuddled by what's going on.

Family Class Priority (Overseas – spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children)
  • Our service standard: process applications within 12 months
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of applications submitted
  • Our performance in 2017-2018: processed 73% of applications within the standard
    • processed 80% of all applications in 15 months
    • processed 80% of applications received since December 2016 in less than 12 months
    • We expect faster processing as we finalize applications from before December 2016
  • We introduced this service standard in April 2010
It would seem that for 2018-2019, it should be higher than 73%. Loading all of the Latin American applications onto Mexico City must have been a cost cutting measure. I don't agree however, that they prioritize cases based on complexity. There's something else going on that may explain the differences in waiting times at the same VO. One may have a simple, clear cut case and may wait far beyond the 12 months. It appears to be random and illogical.

pr90

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Totally agree... Thousands of applications still to be processed, and yet the Canadian government asking for more. Makes no sense!!!
Wouldn't you ask for more information, if you feel something is off? As immigration officer that is their number 1 duty, to give all applicants the benefit of the doubt.. A lot of applicants here do not provide enough information/documents when submitting their application and yet gets frustrated for all the delays. Things do expire such as security clearance & medical results and its really up to their discretion if they require you to re-submit or ask for more evidence. You have video calls nowadays and that what were basically living on.:) Almost there don't worry. I sent a webform on our 6th month and received the automated reply of basically "wait" but on my 10th month which I did go again and got a proper response from them regarding which month my application was due for review (no exact day/date) and a week after our pre-arrival arrived and follow by bgc.

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Wouldn't you ask for more information, if you feel something is off? As immigration officer that is their number 1 duty, to give all applicants the benefit of the doubt.. A lot of applicants here do not provide enough information/documents when submitting their application and yet gets frustrated for all the delays. Things do expire such as security clearance & medical results and its really up to their discretion if they require you to re-submit or ask for more evidence. You have video calls nowadays and that what were basically living on.:) Almost there don't worry. I sent a webform on our 6th month and received the automated reply of basically "wait" but on my 10th month which I did go again and got a proper response from them regarding which month my application was due for review (no exact day/date) and a week after our pre-arrival arrived and follow by bgc.
Did you send that form to the VO? If so, don't they specifically say in the AOR2 letter not to bother them until the 12 months are up? You're contradicting yourself a bit here. I don't think that their prime duty is to give people the benefit of the doubt considering the volume of fraud that's out there. I agree that many shoot themselves in the foot by submitting incomplete applications. But many applications are complete and meticulous and still go past the 12 months.

pr90

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Did you send that form to the VO? If so, don't they specifically say in the AOR2 letter not to bother them until the 12 months are up? You're contradicting yourself a bit here. I don't think that their prime duty is to give people the benefit of the doubt considering the volume of fraud that's out there. I agree that many shoot themselves in the foot by submitting incomplete applications. But many applications are complete and meticulous and still go past the 12 months.
I am not talking about AOR2

I sent in a webform questionnaire to our VO which is LVO where our application is being processed regarding our application.

First attempt was during our 6 months - reply was (it's still under 1 year, we are not obligated to answer)
Second attempt was during our 10 months - reply was (application is due to be reviewed within the following month with no specific date/day)

So my suggestion is to everyone who passed their 9th or 10th month to send in a webform to the VO and inquire about their application, it may trigger some sort of attention.

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
As our process ended in less than 11 months going through the Mexico VO, I feel there's a big misunderstanding on this forum in regards to the processing times. The standard time is 12 months, if one out of 10 applications is processed in 6 months, that's their way of averaging out the process. For example if they process one application in 12 months and another one in 6 months, when you average that out, it gives you 9
congreatul
Got ppr today after 4 days into DM.
Got ppr today after 4 days into DM.
Congratulations

Reactions: Has_You