+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

jaz13

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
We got interview. Interview is on may 23 in India. We are August applicants. Anyone that’s gotten an interview can you please tell us what kinda questions they might ask, what should we take with us? Even though I’m not in India I’m going to see if I can get days off from work but if I can’t is that a red flag as well? Please let me know thanks.

Eelhsa

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Ohio, United States of America
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
03/07/2018
Doc's Request.
31/10/2018
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
05/11/2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15/03/2019
Med's Request
08/03/2019
Med's Done....
26/03/2019
*I previously posted this in the wrong sub-forum, so I am reposting here. My husband and I are July (Outland) applicants.

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to say, after months and months of uncertainty, I was approved as a sponsor on March 8, 2019. My husband received his medical request the same day and he had his medical on March 26, 2019. On Friday (April 18th) we received an email informing us that the processing of our application is almost complete and that we need to update our application (if necessary) and also determine whether or not we need to send in his passport. From the letter it seems as though he would not need to send in his passport, as he is American and does not need a visa or eTA to travel to Canada. Yet, it says further down in the document that we need to complete and submit "Annex A" which will apparently be attached to his passport. So, are we required to send in his passport or not? This letter is unclear. Is this an official passport request or does that come later?

Thank you in advance!

vpwaiting

Jul 30, 2018
Okay, I am sure this question has been asked and answered but I can't find it. My husband had his interview two weeks ago in Anakara. He "passed", they stamped his passport. When does he actually get his permanent resident card? I paid for this part of it as well at the start of the spousal application.

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Okay, I am sure this question has been asked and answered but I can't find it. My husband had his interview two weeks ago in Anakara. He "passed", they stamped his passport. When does he actually get his permanent resident card? I paid for this part of it as well at the start of the spousal application.
Congratulations! He has to go through the landing process first. His PR card will be forwarded to your Canadian address a few months (usually less than 3) after he lands in Canada. His COPR (the long paper that came with his visa) is his temporary PR card.

Tuhin_Ashraf

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Hello guys. I have all the docuemntsto sponsor my wife. But I am thinking do I need to create any account or just send the documents to CIC?

Thank s.

toluomirin

Apr 21, 2019
Hi
Thank you very much for information. I have come to Canada 3 months ago on PR. I have submitted my family sponsorship application in July. My husband and kids are in India and I am working in Canada.
My COPR had names and UCI nos of my husband and kids but they were mentioned as non accompanying that time will it help to fasten the process in any ways?
Hello, just to find out because i am currently in your type of case, how long in general did your processing take for your husband to get his and children PR done. Because my wife and children are in Canada and we just sent our application to Sydney last week.

sjose1

Dec 18, 2017
Hello guys. I have all the docuemntsto sponsor my wife. But I am thinking do I need to create any account or just send the documents to CIC?

Thank s.
Sponsorship is still via paper application. You need to mail the application with all supporting documents. Once they acknowledge your application, you can create an account and link your application using the application number/ UCI.

Reactions: schweisy

GuillermoQC

Aug 9, 2018
Waiting since early March for a reply from Bogota VO. Does Medical exam & Passport request is something long once it is sent with that Visa Office?

I have the feeling it will not be completed under 12 months.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

Thank s.
You are asking this the same question all over the place. Do you ever bother to check that people already answered your question many times in all threads you posed?

Reactions: s_n _10

Rich4bright

Mar 9, 2016
Pls I need you guys to advise me on this. I have gathered all documents to sponsor my wife and her dependent son whom she never got married before she had d boy. In our country specific requirements it states that if child birth certificate was not issued at d time of birth, we should provide other documents that states d parents or school documents that state both parents. The issue is that the man has never been in d picture of the boys life, since they weren’t married. How can I get this done for officer to be convinced or can I just explain to them? Thanks in advance

s_n _10

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
It has been almost 10 months now, our BackGround check has not started. Medical passed Dec 27, 2018. Provided additional documents. Should I be worried? Anyone else in the same boat for BGC?

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
It has been almost 10 months now, our BackGround check has not started. Medical passed Dec 27, 2018. Provided additional documents. Should I be worried? Anyone else in the same boat for BGC?
You are not alone , my Aplication is also 10 month .. the last update was 3 months ago.. BGC in process for the past 3 month..
We just need to be positive . Is a waiting game ..

Reactions: s_n _10

s_n _10

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Same timeline--July 9 applicant. No update since medical request on December 18 (passed 26). Background check hasn't started yet either.
@bago4c it just gives me anxiety that almost 10 months, when I call the 1888 number it states BGC has not started which I believe can take 3-4 months additional.

Reactions: bago4c